Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: White LeMans
« Last post by blackcat on Today at 05:44:45 PM »
Brian, Ive seen those black crash bars but I believe there was some note that they may have minor scratches from shipping so Im just going to stick with the chrome bars. I would prefer them in black and I have some parts that need to be powder coated so I may bring the vendor the bars and see if they can make them black. I assume theyd have to strip the chrome.

2wheels, yes Im also 68 so I know what you are saying. Please posts some pics of the Norton on the build site here, I know there are a few Norton peo-le on this list who would like to see the bike. My 68 to your MK3 is like night a day in terms of a quality bike for everyday riding. My bike is certainly more dependable then when I purchased it 30+ years ago but I still keep it within walking distance of the house.

SP, yeah it is a pretty bike but like 2Wheels bike, the factory deserves all the credit. Thanks for the comment.
General Discussion / Re: Convert clutch hub question
« Last post by Don G on Today at 05:41:54 PM »
Yeah, knock some of the rough edges off, I personally do not use the clutch as if you do it will eventually shite the bed, shut off the engine to shift ranges or to park. I have like some, removed the lever and cable and only use high range as I don't require low range in my riding.  If your worried about cutting the forward drive in an emergency situation, make sure your ignition cut out button is working and use that.  DonG
General Discussion / Re: Valve stems
« Last post by Don G on Today at 05:30:32 PM »
Old school Buicks used the weirdo .625 dia. stems, try to find a set of those when you need them.... :sad: DonG
General Discussion / Re: Pods or Stock Box???
« Last post by Don G on Today at 05:15:48 PM »
You should really stick with the genius designed factory air filter system, that way you could appreciate how well designed that system really is. Like some things on Guzzi's, the original design was overridden by the accounting department or time constraints and piss poor designs are the result.
Like the T-shirt says:
Designed and built in Italy
Perfected in my Garage.        DonG
« Last post by spmoto on Today at 05:02:29 PM »
Black Cat.
I'm proposing a requirement that you include a picture of your ice blue Le Mans every time you post on the forum from now on. I never get tired of seeing it!
General Discussion / Re: Most Memorable Motorcycle Experience.
« Last post by cmgies on Today at 04:49:53 PM »
Bucket list ride in 2008. 2007 Norge and 12,000 miles from Oregon to Vermont and down to the BRP and back through Texas, New Mexico and Colorado. Many memorable things along the way but the thing that lingers is the pace of the ride and getting out there nearly every day. Also visited with some wonderful old friends and some very hospitable new ones.
« Last post by LowRyter on Today at 04:21:51 PM »
I rode a couple of laps as Jason Pridmore's passenger on a K100RS at one of his father's CLASS track classes. I think it was at Laguna Seca. I had never experienced speed in that way: the seamless transition from the really hard deceleration on the way into the corner to really hard acceleration out of the corner and down the straight, the cornering angle (I was scraping the edge of my boot on the PASSENGER peg). I was unprepared for and frightened by how fast we went - even if there was no hint of lack of control. I soaked my undershirt in those two laps. At that point I'd been riding for maybe 35 years and had done all kinds of riding on and off-road. I realized sitting there behind young Pridmore that I had no idea how fast even a sport-touring style motorcycle could be ridden.

nothing scarier than riding on the back of a motorcycle IMO.
« Last post by 2WheelsUp on Today at 03:14:36 PM »
Ugh crashing on an older bike with parts being very hard to find.
My story took place around 1980 so parts could be sourced from the factory. That said, I sometimes am wary getting on my restored LM1. At 68 I sometimes do senior things, but I want to ride it while I can, did 1900 miles last year since the resto. I like the idea of crash bars, will look into them, haha.

BTW, I've started on a Norton MK3 restoration, about halfway through, will post pictures at some point. As fate would have it, no sooner did I buy it when I nice '72 FB came up for sale. Oh well, MK3s have some advantages.
« Last post by mhershon on Today at 02:37:24 PM »
I rode a couple of laps as Jason Pridmore's passenger on a K100RS at one of his father's CLASS track classes. I think it was at Laguna Seca. I had never experienced speed in that way: the seamless transition from the really hard deceleration on the way into the corner to really hard acceleration out of the corner and down the straight, the cornering angle (I was scraping the edge of my boot on the PASSENGER peg). I was unprepared for and frightened by how fast we went - even if there was no hint of lack of control. I soaked my undershirt in those two laps. At that point I'd been riding for maybe 35 years and had done all kinds of riding on and off-road. I realized sitting there behind young Pridmore that I had no idea how fast even a sport-touring style motorcycle could be ridden.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here