Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Creamy oil in airbox
« Last post by Off @ 90 on Today at 01:57:48 AM »
The V7 Mk2 uses the top frame tube as a breather box and a lot of mayo can build up in it especially in cold  weather . I would disconnect the rocker cover tubes , the tube to the airbox and the drain back to the sump . Blow compressed air  through the open tubes and frame tube . Ensure the lines are disconnected to engine and sump as you do not want all the rusty mayo crap being blown back  into the engine.
To get mayo in the airbox means that you may have a blockage in the sump return drain line . This  has a non return valve in it make sure it's functioning correctly and the line is clear.
I installed an oil/air separator in the sump return line just above the starter. In winter I probably drain a table spoon of water out of it a week . Doing 40 km  commute air cooled engines just don't get warm enough to boil it off in winter conditions. Since fitting separator seems to have stopped the mayo build up .Hope this helps
General Discussion / Re: Creamy oil in airbox
« Last post by Error on Today at 01:17:50 AM »
Y'ep that's the milkshake.

Right? I was suprised at the amount.
General Discussion / Re: My "new" Cal III FF
« Last post by Dave Swanson on April 26, 2024, 10:10:31 PM »
Excellent!  It will be a great mile muncher!
General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by jrt on April 26, 2024, 09:54:18 PM »
I would think spare parts would be much more available and cheaper for the Cali.  Plus- that old big block motor is just SO MUCH FUN. 
General Discussion / Re: My "new" Cal III FF
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on April 26, 2024, 09:53:18 PM »
Finished up assembly this morning and took it for it's "maiden voyage" this afternoon. 67 very enjoyable miles. Running great! I was worried about the weight being an issue, but it feels lighter than my Convert once it's moving. Seat felt good for the nearly 2 1/2 hours I rode, as did the handlebar position. Engine is smooth and has plenty of power. Despite the sometimes gusty wind, it was very stable on US340 at 65 mph.

Only three issues to correct: 1) the clutch cable hangs up on the ignition switch, so needs to be rerouted, 2) I need to put a hose on the gas tank vent fitting, and 3) front forks are too firm, so I need to adjust the preload and damping.

Otherwise, it feels ready to head west to Oregon in June. Planning to ride again on Sunday. 🙂

General Discussion / Re: Front brake cable holder
« Last post by Air-Cooled on April 26, 2024, 08:18:27 PM »
Canuck750, thanks for the great photo.  Hopefully mine will look like this in a week or so when I have all the right parts.
« Last post by Huzo on April 26, 2024, 07:15:51 PM »
I’d do a fly/ride on the Cali.
All the reufull neck rubbing and sage advice from the sidelines is just mud in the water. Go and get the Cali and ride it home….Done !
« Last post by Mwether on April 26, 2024, 06:00:08 PM »
All I know is my Nevada is the easiest, smoothest bike I've ever had for pushing or loading in the truck. Paul

This will not be true of the Nevada in my garage...I have a 150cc Piaggio Liberty!  :grin:
« Last post by Mwether on April 26, 2024, 05:58:07 PM »
Agreed on overpriced.  When the seller gets to about $1200 it might be worth it as a beater. Might be.

Trust me at or near even 2K+ that bike is not leaving the sellers garage.

A beater?? Why so much hate for Nevadas? :laugh:
General Discussion / Re: Front brake cable holder
« Last post by Canuck750 on April 26, 2024, 05:54:40 PM »
This was how my 1973 V7 Sport was equipped, the cable guides were on the fenders when I bought the 'project', these loops with a rubber grommet are fastened to the fender / fender brackets with 6 mm nuts and bolts. Was it stock? I can't be certain but they were on the bike when I bought it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here