Author Topic: Two good buys on BaT right now...  (Read 732 times)

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
Two good buys on BaT right now...
« on: November 26, 2021, 10:16:39 AM »
These classic airhead Beemers are two fine vintage machines...(IMHO) and affordable! :thumb: :boozing: :cool:

« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 10:17:09 AM by JJ »
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline steven c

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Two good buys on BaT right now...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 01:39:01 PM »

I have a soft spot (in my head?) for /5's being the first big bike I rode.It was a R60/5  which a friend had on in the 70's  and then buying a a R60/5 and fixing it up in the early 90's and finding out it was the same bike that my friend let me ride. Very nice bikes. Should have kept it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 01:49:23 PM by steven c »
2020 V85TT Traveler
74 949 Eldorado

75 Benelli 250
2006 Buell Ulysses
78 Honda XL125

MGNOC 6412

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 02:26:50 PM »

I have a soft spot (in my head?) for /5's being the first big bike I rode.It was a R60/5  which a friend had on in the 70's  and then buying a a R60/5 and fixing it up in the early 90's and finding out it was the same bike that my friend let me ride. Very nice bikes. Should have kept it.

Same soft spot for me!  Back in 1982, my "first" airhead BMW was a 750cc 1975 R75/6 with a Windjammer fairing and matching "wedge-shaped" Windjammer hard bags.  It was colored in "UPS turd-brown!" :rolleyes: :shocked:

I rode it around the USA for 6 months with two other guys....22 states + Canada and >25,000 miles, from April to August.  No issues, and it performed admirably...It was totaled in a freak accident in Tempe, AZ in Nov. of 1982.

Then, with the insurance money, I bought a "brand new", red 1983 BMW R80RT, which was my only transportation for many years. :bow: :thumb: :boozing: :cool:

Many Guzzisti "POOH-POOH" the airheads for a variety of reasons, but they are comparable and reliable touring bikes, IMHO, :thumb: :bow: :smiley:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Online Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 09:31:56 PM »
I really like seeing two of the same come up at once. It seems as if it will give us a better sense of the values of these bikes.  My /5 has been patiently waiting for me to sort a carb problem for a year and a half.  It will probably take no more than a few hours but the Guzzis have all of my attention.  Sneaky little sirens.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 09:31:56 PM »

Online Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 07:49:51 AM »
I used to watch his videos when demoed bikes. It has gotten pretty stupid lately so I don’t watch anymore. I did watch this one to see what's up.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Online Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 07:59:52 AM »
The bids on the /5s were a good reality check for clean daily driver values.  5-6k seems about right.  Buy those old Tontis now before the hipsters realize how good they are.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here