Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: V85TT urgent service after tire change?
« Last post by guzzisteve on Today at 04:05:40 PM »
There is a dealer in that area that gave up Guzzi in IL, maybe they can still use their PADS
General Discussion / ++++++ Maintenance and 4PM CST, 6-22-24 +++++
« Last post by Luap McKeever on Today at 03:19:02 PM »
I'll be doing some maintenance on the board today at 4PM CST, 6-22-24. The board will be inaccessible.

We'll be converting some things in the database that'll resolve the character issue and increase the search index.

There is no ETA.

Thanks,
Luap
General Discussion / Re: V7 Dipstick Safety
« Last post by Kev m on Today at 03:01:09 PM »
I THINK the point is even when tightened, it can come loose.  In my mind this should be added to the pre ride check. Whats that dumb Acronym they teach in MSF? TCLOCKS?

Using some military lingo, PCC/PCI - Pre Combat Check/Inspection. Just part of what you do before each ride. If it comes loose during a ride, then CHECK it at every fuel stop...

I'll let you know if that happens to me in the second decade of riding one...
General Discussion / 2023 leftover V85TT base models(blue & black)
« Last post by dave1068 on Today at 02:58:01 PM »
If anyone here is looking for a good price on leftover 23 V85tts (10k) in black and also blue with red frame(its the adv model minus bags) the local dealer in RI has a few of each. Leave it to MG to run sales on select colors

Curious if the new Stelvio will be reduced next year if the 24's aren't good sellers. time will tell

« Last post by Vagrant on Today at 02:44:24 PM »
As I recall, that's what I got when the horn fuse blew.
General Discussion / Re: Northeast Demo Tour...
« Last post by guzziart on Today at 02:31:15 PM »
I guess you're just playing with us Art.  Surely you know you can put this in your search engine, Moto Guzzi v100 with bags, and you will get LOTS of pics of such, then click images at the top and you will be swamped with said.

Nah, not messing with youse.  I'm somewhat interested in seeing/knowing what Guzzi is offering in the way of storage for the Stelvio, not what the aftermarket has to offer.   Guzzi "accessories" tab includes side-open panniers (29/30L), side bags (no pic/description), 2 different top boxes (no pic/description)...doesn't matter though, I don't need a top box.  I guess I sorta expected a pic of a v100 at the MG website in full dress...with cases, panniers, bags or cans....like they did with the v85tt Travel.  Also, I'm still trying to figure the differences between v100 models other than wheels and color or maybe I should go to the demo....    :thumb:

Thanks,
Art

General Discussion / Re: EV1100 fuelling issue
« Last post by Wayne Orwig on Today at 02:12:54 PM »
My 2004 EV developed an odd issue. At one 4 way stop on the way to work, as I would pull away from the stop, it would 'hiccup'. And always exactly at 2100 RPM.
It was not bad enough for me to spend much time looking for it. But I know that a new TPS did not help. Throttle sync never did help. Changing the fueling in the fuel map did not help.
I wonder if it is the timing chain worn enough to screw up the ECU pulses at that exact RPM.
My fix was to retire and never go through that intersection again.  :boozing:
General Discussion / Re: V7 Dipstick Safety
« Last post by Bulldog9 on Today at 01:30:32 PM »
Or, and I mean this, just F'n tighten it.

It obviously IS the tightness as the thickness of the O-ring has an effect on that.

Or leaving it too loose so that vibration can allow it to loosen further.

But 12 years later, gasp, that's not been an issue on either of mine.

Why?

Not because I drilled the cap and put on a clip, because I didn't.

Not because I sourced a different O-ring, because I didn't.

But because, like gawd himself intended, I just tightened the damn thing.

It's not rocket brain surgery. I swear I'm surprised no one here has mentioned cleaning the threads and applying red Loctite yet.

PS others I know had this issue, and they learned to TIGHTEN IT and never had the issue again.

I THINK the point is even when tightened, it can come loose.  In my mind this should be added to the pre ride check. Whats that dumb Acronym they teach in MSF? TCLOCKS?

Using some military lingo, PCC/PCI - Pre Combat Check/Inspection. Just part of what you do before each ride. If it comes loose during a ride, then CHECK it at every fuel stop...
General Discussion / Re: Royal Enfield Bullet Rescue
« Last post by Shorty on Today at 12:30:17 PM »
Enfields are like other classic bikes that have been around a long time. The old time owners put in the sweat equity to keep them running. The factory slowly started improving the brand until now, the J model 350s and the 650s are decent machinery. And of course the older guys swear their dinosaurs are every bit as good as the new ones, and possess more "soul."   :grin: I enjoy observing the pride that riders get in India when they save enough to buy their first Enfield. It's a rite of passage.  :thumb:
« Last post by 1wild1 on Today at 12:26:38 PM »
I haven't pulled the battery yet so Ill try that next.  Gotta check the air filter anyway and didn't know if I would have to enter the code so I didn't do that yet. I can enter the code now that the switch is changed. I would think if a sped or abs sensor was off those lights would light up as well. And it said it successfully did the calibration. I'll go through the fuses, that would be weird with everything else seeming to work properly but IDK.  I guess I have sundays project. Took my Honda Fury for a ride this morning instead, and then the grom just because it's super fun for a quick ride. I've been on the V85 so much it'll force me to ride some of the other bikes. KLR up next.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here