General Category > General Discussion

Bike to Bike Jumper Cables

<< < (2/4) > >>

guzziart:
I carry a set of motorcycle jumpers on my '72 Eldo that  I bought at cyclegear or the like.  The 11 year old Odyssey battery that was in my LMIV refuses to crank it so I put it in the Eldo, it cranks that just fine.  So, that's why I carry jumpers. :laugh:

blackcat:

--- Quote from: SLDMRossi on August 02, 2021, 10:16:07 AM ---Of course, bike-to-bike requires...a second bike. Another alternative for the solo rider is a small, WeeGo 22S lithium-ion Jump Starter. It's not much bigger than a cell phone...

Steven Rossi

--- End quote ---

Yes, I have a version of those little chargers and they also come in handy for cell phones, etc.

zebraranger:
I also carry one of the lithium powered portable power packs. Never needed it myself, but I've successfully jump started a couple of others who needed the help. Its rated at 2200 Amps (peak) and is also capable of jumping through the battery tender pigtail. Also doubles as a cell phone or action cam charger, fire starter or flashlight for emergency use.

Dirk_S:

--- Quote from: zebraranger on August 02, 2021, 12:06:08 PM ---I also carry one of the lithium powered portable power packs. Never needed it myself, but I've successfully jump started a couple of others who needed the help. Its rated at 2200 Amps (peak) and is also capable of jumping through the battery tender pigtail. Also doubles as a cell phone or action cam charger, fire starter or flashlight for emergency use.

--- End quote ---

Are you sure about it being able to jump start through the Battery Tender cable? I'd be quite surprised by that, and I'm thinking instead that it can charge the bike or itself via the Battery Tender cable, which is just an SAE connector.

blackcat:
I've only used the one I have with the alligator clips on my CX when I was having some weird charging problems in route to the New York state rally a few years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version