General Category > General Discussion

future Guzzi parking

(1/6) > >>

lucydad:
All,

Note third, single garage on right side, and bump out to far right.  That is my future Guzzi parking (and Triumph).  Builder says closing is December 28th.  I have never, ever seen a house go up so fast.  Frankly, I will believe it when I see it.  Oh, and there is room for a Porsche?  Or something.  Not sure, will think on that next spring to summer.  New Miata intrigues me, or a CX-5, maybe a 1957 Chevy?  Very undecided.

Rode the Cannonade down, about 12 miles round trip, and fairly windy.  That makes for excellent cardio for this retired 61 year old.  I decided to take this Friday off from the relentless grind of getting our current house ready to market the first week of December.  House loan and rate lock should happen next week.  This is pretty intense and stressful, big money, big decisions, lots of moving parts stuff.  In the end though, it will be wonderful to have a house that really fits our post-retirement desires.  We hope for a quick sale of this current house.  The oil crash has had a typical down cycle impact though, but Sugar Land is not populated with so many oily types as west Houston and Woodlands.

It is a beautiful fall day here.  Tomorrow I will take the V7R out for a romp. 

oldbike54:
 Geez Greg , how many people are gonna live there ? :shocked:

Dusty

not-fishing:
Stairs? 

Who's going to clean it?     :thewife:

Once I get my present house sold I'm looking for something around 1,000 sf or less with a 2400 sf Cave-Garage-Shop.

A man's got to have his priorities right.

JeffOlson:
Ah, Texas! (My wife is from Garland, just outside of Dallas.) Very nice parking arrangements!

lucydad:
Yep, this is TEXAS where cars are king!

House floor plan has master suite bottom floor, and a full guest bedroom and bathroom also bottom floor.  Upstairs is game room, storage, and two bedrooms and large bathroom, and an office nook.  Main office and kitchen/formal dining/casual dining/butler pantry/wine storage/laundry-poodle room/pantry also downstairs.  Full outside kitchen under covered patio is the future Tiki bar.  The floor plan is very open, and the kitchen-dining-living room can easily entertain many people.  Plenty of room for wandering Moto Guzzi rides to park and hang and slumber after a Mai Tai, beer or scotch.

Maid does the cleaning and yard crews do the yard work. I don't do much of that stuff anymore, put plenty of time in over the decades.

So, actually:  a great floor plan for two people, two poodles and the periodic Alzheimer's clinic.  No more going up and down stairs for Grandpa Larry.  Some day, maybe:  grand children visiting.  Fruit of 4 decades working in oil patch.  We ate plenty of beans and rice and lived in some real shit holes.  Its our time to enjoy a nice hacienda.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version