Author Topic: ***Rule clarification***  (Read 431 times)

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
***Rule clarification***
« on: October 02, 2022, 09:00:43 AM »
The rule of keeping “FOR SALE” items, including motorcycles off General Discussion, was put in place from the start of WGC. It’s there to keep the forum uncluttered and orderly.
I realize there are some gray areas with this rule as well as any rule and that’s where common sense must kick in.
A few months ago there were 7 threads of “motorcycles for sale” that were simply moved from different bike add sites like Craigs list, BAT and Facebook marketplace and most were not even MG.
I had received complaints that the adds were not supposed to be in General Discussion, which was valid complaints. Therefore the rule started to be enforced more frequently.

If a member wishes to start a discussion about a particular motorcycle that may be unique or desirable then by all means, start a thread. Further more if there happens to be a bike of that type for sale somewhere and during the on going conversion this is revealed then so be it. It’s simple for someone to just add in a post where said bike is for sale or  to PM for the location of the bike being discussed.

What few rules WGC has are in place for a reason that is not always obvious at first glance but there for a good reason. There’s also a reason this forum has been in effect for a couple decades now. It’s here for everyone’s use and enjoyment.
Use it and enjoy it but honor the few rules which are in place.

I hope this clears things up a bit and thanks to every participate of WGC.

Dan

« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 09:00:52 AM by Ncdan »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here