Author Topic: Teen With Learner’s Permit Crashes Into Pool  (Read 884 times)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Teen With Learner’s Permit Crashes Into Pool
« on: July 30, 2021, 01:24:23 PM »
I wonder how long he has to wait to get his driver's license?  Where was the licensed driver that's suppose to be with him?  Can't wait to see the insurance bill for the parents...... :evil:

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/aquatic/teen-with-learner-s-permit-crashes-into-pool.html
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Teen With Learner’s Permit Crashes Into Pool
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 02:28:04 PM »
I've heard of people going off the deep end, but that's ridiculous!  :grin:

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 02:58:49 PM »
CANNONBALL!!!!! 🤣

Offline jbell

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Some progress
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 05:13:25 PM »
I wonder if they gave him a boating license instead?
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 05:13:25 PM »

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 09:38:29 PM »
He wanted to start a...wait for it....CAR POOL!  :grin:

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 12:46:34 PM »
Or maybe open a car wash.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 05:20:32 PM »
Over here you can be let loose on Aussie roads as a learner driver with three fifths of five eighths of bugger all supervision.
Unless I’m way off, once you get your learner’s permit which is done on a screen, you are ok to hit the streets with anyone who holds a current full licence.
That means, you can stagger through a test on a computer and put your 65 year old grandma in the left (non driver’s) seat of your (non turbo six, or non V8)and head off.
 Now grandma may have renewed her licence just in case she “ever wants to drive again” 9 years ago by paying the fee at her local post office or over the ‘phone, but may not have been in a car for 10 years and when she gives our little brat some guidance, there is nothing to stop him telling her to mind her own business and shut up...
He can then get his “mate”, to swear on a stack of bibles that he has supervised our budding Lewis Hamilton for multiple hours when in fact he hasn’t.
The preceding may contain some trifling inaccuracies, but fundamentally, that’s the go.
You should have do do all of your pre learner testing with an instructor and then do your post L driving with a supervisor.
Then do a final assessment 6 months later, with the same instructor who issued your L’s and check for improvements in your weaker areas.
I know from a previous life, that operating a complex vehicle like a car or aircraft, is a lot easier than teaching someone to operate that same machine, hence the uselessness of having a “supervisor” with you that may not have seen the inside of a car since Christ died...
The laws are just ill conceived garbage.

Offline moto-uno

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2021, 05:42:10 PM »
^    And how do you really feel about it ? :) . Peter

Offline Tusayan

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2021, 06:58:52 PM »

Unless I’m way off, once you get your learner’s permit which is done on a screen, you are ok to hit the streets with anyone who holds a current full licence.

I did much the same at 15-1/2, with the difference that initially, on a motorcycle, nobody was required to watch me.  It worked out fine, I had been riding a motorcycle for 6 years almost every day by then and the only change was that it now got a lot easier on a paved surface. Six months later I got my car license, at 16.  I can’t remember the details of how I was instructed to drive a car, I think we had some kind of little track at school (where I rode the motorcycle every day), but anyway I didn’t get a ‘full’ motorcycle license added until I was about 20.  The cops didn’t care, maybe didn’t even look, even when pulled over.  I eventually took the riding test on a VF750F, with something like 11 years of continuous riding experience when I did including a couple of track days. No problem  :grin:

I’m so glad I grew up when I did, learning so much better by doing, over and over, at a young age with time and opportunity to do so, and without supervision.  I’m a better rider to this day for not growing up in a nanny state.  I’ve never been injured on a motorcycle in going on 50 years of riding.

I also flew an powered aircraft solo for the first time on my 16 birthday, after 8 or 9 hours of instruction. I then spent the next year mostly flying solo, learning as I did, far more independent flying than instruction and no syllabus. Ditto.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 10:26:32 PM by Tusayan »

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 09:31:40 PM »
He wanted to go to the submarine races and fire off some torpedoes.  :evil:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here