Author Topic: Broke down in flagstaff  (Read 2351 times)

Offline jacksonracingcomau

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Broke down in flagstaff
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2022, 03:15:23 AM »
Update for those interested.  I took the Griso to Todd Eagan yesterday and found out today that the damage is limited to the head. I need a new valve,spring, valve guide and valve adjuster.  I feel fortunate there was no damage to the piston and cylinder.

Result. !
But our loose valve not kissing his partner is way out there, even if I couldn’t see evidence, I’d buy one.
Guide, notsomuch, even if he took a wallop from retainer, it would have to be ugly to change it.

Real point, of course, is why ?
I’m assuming never apart, FSH etc etc
Warranty would’ve been answer a few years back, motor now obsolete
Doubt anyone cares now, pitiful mileage for catastrophe in days of unlimited mileage warranty. But if you don’t use, you lose it.

I do have skin in this game, fitted same springs to my 650 8V, prob about same batch so if this really is common, I’ll biff em.
Shame, cos they work well

Offline groundhog105

• Gosling
Re: Broke down in flagstaff
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2022, 03:49:04 PM »

Result. !
But our loose valve not kissing his partner is way out there, even if I couldn’t see evidence, I’d buy one.
Guide, notsomuch, even if he took a wallop from retainer, it would have to be ugly to change it.

Real point, of course, is why ?
I’m assuming never apart, FSH etc etc
Warranty would’ve been answer a few years back, motor now obsolete
Doubt anyone cares now, pitiful mileage for catastrophe in days of unlimited mileage warranty. But if you don’t use, you lose it.

Yea i agree it’s pitiful mileage for a broken valve spring.  The warranty just ran out in September 21 and I turned down an extended warranty because the griso was running so well and the number of high mileage grisos around with no problems. I bought the bike new in 2019.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here