Author Topic: Most Memorable Motorcycle Experience.  (Read 2871 times)

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Most Memorable Motorcycle Experience.
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2023, 03:51:45 PM »
^^^^ Oh, yeah, Moto.. that's a memorable trip.. :bow: :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline mhershon

• Gosling
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2023, 02:37:24 PM »
I rode a couple of laps as Jason Pridmore's passenger on a K100RS at one of his father's CLASS track classes. I think it was at Laguna Seca. I had never experienced speed in that way: the seamless transition from the really hard deceleration on the way into the corner to really hard acceleration out of the corner and down the straight, the cornering angle (I was scraping the edge of my boot on the PASSENGER peg). I was unprepared for and frightened by how fast we went - even if there was no hint of lack of control. I soaked my undershirt in those two laps. At that point I'd been riding for maybe 35 years and had done all kinds of riding on and off-road. I realized sitting there behind young Pridmore that I had no idea how fast even a sport-touring style motorcycle could be ridden.

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2023, 04:21:51 PM »
I rode a couple of laps as Jason Pridmore's passenger on a K100RS at one of his father's CLASS track classes. I think it was at Laguna Seca. I had never experienced speed in that way: the seamless transition from the really hard deceleration on the way into the corner to really hard acceleration out of the corner and down the straight, the cornering angle (I was scraping the edge of my boot on the PASSENGER peg). I was unprepared for and frightened by how fast we went - even if there was no hint of lack of control. I soaked my undershirt in those two laps. At that point I'd been riding for maybe 35 years and had done all kinds of riding on and off-road. I realized sitting there behind young Pridmore that I had no idea how fast even a sport-touring style motorcycle could be ridden.

nothing scarier than riding on the back of a motorcycle IMO.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline cmgies

• Hatchling
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2023, 04:49:53 PM »
Bucket list ride in 2008. 2007 Norge and 12,000 miles from Oregon to Vermont and down to the BRP and back through Texas, New Mexico and Colorado. Many memorable things along the way but the thing that lingers is the pace of the ride and getting out there nearly every day. Also visited with some wonderful old friends and some very hospitable new ones.
Michael Gies
'73 R75/5 (sold it)
'07 Norge (sold it)
'13 V7 Special

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2023, 04:49:53 PM »

Online cliffrod

• Gaggle Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2023, 08:23:17 PM »
There are so many good ones, but this one is legal and pc enough to post although it’s about community vs an actual ride.

In Paint Rock TN, my good friend &neighbor named Reed had a few annual bike events at his isolated property that he specifically built as a venue for bike events.  The biggest one was his annual Laurel Bluff Bash.  My then-girlfriend-now-wife Beth went to the last two I attended before I moved to VT to cut stone in 2000.  Reed & I were close and he really liked Beth  so we were trusted me/us to work the bar. It was a closed gate event & we sold red cups, not beer because you can’t do that  without a permit….   So she got to meet everyone, including this giant Cherokee biker/elder called Injun Joe.  He was one of us, except he was a full blooded Cherokee who deliberately looked the part- long grey braids, headband, beads, some buckskin, etc.  Typical good biker times out in the middle of nowhere, even if I was always the only Guzzi in sight.  Lots of great friends that you could always count on.

Fast forward a few weeks.  I’m 1000 miles away in VT, carving granite. She’s guiding a whitewater rafting trip at/from the Natahalia Outdoor Center over in NC.  She parked her van & trailer full of rafting gear legal on the edge of the parking lot, next to a steep grade, and went to work out the details to enter the water.  When she came out, someone had parked their spiffy SUV illegal and jammed her in.  She was pissed, couldn’t get out, couldn’t find the owner, was going to miss her put-in schedule with a van full of paid people waiting, etc….  What to do?

While she’s cussing and stomping around her rig, this voice behind her says “Beth?”  She turns around and it’s Injun Joe, with two even bigger younger Cherokees behind him coming up the hill out of the woods.  So she explains the situation.  He very seriously says, “You want us to move the SUV?” and motions that they’ll push it over the edge & down the hill….  She told him that would help but probably wouldn’t be the best thing for the them to do.  Injun Joe grinned and said “what are they going to do to us? We’re Cherokees…..”. as the two young guys started to size up the SUV.  About then, the SUV owner showed up.  Then  Injun Joe and his two braves gave the SUV owner the total death stare treatment until she timidly & promptly moved her rig and was out of sight. Then they all had a good laugh and moved on.  She said Injun Joe and his guys just walked off and disappeared into the woods like they had never been there.

We talk about the adventures and people from our motorcycle stuff a lot, but Injun Joe holds a special place in our world.  He was ready to rescue her for me when I couldn’t. This is easily her most memorable motorcycle-related experience and is very high on my list. “You want us to move the SUV?” has been a regular catch phrase ever since for us, for over 20 yrs.  Sometimes bikes are about more than just two wheels and being in the wind.
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1981 Lemans CX100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExX3YmQel_Q
http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio YuoTube Channel-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifz

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2023, 09:00:37 PM »
My most memorable experience happened on my way back from Vermont to Cali on my HD. I had just pulled into a campground in Erie, PA, after a bruising ride across NY, and was setting up my tent when a man walked up to me, handed me a beer, and invited to join his family for dinner.
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

Offline MMRanch

• MMRanch
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Evil wins if Good Men do Nothing
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2023, 10:01:14 PM »
Wow Kent ,

That story brought me the biggest smile yet , the "You want us to move the SUV" is really good too !  I feel the same way about a lot of the biker fellers I've meet over the years .    It's great to have friends all over the country  ...  I wish I had more !  :smiley:
................... ........

This one is totally true and surprised  me as it unfolded so much so that I'll never forget it.

After an all night rain here in the middle TN rolling hills , me and my girl got up to a sunny Saturday morning and decided to run to town for breakfast.    I was living about 10 miles north of Manchester right off hwy 53 at the time , the weather was up to 75f by 8:30am so  off we went on my Yamaha SX650 Twin. to Cracker Barrel.   
Well less than 2 miles later we came up on a line of traffic stopped in the road with no traffic in the on-coming lane.   
So
Into the left lane we went to see what the hold-up was ?   There must have been at least 30 cars lined up there.
Come to find out ... there was a very very slow flow of water crossing the road with just as many cars on the other side 100 yards away.
Well , I had been living at the same place for over two years and driving that same road to town - four time a day for two years and knew about how deep the water was.
So
I just rolled on into the water like it wasn't nothing to it ... thinking its about a foot deep  :thumb:
As it turned out the water kept getting deeper and deeper ... and ...
About time the water was getting 2/3 up the front wheel I got to thinking "Wet-Spark-Plugs" O-No ,  What to do ...
So I was no stranger to doing wheelies on that bike , So in came the clutch , bark went the motor , and up came the front end.
After getting the front wheel above the water   something Magical   happened ,   the water hitting the bottom of the crank-case was holding the bike up !   
I couldn't hardly believe it ... I wasn't going to stall in the middle with 50 yards of water on either side !  !!!   :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
It wasn't long after getting that " Magical Lift " that the water started getting shallower again and the front wheel kind of eased down as the water quit holding it up ... and we were on the other side going about our marry way to get breakfast !   :thumb: :thumb:

After breakfast I took a different way home , but a couple of days later ... It occurred to me ... "Why didn't I go back to see if those cars were still lined up waiting for the water to  go down ?"

After all these years I still wonder ?       I guess I'll never know  ... but  I still wish I could do it all over again !  :smiley:

« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 10:35:37 PM by MMRanch »
2016 V7-II Stone
2022 Royal Enfield Meteor Stellar Blue

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2023, 10:15:03 PM »
Cool…! :bow: :thumb:

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2023, 04:54:28 AM »
Well back when I first started riding, I got together with a friend, and another friend of his, and decided to head up into the hills, It was one of those nice late fall days. In the 50's and sunny. Well as we head up it gets dark, and the temps start falling like rocks. I remember every time we stopped, id put my hands on the engine so I could feel them again. So we get to the restraunt that we were planning to stop at, and we all look at each other and say that we were waiting for the others to stop and turn around. We all wanted to turn back... but didnt want to be the one to do it. It was a great time, and one that always came up when we saw each other. Sadly we lost my buddy a few years ago to a heart attack. Gone WAY too young at 54. Not a long ride, but one that has stuck to me to this day.
Paul B

Online pressureangle

• Gaggle Mentor
  • '97 1100 Sport i, '89 Mille GT
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2023, 06:37:17 AM »
So many contenders for 'most memorable'.
The one that comes to mind at the moment is 1982, left Detroit for Daytona on February 27th on a '72 Norton Commando (see where this is going?) South on I-75, about 35 degrees. By Toledo it started to rain, and I was wearing an ancient snowmobile suit, not waterproof. It soaked through immediately and when I took it off that night I'd been Smurfed from collar to ankle by the blue dye in the suit. The moment from that trip that I remember the most clearly, was sliding into Cincinnati in the rain, still raining and 45 degrees, hammering about 70mph drifting both tires and not giving a rat's patootie if I crashed because a hospital was preferable to continuing the misery. The Norton made it to Macon, GA before tossing a piece of Reynold's best out the back of the engine case. I finished the trip down and back on the back of my buddie's '75 BMW R75.
Something wistful and amusing, yet poignant.

Offline guzziart

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2023, 04:29:13 PM »
Two of my most memorable motorcycle experiences are:
- In late October 2003, I hopped on the Wing and left Tampa, Fla at 6am, proceeded to head north on !-77 towards home in Cleveland, Ohio, nineteen hours later I was home....crazy, what was I thinking.
- 2007 Minnesota Rally, Money Creek Campground had a once in a hunerd year flood...what an adventure, hope I never get caught in a situation like that again.  It was very memorable, mankind has not lost its humanity.

The rest of my mc experiences were fun/pleasant/enjoyabble/great and not to memorable even the wreck I had was not that memorable.

Art
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 04:32:36 PM by guzziart »
'71 CB350, '72 Eldo, '72 CL350, '81 CB125s, '87 LMIVSE, '91 CT70, '03 V11 Lemans, '08 Wing  ('12 Wee Strom - R.I.P.)

Offline Scott of the Sahara

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2023, 07:07:12 PM »
It was fall 2008, I was visiting my good friend in France. I was deciding to get back into riding having taken a break for 24 years. My friend had (still has) a Ducati 900 and he also had a BMW K 75. I rode the K 75 and we went along the French countryside into Germany and along some nice backroads. I felt comfortable on the K 75 with the riding position and the power band.
so.... 2011 I went back to France and we did another ride. The Ducati was down so he rented a Honda Hornet 600. I rode the K 75 again and we went for a longer ride. France and Germany. I remember being cautious going around a corner and getting passed by a German BMW riding 2 up. Wow. We also took the Neighbors Porsche and drove it on the autobahn.

Offline arbezc

• New Egg
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2023, 08:17:40 PM »
Interesting thread, other than crashing on the freeway mine would be..
Riding from Vancouver to Panama in 1970, 19 years old with my first love. The Pan-American Highway still wasn't paved in places & very few fences, riding was dangerous. Most folks were very friendly but we were harassed a few times by locals & the police. This was before the cartels but insurrections were starting. The mountain villages in Guatemala & Costa Rica were magical. Unfortunately you can't go back in time.

Offline Guzzidad

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2023, 09:22:09 PM »
   So many after nearly 50 years of riding. And so many involve weather. One of my favorites was a ride with my son in 98(?) to the Slimey Crud Run in Wisconsin sponsored by Peter Egan and about a thousand of his friends. This was in October and we left home when it was 42 degrees hoping for warmer temperatures as the day wore on. Me on my 1100 Sport and he on his Honda Super Hawk. As luck would have it the temperatures dropped all day and we had to ride 150 miles home at 32 degrees and snowing hard. Wet and cold and 2" of snow on the ground. Miserable conditions but that experience with father and son will be passed down for generations.

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2023, 03:16:16 AM »
   So many after nearly 50 years of riding. And so many involve weather. One of my favorites was a ride with my son in 98(?) to the Slimey Crud Run in Wisconsin sponsored by Peter Egan and about a thousand of his friends. This was in October and we left home when it was 42 degrees hoping for warmer temperatures as the day wore on. Me on my 1100 Sport and he on his Honda Super Hawk. As luck would have it the temperatures dropped all day and we had to ride 150 miles home at 32 degrees and snowing hard. Wet and cold and 2" of snow on the ground. Miserable conditions but that experience with father and son will be passed down for generations.

Its always the nasty days you remember. You never remember the nice, sunny, peaceful days where everything is good.. 
Paul B

Offline guzzimatic

• Gosling
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2023, 11:17:04 AM »
Back in 1978 I was working at Lasalle county Nuclear,a twin reactor just outside of Streator,Illinois as a boilermaker,crazy huge construction! We were working on the reactor shielding,3ft thick and V cut to about 5 ft,all welded with 1/8in lo-hi rod,an almost endless job…I heard they were going to start loading fuel rods in September,a no go for me so I quit that job,sold my truck and October 17th headed for Tahoe to visit a friend who moved there after college! I rode 500 miles east to say goodby to an old girlfriend in Lexington, Kentucky then pointed my 850 Norton west! I ran into a cold front at the Arkansas border and only had a cheap poncho to turn the rain…I met a guy on a 750 Triumph coming from New Jersey and we rode together clear to California,splitting room costs and struggling to get thru the storms! We finally hit warmth after getting thru the White Mountains headed for Tucson,Arizona where an old college friend lived.We warmed up, partied down and after a week my friend at Tahoe called and said thy had a foot of snow and the passes would be closing soon so we rode  to California,I took 395 north and my riding partner headed fo LA! There was a good foot of snow on Monitor Pass,only a couple of hundred yards but a spectacular view down the spine of the Sierra’s!!! I got to my friend’s house and the next day in a snow storm we rode the Nortons to his dad’s house to put them in storage till Spring! I stayed for 5 years…changed my life forever!!!
big Jim Walker bikes:'08 Norge,02'DR650,'84LeMans III,,'78 honda cb750k,'78 BMW R100S,'77 Ducati 860GT ES,'77honda XR75, '76 GUZZI convert,'75 850T cafe[project],'75 RD350 yamaha,'74 NORTON commando,'72 750 Norton flattrack replica,'72 250 Rickman-Montesa,'72 XL250 Honda Mosport[first bike

Online Alfetta

• Gosling
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2023, 03:04:05 PM »
Riding up Dairy Queen hill @ Chadwick on my FANTIC 300 for the 1st time with my feet on the pegs!
https://www.google.com/search?q=chadwick+motorcycle+and+atv+use+area+dairy+queen&oq=chadwick+motorcycle+and+atv+use+area+dairy+queen&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160l2j33i299.1850

If I could get my all my Chadwick tag dollars back, perhaps I could retire !, but I probably would have just spent it on more Hillbilly Grand Prix entry fees...   First time up Dairy Queen hill was on a Yamaha DT-250...
Nothing much better than a Tannat from the Salta region.

Online Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2023, 03:21:27 PM »
Deb and I married in January 78 and rode to Alaska on a Kaw900 and r60 bmw,on the road 2 months spent around $2000 for everything,including ferries.Bought a t3 and we rode to WV ,she on the bmw.Rained all the way from Chicago and all weekend,saw Tom T Hall play in Weirton.Beautiful weather all the way home.I would rate all of the Guzzi Rally trips as memorable in a good way.took a couple with my sons before they got settled into modern life.

Offline Jorg66

• Gosling
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2023, 10:51:48 AM »
Memorable, well ,... Winter of 84 ,-18 C riding the old Kreidler 50 cc to College. Soooo stupid !
Summer of 86, a friend of min on his XT 500 and Me on a Kawa Z550 going up to the East Coast , Red Porsche 911 showed ,.... and the Race was on . :rolleyes:
Spring of 87, ... late for College, passed an old Daimler and caught my right Foot on one of the Poles next to the pavement and broke my foot . All this was back in Germany
As of recent ,Our Trip in 2020 [ two up ] on our 1400 Touring from here in western MB to the Eastcoast ,.. Cabot Trail and back .
Now 2019 California ,,2018 [ New] V7 III Carbon Dark
Ex  1979 Kreidler Florett, 1980 Z 550 , 1969Nuovo Falcone/ Polizzia,2006 VTX 1300 C ,1982 Honda CB 125 S

Offline ScepticalScotty

• Gaggle Hero
  • Banjo pickin' bagpipe playin' fool
    • South East Massive
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2023, 12:17:42 PM »
So many great ones; going over St Gothard Pass, the dodgy bratwurst on the Stelvio, Bulls hill quarry in the 70s / Jillaby and Hungry Creek...The TT riding off the ferry in Douglas and thinking "Man this is THE place!", but I would have to say riding to Omeo from Moruya on my first ever solo tour in 1996. The ride was pretty decent, the traffic was light, and when I got to the pub and found they had a room a massive feeling of both contentment and achievement hit me. Went up to my room and had a hot shower, got into my non riding duds and went back downstairs for a pub meal. Then just chatted to locals and the barmaid until closing time (quiet night). It was the serenity man. The serenity.  :grin: More serenity than ya get at Bonnie Doon!
Scotty

My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
Thomas Paine

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2023, 12:49:52 PM »
Oh my, with over 55 years of riding there are hundreds!
So I guess my first ride would be the best one for this thread.
It was a cold winter night and I was spending the night with a neighbor Pal. I was 13 and he was 15 and had just gotten his first motorcycle.
It was an ALLSTATE 250, probably an early 60s model.
It was right before Christmas and his early gift.
It was very cold that night and there was a full moon.
There was a 2 mile long dirt road beside the family owned and ran Shell Station and he was about to get off as it was close to 9:00 PM when I Mom dropped me off.
We crawled on that YELLOW Allstate and took off down that dirt road.
It was my first time on a motorcycle and I’ll never forget the feeling like I was actually flying through the air.
I about froze to death but what a wonderful experience that laid the foundation for the next 55 years of riding.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 12:59:45 PM by Ncdan »

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2023, 12:31:29 AM »
The most intense was the summer spent racing a TA125 at Loudon and Bridgehampton. It was a couple of years after the reed valves came in and I was able to buy the Yamaha cheap. I couldn't pass the reed valves but I could corner with them and beat all the non-reed valves. Ran just four races and finished fourth or fifth in all of them and learned a ton.
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Offline mauriceetjeannine

• New Egg
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2023, 02:08:45 AM »
Hello,

the first one is:
When I was a kid (1970/71), a guy who used to hang around one of my sisters had a Honda CB 750. When I wanted to climb on it, I burned the inside of my thigh on the exhaust.

Otherwise:
My solo trip on my first bike (BMW R65) from France to Finland and return.

Regards,

Online larrys

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2023, 09:41:22 AM »
At age 16 I worked at the local supermarket. The produce guy gave me a ride home one day on the back of his Honda 305 Scrambler. I was hooked! Had a minibike before but it was my first ride on a real motorcycle.
Larry
'13 Monster 1100 EVO
'95 Cal 1100
'68 Bonneville

MGNOC 7248

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2023, 10:16:27 AM »
this is a much better memory of a "most memorable"

John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2023, 11:10:40 AM »
Every time I come over the crest on the descent into Dover and see the English Channel.
The feeling just never gets old.
Riding onto ferries.

The biggest one was probably Creswick/Australia to Nordkapp and all that went with it.

But the Honda CT 110 Australia lap was equally as “different”.

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2023, 08:41:44 PM »
When I met Gail ten years ago I asked if she skied. She said "Not any more." I asked, "Do you like motorcycles?" She said "I love motorcycles!"

I took her over Trail Ridge Road on the 850T. She helped reassemble the headstock bearings on the Triumph. We got engaged at the Cripple Creek NAR.

70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Offline Canuck750

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2023, 09:19:21 PM »
Like all of the posts so far, so many memories, I have been riding for 45 years but a fairly recent experience I think has been the best; 2019 two up riding from Amsterdam to Istanbul with my wife two up. No real plan or reservations other than to get to Istanbul, it was two months of a fantastic experience.

You have not seen traffic and crazy fast drivers until you have ridden through Istanbul and I have ridden in a lot of big cities like L.A., Houston, Phoenix, Paris, Berlin to name a few.
48 Guzzi Airone, 57 Guzzi Cardellino, 65 Benelli 200 sprite, 66 Aermacchi Sprint, 68 Gilera 106 SS, 72 Eldorado, 72 Benelli 180, 74 Guzzi 750S, 73 Laverda SF1, 74  Benelli 650S, 75 Ducati 860GT, 75 Moto Morini 3-1/2, 78 Moto Morinii 500

Online scra99tch

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2023, 02:00:40 PM »
     Flying into Munich and missing my connecting flight (gate 5 km away and low staff at customs), sleeping for 4 hours on the floor and jumping onto the next flight into Geneva.  Missing the rental shop by about 45 mins.  Staying the night in a crappy truckers motel waking up as early as possible and waiting at the gate to Moto-Plasir.  Finally get the paperwork signed and jumped on an V85TT.  Once I got orientated with the GPS and traffic signs headed East following Lake Geneva on the South Shore.  Taking in some some of the French/Swiss Architecture, stones houses that look 100 years old or more. Once I get past all this and into the country side the sun really opened up well into the mountains. I took the long way to my destination stopping along the way admiring the back yard ski lifts and slopes wondering how I could ever afford to keep a place here and back in NH. 
    Finally get to my destination at a 17th century house AirBnB right at the base of Niesen, the pyramid of Switzerland.  Unpack the bike and lock her up good and tight like the rental place told me too, although being parked right next a cow patch and a big fan of Gary Larson, most definitely a smart idea.  I meet the old inn keeper and shown my room.  I proceed to collapse from the Jet lag, early morning and over stimulation my ADHD brain quickly fell asleep to the sound of the cow bells. 
  I wander down to the larger town of Spiez walking down some incredible hills knowing full well I either have to figure out the bus situation or walk back up the terrain.  I am here to do some hiking so figured might a well loosen up for the next week and start to blister my feet now.  Had dinner and a couple glasses of wine while a concert was going on in the background.  Wishing my kid and wife were here but not all that upset by it, this was my vacation at this point (they had bailed out cause of the co-vid). 

I eventually make my way back up the hills and a short burst of rain came through and put up a decent sized rainbow over the lake.  This was going to be an awesome trip as long as I kept the wheels on the ground.  Eventually made it down to Mandello later that week.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 02:12:06 PM by scra99tch »
1974 Eldorado
2007 California Vintage

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2023, 01:35:45 PM »
I rode a couple of laps as Jason Pridmore's passenger on a K100RS at one of his father's CLASS track classes. I think it was at Laguna Seca. I had never experienced speed in that way:
Imagine doing that on a Suzuki GSXR 1000! Which he used in his own STAR schools.  I rode two laps on the back with Jason at Barber Motorsports Park, and believe me, a GSXR ain't got much of a back seat!  When he'd brake, I'd worry about pushing him forward, when he'd accelerate, I worried about falling off the back!  I remember mouth breathing (gasping) the whole time, saying to myself, "Close your mouth! Close your mouth!"  Don't think I did until we stopped.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here