General Category > General Discussion

BMW goes all in with the R18 platform.

<< < (2/7) > >>

JJ:
Although interesting, twowheeladdict is right...Harley and Indian do not have to lose sleep on this new models from BMW... :laugh: :grin: :wink:

Kev m:
I've liked it ever since I saw the original R18 prototypes in the flesh at Barber's two years ago or so.

I'm not sure I'd buy it over my RK because of the many reasons I already have the RK.

That said, there was some rumor of an R9T based smaller version which would tickle me pink and I might just cave at that point.

Actually Jenn and I checked out an R9T Cafe (or whatever the model is called) at a local used bike dealer the other day and both liked it, though the riding position is way too extreme for my tastes. Still if I were to buy a new BMW RIGHT NOW it would be between an R18 and an R9T (with a nod probably going to a basic upright R9T).

egschade:
I wonder if BMW really did a good market analysis before launching this model. Seems to me that the heavyweight cruiser market is limited to what buyers will accept in terms of looks and riding position. I suspect the layout and cost of the R18 will leave BMW a niche player in this market and have limited sales.

Will be interesting to see sales figures a year from now...

TN Mark:
The R18 Transcontinental and the R18B are, IMHO, perfectly executed and drop dead gorgeous.
If I were in the market to replace my Victory Cross Country Tour this new BMW Transcontinental
would be my top choice. The more I see it and learn about it the more I like it.

If I could change one thing on it, Iíd prefer the Moto Guzzi V Twin in 1800cc. Itís a shame
Piaggio abandoned the big bike touring market. But itís also not surprising they did.

Mayor_of_BBQ:

--- Quote from: Kev m on August 03, 2021, 07:45:41 AM ---
That said, there was some rumor of an R9T based smaller version which would tickle me pink and I might just cave at that point.
--- End quote ---
I think they would sell, look how many Honda Fury they are churning out.

--- Quote from: Kev m on August 03, 2021, 07:45:41 AM ---Actually Jenn and I checked out an R9T Cafe (or whatever the model is called) at a local used bike dealer the other day

--- End quote ---
This is to me, the best looking BMW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version