Author Topic: Langhorne PA TDY-WTD (Update)  (Read 7098 times)

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
Langhorne PA TDY-WTD (Update)
« on: May 21, 2015, 09:58:35 AM »
1 June 2015 I'm being assigned to our Langhorne terminal for two weeks of temporary duty. The weekend of 6-7 June I will have off for my 34 hour reset. What to do during the weekend? My transportation will be my Mack tractor so the usual tourist sites are out. So far I have a trip to Cigar International in Bethlehem PA in mind, but that won't fill a full weekend. I will be working 14 on, 10 off so the week days  are taken care of. I'm open to suggestions.

UPDATE:  Due to Lorraine's health scare of  Tuesday, ADM has pushed back my TDY to Langhorne a week or two. I will still be going out, but exact date TBD.  ADM is a huge heartless soulless conglomerate, well over all anyway.  But the local and corporate people I work with are top notch.   ;-T
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 03:39:01 PM by Stormtruck2 »
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Langhorne PA TDY-WTD
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 11:15:43 AM »
I'm only 30 miles away, just across a bridge.

But sadly I've got a funeral for a friend on the 6th and I think Jenn is busy at least part of the 7th.

If you were interested in a ride I might be able to swing it (and provide you a bike) Sunday afternoon.

Sunday MORNING is actually Ephrata's First Sunday bike meet, and if someone could get you a bike for that you might enjoy the ride out there and the meet. It's not huge, but usually has some neat classics.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Waltr

• Gaggle Mentor
    • Europa Macchina
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 08:26:53 PM »
Visit the Martin guitar factory in Bethlehem, great factory tour and museum.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
www.motoguzzipa.com

2012 Norge

Offline Waltr

• Gaggle Mentor
    • Europa Macchina
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 08:28:44 PM »
  Stop in and get a Gyro here:       http://www.yelp.com/biz/vassis-drive-in-hellertown
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
www.motoguzzipa.com

2012 Norge

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 08:28:44 PM »

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 07:26:12 AM »

;-T ;-T ;-T ;-T ;-T ;-T ;-T
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 07:40:53 AM »
I'm only 30 miles away, just across a bridge.

But sadly I've got a funeral for a friend on the 6th and I think Jenn is busy at least part of the 7th.

If you were interested in a ride I might be able to swing it (and provide you a bike) Sunday afternoon.

Sunday MORNING is actually Ephrata's First Sunday bike meet, and if someone could get you a bike for that you might enjoy the ride out there and the meet. It's not huge, but usually has some neat classics.

Funerals are never fun, at least its not your funeral.  I definitely wil be bringing my riding gear, so I would be up for a ride. You're not gonna put me on a Hardly Davidson are you?? ;) :D :bike  Hopefully we can at least get together for dinner or some other meet up.  I would love to ride out to the Ephrata meeting Sunday morning.

Great call.  Definitely going on my MUST do list.   ;-T
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 08:06:01 AM »
Funerals are never fun, at least its not your funeral.  I definitely wil be bringing my riding gear, so I would be up for a ride. You're not gonna put me on a Hardly Davidson are you?? ;) :D :bike  Hopefully we can at least get together for dinner or some other meet up.  I would love to ride out to the Ephrata meeting Sunday morning.

Ha ha...

Dusty PM'd me your phone number (and vouched for you  ~;), I'll give you a call so you have mine too.

I was going to actually take the Harley to the funeral* (in the 90s my bud and road thousands and thousands of miles together him on his oilhead and me on my Harleys...though I did have such a negative effect on him that he did wind up buying a Dyna Convertible too for a few years...but he never gave up his oilhead, not until the very end).

Anyway, if you promise to treat it well I'll put you on my baby - the V7. You could always pick it up on Saturday before I leave for the funeral and bring it back Sunday sometime after the Ephrata meet. That would give you a couple hundred miles of excuses to ride. The damn funeral is in Delaware so I'm leaving here around noon and probably won't be back till 8ish give or take... my SIL actually has to come over from PA to watch the kids since Jenn is working a 24 (8am Sat to 8am Sun).

So if that works for you, you can take the V7 unless you think it is a little small... at which point I can always take that to the funeral and you'd be stuck with the Harley lol.

I'd offer you the Duc, but I doubt it would be as comfortable, and it HAS been 4 years on the same timing belts, so I'm starting to think I should probably learn to replace them or hand it over to someone.

*Funeral - I'm calling it that for shorthand. My bud died earlier this year (after a long struggle with ALS). He didn't want any formal service, so this is just a "celebration of life party" that his partner is holding for him. Hopefully it will be more cheery than anything else. But I can't miss it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 08:09:56 AM by Kev m »
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline sdcr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 12:45:11 PM »
Guzzi related stops would be...Spare Parts, just off I 95 in Philly. Roland is the owner and ace mechanic, and may have a few Guzzis in the shop. Spare Parts at one time was the only Guzzi dealer in the Philly pa area. 

Also, an official Guzzi Dealer is Fast By Feracci in Willow Grove, just a few minutes off the Pa turnpike. Say hello to Eraldo if he's there. Both of these are withing a 45 minute drive from langhorne Pa.

John

83 LeMans III
John
2000 BMW R1100 RS
1983 BMW R100
2009 Jaguar XK

Offline drums4money

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 04:17:07 PM »

Factory's closed Sat & Sun. We'd love to show you around the shop on a weekday.  ;-T
hypocrite, four flusher, snake in the grass, just a swindler and wolf in sheep's clothing...liar

1200 Sport , Monster S2R, MV Agusta B3 800

Old School Audio:
http://oldschoolaudio.wix.com/headphones

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 04:44:21 PM »

Let me know if you go, as I'm planning on being there as well.   PM me your number, and we'll meet up.   I can show you some fun twisty roads after.

I'd be up for this too.   Let me know if you go, I'll meet you there (I'd be coming from the West).

You're not gonna put me on a Hardly Davidson are you?? ;) :D :bike 

:D :D :D

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 04:48:42 PM by jas67 »
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 08:11:28 AM »
KevM- With  that history THE only bike to ride to the celebration is the Harley. Sorry to hear about your friend. ALS is a horribl way to end your life.  One of the worse ways I can imagine.  Shame we can't ban ALS.  The V-7 will be great to ride.  I have about a total of 30 minutes saddle time on a Classic. A weekend on one sounds like a great opportunity.  I have never ridden a Duc.   Well, a newer one.  Did ride one in the mid 70's. I wouldn't mind a chance to spend some time on one.  But as fat as i am i'm afraid that if I got on a duc I'd quack the frame.  ::) ;) :D 

jas67- For right now I am planning on being there.  With Kev's generous offer I am looking forward  to the breakfast. A guided hooligan tour afterwards would be fun.  Thank you for the offer.  Check your PMs.  I want to tour the Martin factory, (Think I could score a free D45 sample?)  but it appears they will be closed.  If I get a chance during the week I will defiantly check them out.

Dusty- If the world can survive Lowryter and I together, twice, I think the world can handle KevM and I.  Maybe.  :D
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 09:02:40 AM »
KevM- With  that history THE only bike to ride to the celebration is the Harley. Sorry to hear about your friend. ALS is a horribl way to end your life.  One of the worse ways I can imagine.  Shame we can't ban ALS. 

ALS does suck big time.   I lost a friend to it last year, and another friend with it has days to maybe a week or two to live.   His disease has been particularly fast moving.   The first symptoms showed last July.   He was still walking in February.   Now, he is completely paralyzed, dependent on  full-mask bi-pap to breath, and as of earlier this week can no longer swallow.    So now, it is sedate and wait time.   I can't think of a more cruel way to die.   He several times said that he wished he had cancer instead, because, at least that, you can fight.

The V-7 will be great to ride.  I have about a total of 30 minutes saddle time on a Classic. A weekend on one sounds like a great opportunity.  I have never ridden a Duc.   Well, a newer one.  Did ride one in the mid 70's. I wouldn't mind a chance to spend some time on one.  But as fat as i am i'm afraid that if I got on a duc I'd quack the frame.  ::) ;) :D 

jas67- For right now I am planning on being there.  With Kev's generous offer I am looking forward  to the breakfast. A guided hooligan tour afterwards would be fun.  Thank you for the offer.  Check your PMs.  I want to tour the Martin factory, (Think I could score a free D45 sample?)  but it appears they will be closed.  If I get a chance during the week I will defiantly check them out.

A free D45 would be nice, but, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Dusty- If the world can survive Lowryter and I together, twice, I think the world can handle KevM and I.  Maybe.  :D

If the world survived Pete Roper and KevM together, the world can survive damned near anything.   ~; :BEER:
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 09:18:50 AM »
Keep me in mind for the Sunday ride.  Might be available for that.

Cam
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2015, 09:59:44 AM »
I think I'm hearing Matt politely decline the Harley for the Guzzi lol. Which is fine, I'm just saying that the Harley is bigger/more comfortable, and probably better if you're doing a LOT of miles. But the Guzzi won't sweat a couple of hundred miles over the weekend. Not sure how big you are, but worse case we'll just adjust the preload and dampening before you go (and I can send you with the allen key and rod adjuster).  ;-T

I checked with Jenn she's busy Sunday morning, which unfortunately for me means I'll miss the Ephrata thing, but if when you get back from it you want to ride around NJ a bit then we can plan something. No biggie, whatever Matt wants to do is fine with me. I will say that there are much better Motorcycling roads in PA that Jay can show him so no pressure if he wants to hang out there and just bring the bike back say by dinner time. We can always just do a dinner here.

Cam - based on what Matt wants to do, maybe you'd want to head out to Ehprata and ride out there with them and/or stay/come back this way and meet up for dinner. Again, whatever you guys want to do is fine here.

The rides in question:

I've got a windshield that pops on the Harley and the HB topcases (both 40L and 45L) will fit either the Harley or the Guzzi.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 01:48:42 PM »
The rides in question:

Offering up Jenn's bike?     :wife:
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 01:57:09 PM »
Offering up Jenn's bike?     :wife:

The problem? Not like she doesn't know...
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 08:32:06 PM »
He's a big boy.  The V7 might be tight.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2015, 08:35:09 PM »
He's a big boy.  The V7 might be tight.

Well, if he's a big boy he can decide for himself... But it's not like I'm tiny.  :D
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2015, 09:30:48 PM »
The Harley is unavailable for a honor mission.  I cannot ride it for it has a higher mission calling it.  The Duc?  Well Kev is concerned about the belts, hence so am I.  I'm not worried about the belts breaking and Kev getting mad, but Jen I am.  She's a Doctor!!  I learned in the service never piss off the cook, the pay clerk, or the Doc!!!   ;) ;D  I'm a big boy I admit.  According the the height/weight table I'm 7'10". But my CDL says I'm 5'10.  ::(  I'm not really worried about the V-7 fitting me.  Kev has graciously offered me the use of it for a weekend, not an IB Rally of 11,000 miles in 11 days. I'm looking  forward to enjoying the joys and gifts of the Guzzi small block. It can't be any smaller or tighter than the BMW S1000RR. I can imagine much worse things than spending a weekend in PA on a V-7. So Kev, I humbly accept your offer of the V-7, and I'm honored to have your trust to ride it.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2015, 08:22:45 AM »
 ;-T
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
Re: Langhorne PA TDY-WTD (Update)
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 03:40:21 PM »
Update posted above in post 1.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Langhorne PA TDY-WTD (Update)
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 04:48:16 PM »
Good talking with ya today. Keep us posted and we'll figure something out.

Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here