Author Topic: Falcone Nuovo valuation  (Read 7752 times)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Falcone Nuovo valuation
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2018, 11:06:13 AM »
For perspective, this 1962 Falcone sold at MECUM in Vegas in Jan. for $16,500....and I thought that was a reasonable price given the condition... :thumb:  It was a nice example...

For a long time, the prices of NFs have been about 40% of the prices of Original Falcones ... maybe that's changing now ... ?

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2018, 11:33:36 AM »
I could have bought a pretty nice NF from Mark at MGC 3 or 4 years ago for $3500, but he talked me out of it.  :smiley:
Probably should have gone ahead and bought it.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline pressureangle

• Gaggle Mentor
  • '97 1100 Sport i, '89 Mille GT
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2018, 04:10:31 PM »
I love these things.

I have a '74 Aermacchi (H-D) Sprint 350. I love it- as a 500 I probably wouldn't ride anything else locally.

I'd take a military bike and and cafe it out.
Something wistful and amusing, yet poignant.

Offline stmike

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2018, 05:17:03 PM »
I just posted this in the classifieds, as it was delivered to me today.  It's really quite a beautiful bike.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2018, 05:17:03 PM »

Offline pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2018, 02:18:03 PM »
Its BAAACCKK!  This is now on EBAY.  Has been repeatedly posted on San Francisco Craigslist.  Just north of the Golden Gate Bridge.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Moto-Guzzi-Nouvo-Falcone/273088251987?hash=item3f95540853:g:JDUAAOSwCKxaldPQ&vxp=mtr

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline stmike

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2018, 04:37:36 PM »
The Military ones sure have a different look than do the civilian models.  I'm not sure which I like more; however, if he gets his price, then apparently Ebay's the venue for these  :wink: and I'll have to move the red one over there.  Several years ago I sold my Laverda RGS 1000 on the bay, and it really did surprisingly well!

Offline pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2018, 12:17:18 AM »
Back again.  Now on EBAY.  Now at $10K obo.  Getting reasonable.  Only caution is that EBAY has a habit of crooks stealing photos and posting for imaginary sales.  All the data on this one seems OK.  The bike is about an hour away so I could assist if someone wants to strike a deal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Moto-Guzzi-Nouvo-Falcone/273104229278?hash=item3f9647d39e:g:JDUAAOSwCKxaldPQ&vxp=mtr

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline Tiny Tim

• New Egg
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2021, 07:28:11 PM »

free coin toss app

Here is a couple pictures of mine. I had a nice ride today on it.

Offline Tiny Tim

• New Egg
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2021, 07:46:43 PM »
Those are some older pictures when I purchased it in Upstate NY. These are from this last winter when I was going over it.

Offline JayDee24ca

• Gosling
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2021, 08:26:33 PM »
Nick sold me his Nuovo Falcone two years ago. After putting a fair bit of cash into it, I decided it is not my style. I'll stick with Tonti Twins. I put it up for sale last week here in BC. 
I stripped it down and did a cosmetic upgrade, and a few other things as it was in rough shape as bought from Nick.  I have been unable to fix the balky shifting as described by Nick in his blogs. It likely needs to be opened up and shimmed. Here is the posting: 
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruisers-choppers/penticton/1974-moto-guzzi-nuovo-falcone-militaire/1558971181
If you know of anyone interested in a nice project, give me a call. I had for sale last fall too, and had a couple of guys from the US interested, but the current border closure makes it problematic. Price is 6200 USD
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 08:43:41 PM by JayDee24ca »
'74 Nuovo Falcone
'79 Convert
79 G5
the rest are all gone.....

Offline Tiny Tim

• New Egg
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2021, 07:17:34 PM »
Yes the Nuovo takes a certain amount of affection and love for the odd old Moto Guzzi's . I truly enjoy riding mine on these back roads of WV. It feels made for these old mountain roads. I don't use the sidecar often. When I purchased mine it had had a complete top to bottom rebuild of engine, frame, electrics well everything. It had been sitting for years after the rebuild and needed a good once over. I added electronic ignition, and tossed the old chrome rims and replaced the rims with Borranie rims. I was very lucky to find it in my mind . It had been imported with the sidecar attached. I got it for a very good price. I don't think the gear box on my R50/5 was much better than the Nuovo's. Its clumsy sometimes but I don't mind at all. I'm going for a ride tomorrow on it. I'm usually gone most the day. I save it for nicer days. I have other bikes I can ride in bad weather.
I love Nicks video's of the Nuovo and all his bikes. He does ride them for sure. Yes the issue with the imports to the states is difficult I understand. I have seen bikes I would like in Canada but never wanted to go through with the process of importing one.
I will pass your listing around but as you say its going to take the right person for it Nuovo.       

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here