General Category > General Discussion

How long before you know?

<< < (2/7) > >>

Moparnut72:

Im not belittling a BMW because I know they are fine machines but apparently not suited for every rider.

Kinda like a Moto Guzzi, no?   :thumb:
kk

Ncdan:

--- Quote from: Moparnut72 on August 01, 2021, 05:37:28 PM ---Im not belittling a BMW because I know they are fine machines but apparently not suited for every rider.

Kinda like a Moto Guzzi, no?   :thumb:
kk

--- End quote ---
Lol, I reckon so👍

Gliderjohn:
A big leap for me was going from a Suzuki GS400 that I had ridden for eleven years to a very stripped down T-3 LAPD police version. All the police stuff had been stripped from it including the windscreen and seat and a traditional T-3 seat was on it. Rode it 90 miles home from Emporia to Wichita, KS on a day that had 30mph avg. wind speeds to 50mph gusts (all cross winds). Was exciting at times on the T-3 for a first ride but would have been terrifying on the Suzuki. 
GliderJohn

TN Mark:
I rode my Griso from Chicago to Ohio to trade it for a Cal Vin. I knew 5 miles into the ride home I made a mistake.

I traded a beautiful Bassa for a V11 Sport and knew in one ride down my street I made a horrible mistake.

The first mile of a test ride on a bone stock Victory Cross Country Tour and I thought, this bike sounds and feels constipated but the ergonomics are awesome. I added all the usual performance mods and have never been more content with any motorcycle. I now have over 85K on it.

The first few test ride miles on a CA Touring, a bike that I wanted to like, I hated. I quickly brought the bike back to the dealer. For me, the ergonomics were poor and the bike ran terribly. The slight change to the Eldorado ergonomics feel fine to me though.

larrys:
It has taken me a couple thousand miles on my Monster to become truly comfortable with it. I will state that it the first bike of the genre that I have owned. Had 3K miles when purchased, now has 5K. It seems to have broken in considerably, also. Much smoother at lower rpms, much better manners in slow traffic. YMMV.
Larry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version