Author Topic: Central stand of Moto Guzzi Nevada 750 ie  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Arctic Fox

• Gosling
Central stand of Moto Guzzi Nevada 750 ie
« on: March 28, 2021, 11:25:08 AM »
Hi,

Again I would like to hear opinions of more experience riders.

I made one ''mistake purchase'' last year  :sad:. I bought used central stand for my bike (winter time 2020) ... so before the riding season. Just as I found one in good price. From one Ebay seller. In my understanding it was taken away from one bike (taking apart).

Right now I just have one photo of my stand. And photo is even pretty small/bad. Stand is our summer place at the moment (I pissed off too much so I left it there).

Ok, as I took my bike to local service summertime 2020 (also to install that stand) ... the service men said that some parts are missing.

I tried to google that stand and came to same conclusion. So if I'm not totally mistaken ... all to gether, the stand should look like this? Basically I'm missing those two separate black metal parts.

I contacted seller, but he was not a ''decent''. Just replied that my timeline (to make complaint/case) was passed over. So I have that useless piece of metal in my hands.

Now I have little bit looked the offerings of central stands to Nevada 750 ie ... and I have noticed (only) one another ... it is bit different looking ... this Hepto Decker model 

And finally now to my question (sorry) ... now I found this net shop:
https://oem-parts.hu/en/parts/motoguzzi/nevada/2005/nevada-classic-750-ie-2004-2008-apac-emea-nafta-aus-eu-j-uk-usa/accessories-touring-central-stand

They are selling new stand (as several others) but also parts separately.

Do you think this is the same as mine? If I would purchase parts: 3, 4, 6, 7 and 11 ... then I should get it work? I think I have the rest
parts: 2, 8 and 9 (both springs), 5 (pin) and 10 (stopper).

Or could it be possible that those are not the same (even as they look similar)? Do you think several others might have produced these to Moto Guzzi Nevada?

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 11:31:58 AM by Arctic Fox »

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: Central stand of Moto Guzzi Nevada 750 ie
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 12:03:22 PM »
Judging from the parts diagram for the Breva 750, you should already have the mounting/pivot point for the centerstand. #3 in this illustration:

insomnia emojis

So really all you should need is the "LH plate"/stop #4 in this illustration:

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 12:04:18 PM by Antietam Classic Cycle »
Charlie

Offline Arctic Fox

• Gosling
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 12:47:49 PM »
Judging from the parts diagram for the Breva 750, you should already have the mounting/pivot point for the centerstand. #3 in this illustration:

insomnia emojis

So really all you should need is the "LH plate"/stop #4 in this illustration:

Oh, that would be great  :bow:. Yes, Breva 750 should be pretty similar?

Can anobody here confirm that 2005 Nevada should have that same mounting/pivot point for the centerstand originally installed?
Or should I try find similar picture?

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 01:16:30 PM »
Same illustration for the Nevada.

Charlie

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 01:16:30 PM »

Offline Arctic Fox

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 02:59:41 PM »
Same illustration for the Nevada.

I tried to take photos:

There is something for sure ... I just do not see is it exactly same/similar. I just wonder why they would sell another if the original already fits ok?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 03:01:05 PM by Arctic Fox »

Offline Arctic Fox

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 03:52:01 PM »
I also took two photos from front side.

So mine looks all the way round ... and not like this:

So I think the one I have right now will need be taken away and replaced with one coming in kit set (or showed above)? I so I will need to purchase that part too.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 04:06:22 PM by Arctic Fox »

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 03:52:47 PM »
Doesn't look like your crossmember tube has the attachment points for the centerstand, so you'll need #3 and #4.

Charlie

Offline Arctic Fox

• Gosling
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 04:00:42 PM »
Doesn't look like your crossmember tube has the attachment points for the centerstand, so you'll need #3 and #4.

Thanks. I came to same conclusion  :sad:. Well ... still better buy new parts for 130euros than whole new central stand kit set for 250euros. Plus put useless stand (75euros) to some use?

Offline Arctic Fox

• Gosling
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2021, 11:32:37 AM »
I visited our summer place today. Hard. Walking in soft unbroken snow ... my pulse rose  pretty high. I left my snowshoes home as I though there would not be much of snow anymore left (on the road). I was wrong. I actually did something like that (that physically) first time after --19. I guess I wanted (= be ready) to test myself (my breating & my lungs). Luckily all went fine.

Anyway, here it is.

As we see there are some rust. Maybe I could get that away (enough) with drilling machine? I know we have few angle grinders etc. as well (with suitable parts), but those looks dangerous. I would also like to do as much as possible by myself (and not ask help from my dad all the time). And then paint it twice? First rust preventive paint and then top coat?

It will take 1,5 weeks to get those 2 missing parts, so I have plenty of time.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 11:51:41 AM by Arctic Fox »

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2021, 08:51:07 PM »
As it happens, one of the last things I was working on when my retina detached & put a (hopefully Temporary) crimp in my fettling was the centre strands on both my V7's. I had just found the spare V7C centre stand kit in its box up on the shelves.  That #4 part on the red-tinged OEM-Parts Fischer I think you'll find is the bracket that bolts on to the stock muffler to prevent the stand putting a dent in the muffler body.  Aftermarket mufflers are usually on their own here and have to take their chances. The top bracket (#3) is required, and replaces the standard spreader between the lower frame rails. When installing, you should support the engine on a lift, and loosen the frame rails so you can wiggle everything in there & seat it all soundly. As soon as u can get up to the shed again, I take a photo of the kit, hopefully that will be before you finish up.
Do note that the early Nevada's had different centre stands - look in the same as the V65 & Lario. I shall see if I can photo that one too.
Good luck & have fun.
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Offline Arctic Fox

• Gosling
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 06:07:33 AM »
I visited our summer place today. Hard. Walking in soft unbroken snow ... my pulse rose  pretty high. I left my snowshoes home as I though there would not be much of snow anymore left (on the road). I was wrong. I actually did something like that (that physically) first time after --19. I guess I wanted (= be ready) to test myself (my breating & my lungs). Luckily all went fine.

Anyway, here it is.

As we see there are some rust. Maybe I could get that away (enough) with drilling machine? I know we have few angle grinders etc. as well (with suitable parts), but those looks dangerous. I would also like to do as much as possible by myself (and not ask help from my dad all the time). And then paint it twice? First rust preventive paint and then top coat?

It will take 1,5 weeks to get those 2 missing parts, so I have plenty of time.

Now it looks like this. Not very pretty  :embarrassed:. Men could have probably done it much better but at least it did that by myself. First time ever they says. Now I just will need to wait that weather will become someway warmer so that I can paint it (outside).

« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 06:08:30 AM by Arctic Fox »

Offline SusKatCas

• New Egg
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2021, 08:14:55 AM »
How did your center stand project turn out?

Thanks, Alan

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here