Author Topic: Foot Peg Lowering on V7III  (Read 1230 times)

Offline 9fingers

• Gosling
Foot Peg Lowering on V7III
« on: July 24, 2021, 07:16:09 AM »
What are my options for lowering the pegs approx 1"? I am 6'1" with 34" inseam and though the bike is still comfortable, I know it will be even better if I lower the pegs a bit. I do drag them every now and then so don't want to do the 2" lowering I have heard about. I saw a posting on some forum, I have no idea which one, about a guy that bought Honda Goldwing pegs off of Ebay, and he claimed they lowered his foot position but were not closer to the ground.........whic h seems impossible. Any advice? Thanks,
Scott
Current bikes:
V7 III Special - Sophia
Royal Enfield Classic Chrome 500 Bullet - Guinevere
Suzuki V Strom 650 - Rita
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL250 custom
Honda TL125
Yamaha TY350

Offline Siamese

• Gosling
Re: Foot Peg Lowering on V7III
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 12:37:50 PM »
I'm 5'11", 32" inseam, and found the riding position to be a little scrunched for my legs.  Hate that. 

I removed the rubber pads from the stock pegs, and noticed an improvement with even that little bit of lowering.  So, I went with a set of lowered pegs from these people:
http://www.knightdesignllc.com/Landing-Pages/lowered-footpegs.htm

The silvery colored pegs are a near match for the rest of the shifter and brake gear, so I'm happy with the appearance. 

I went with the least amount of lowering they offer, which is 1-3/8".  There's no rubber pad on these pegs, but I can't say that I've noticed any additional vibration. 

Offline greer

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 01:01:38 PM »
I know the title is "Rear Sets" but the thread goes into adjustable pegs:

https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=99723.0

Sarah
Sarah '21 V7 Special, '17 XT250, '17 V9 Roamer sold August 2021, '16 V7 II Stone sold September 2021, '08 Nevada Classic sold August 2020 
Doug '21 V85TT, '05 Sportster Roadster, '13 XT250

Offline egschade

• Gaggle Hero
  • Eric - MGNOC NJ Rep - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 10:23:16 AM »
Get 40mm longer shocks and proper weight springs in the front. Did this on my III and gained a couple inches more legroom AND a better ride.
The elder Eric in NJ

2020 V85TT Adventure
1985 LeMans 1000
2005 BMW F650GS

Past Guzzis:
V65 SP
V7 III
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 10:23:16 AM »

Offline egschade

• Gaggle Hero
  • Eric - MGNOC NJ Rep - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 09:50:22 PM »
Um, how are longer shocks and different springs going to change the relationship between the seat and pegs?

Or, did you lower the pegs and compensate with longer shocks?

John Henry

The longer shocks increase the swing arm angle and made a noticeable difference (to me) in the seat height and seat to peg length. I never did measure but it definitely felt roomier with the seat higher in the air.
The elder Eric in NJ

2020 V85TT Adventure
1985 LeMans 1000
2005 BMW F650GS

Past Guzzis:
V65 SP
V7 III
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 12:04:23 AM »
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 07:34:59 AM »
What are my options for lowering the pegs approx 1"? I am 6'1" with 34" inseam and though the bike is still comfortable, I know it will be even better if I lower the pegs a bit. I do drag them every now and then so don't want to do the 2" lowering I have heard about. I saw a posting on some forum, I have no idea which one, about a guy that bought Honda Goldwing pegs off of Ebay, and he claimed they lowered his foot position but were not closer to the ground.........whic h seems impossible. Any advice? Thanks,
Scott

So despite Eric's drug use here, slightly longer shocks and better front springs would likely allow you to add lower pegs without scraping more often. I would definitely say you should consider that especially if you make the change and find that are dragging more often/too often.

I found that our V7III dragged sooner than our V7 Stone (stock compared to stock, before I lowered the Stone's pegs 2") so I didn't want to go that way on the III.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO, when Chethro traded his III Dark to Enzo at Cadre I called Enzo up and offered to buy the seat Chetheo had modified (+3") for this exact purpose. More legroom, without changing peg height.

Before you go and buy anything, why don't you head up to Medford (I hope you didn't make the Hot Diggity Dog run yesterday that I couldn't because you were 15 miles from me then) and swap on the big seat to your III and give it a test. Heck you can borrow it for a week or something if you want.

A taller seat might be a much better solution.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 02:34:52 PM by Kev m »
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 08:28:12 AM »
The GL1800 pegs will give you a lower foot position, but the pegs themselves are lower (albiet very slightly). This can clearly be seen when you swap them onto a Norge or Breva and the sidestand now hits the left peg when retracted.  The footbed/platform IS thinner as well as the rubber... they are quite a bit wider as well and very comfy. They only drop your foot about a half inch(+), but they are comfy and work well.
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline Off @ 90

• Heron Head Heretic.
  • New Egg
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 04:22:03 PM »
I replaced the aluminium /steel foot pegs on my V7  Stornello with rubber /aluminium ones  for Honda CB400/600 .
Fitted  straight on .I just  bent the supplied  spring straight on one end . The height is about the same and about  12 mm shorter than the original peg 100 mm width from pivot pin to end of rubber. The Goldwing peg maybe a better option on Stornello as the Arrow pipe tends to push your  right foot out more.I have spaced the foot peg/ brake bracket  out 8mm to give a bit more clearance to heat shield on pipe. My boots tended to slip off the oringinal ally pegs plus no vib absorption .
Duncan

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here