Author Topic: California Guzzi events?  (Read 2144 times)

stomatomoto

California Guzzi events?
« on: August 26, 2015, 10:02:25 PM »
Hello various Geese-folk,

I am wondering, literally aloud as I type this, about other Goose-based events in my state, which is California, if the title was confusing. Specifically, northern California, the best California (I will fight you). If there isn't one such event like I see posted in the other areas of the forum, what is the bare minimum criteria I would need to scrape together in order to draw you local folks reading this out for a gander? Is a space and beer and face painting all I need to draw a flock? Or do people expect professional event coordination and swag bags? Can you tell I'm the furthest thing from an event planner? Doesn't matter, willing to put in effort between other commitments, but also willing to say "maybe we just meet up at this other more generalized motorcycle-based event and start our own cool Italian kids clique". This is all caffeine, I don't drink, I swear.

oldbike54

Re: California Guzzi events?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 10:15:25 PM »
  Well Tomato , er , sorry Tomoto , out here in Oklahoma and Kansas , Delrod and I organize a couple of camp outs that are fairly well attended . The secret is food , and plenty of it . Are you wanting to do a one day or three day event ? Just pick a place , announce it , promote it relentlessly , they will come. Did I mention food ?lol

Dusty

Offline travelingbyguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • God hates a coward
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 10:33:30 PM »
If you have a big lawn and an outhouse, we will come. The Oregon and Washington groups are pretty active. Get up to one of our events and se how it is done. Having a good one near Salem OR in a coupe weeks.
73 Eldorado
80 Sp
85 Cal II
97 1100Sport
08 1200 Sport AKA:Sweet Leaf
I'm not really drowning; I can see the beach from here.

Online pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:40:35 PM »
This weekend, many of the norcal people will go over the mountains to Dayton NV for the Nevada Guzzi Rally.  Most go up Friday and return Sunday.

Later in October or November, Pierre Dacuna will have the campout at Doran Beach in Bodega Bay.  Browse to mgnoc.com and find Pierre in the staff directory.

The International Motorcycle Show has moved from San Mateo to Sacramento.

Suggest you browse to Yahoo Groups and search for the NorCal Guzzi people and enroll there to get more local info.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 10:41:36 PM by pehayes »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:40:35 PM »

Offline Guido Valvole

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 11:04:10 PM »
Sunday 10/11 from 9 or 10 am or so -- Alfa Club puts on Italian Car & Bike Day in Alameda. Cross the High St drawbridge and make a left at the light on the west end. Then go until you see red on the middle school field about a mile or so down the road. (Guzzi content:) free if your show up on or in something Italian for display. A whopping $5 otherwise. One of the great low-budget events in the are with the BSAOCNC Clubman's Show lat Saturday of March, ditto cheap and fun.
PM for more info.
cr
V50 II
V50 Monza
Le Mans 1000 (IV)
Martinez, CA

Offline Demar

• Hooper drives the boat Chief.
  • Gaggle Hero
  • There's someone in my head but it's not me.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 12:21:17 AM »
You just missed this one....... http://www.nata-rally.org/

Unfortunately I couldn't attend this year. Mark your calendar for next year. Pierre and crew put on a fantastic event.
I'd much rather ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

2012 MG Stelvio NTX
2010 Bonneville T100
1953 Galletto 175

stomatomoto

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 02:29:43 AM »
Sweet, will be looking into all that, with the caveat that I don't use Yahoo anything unfortunately; dare I unearth some ancient login for the purposes of following up on those leads? Hmmm...  :boozing:

canuguzzi

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 11:39:53 AM »
Since retiring I ride weekdays to avoid the weekend crazies around here. I get over to Glenn Ellen, sometimes over the hill to Napa but mostly west of 101. I stay north of SF mostly because getting south of there wears me out and you're one honda civic away from disaster.

Always up for breakfast rides though.

PBR23n

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 11:15:24 AM »
I'm in LA but can easily be convinced to jump on a bike and ride north.  The promise of food might get me there quickly but a patch of dirt to sleep on is all I need promised.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here