Author Topic: Bike camping now with PIX!!!  (Read 544 times)

Offline ScepticalScotty

• Gaggle Hero
  • Banjo pickin' bagpipe playin' fool
    • South East Massive
Bike camping now with PIX!!!
« on: May 19, 2022, 11:57:18 AM »
Went solo bike camping for the first time in 20 years and loved it. Rode to West Wales and stayed at a bikers campsite north of Camarthen, good facilities, not a crowd, onsite catering van for breakfast and dinner if you want it. First day I had lunch near Llandovery and did the classic Black Mountain Road beloved of Top Gear in the old days. Second day I did a loop through Tregaron and up to Devils Bridge, then west to the coast, then down the coast to Aberaron for lunch, and cross county back the campsite. About 750 miles riding all up over the 4 days. Definately will be doing more. Lessons learned; need a better sleeping bag, and my tent after 20 years might be in need of replacement. An air mattress is brilliant.

Next trip might be a weekend around Cheddar. Keeping things basic at present, until Jill settles into her new job.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 10:54:25 AM by ScepticalScotty »
Scotty

My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
Thomas Paine

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Bike camping
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 01:39:02 PM »
 :thumb:

Photos would be welcome.
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline johnwesley

• Gosling
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 02:11:47 PM »
Went solo bike camping for the first time in 20 years and loved it. Rode to West Wales and stayed at a bikers campsite north of Camarthen, good facilities, not a crowd, onsite catering van for breakfast and dinner if you want it. First day I had lunch near Llandovery and did the classic Black Mountain Road beloved of Top Gear in the old days. Second day I did a loop through Tregaron and up to Devils Bridge, then west to the coast, then down the coast to Aberaron for lunch, and cross county back the campsite. About 750 miles riding all up over the 4 days. Definately will be doing more. Lessons learned; need a better sleeping bag, and my tent after 20 years might be in need of replacement. An air mattress is brilliant.

Next trip might be a weekend around Cheddar. Keeping things basic at present, until Jill settles into her new job.

Love to see pics, I like solo camping and where I can I like a hammock.
2009 cal-vin
2003 cal ev
1985 lemans 1000

Offline v7john

• Gosling
    • The Racing Rhino
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 02:52:52 PM »
Missed ya! I live just 3 miles south of Aberaeron.

1972 V7Sport. Owned by me since 1978.
1972 V7 700cc ex Vigili del Fuoco?
1954 BSA M33

Read my blog at www.racingrhino.wor dpress.com

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 02:52:52 PM »

Online Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 07:06:51 PM »
This from when I  camped at a KOA in West Sacramento attending the flat track races. I do a lot of moto camping as I stayed in too many motels when working.
kk

forester xt 1 4 mile
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 07:33:05 PM »
I love camping although I seldom bother cooking when on my own its too easy to pick up something hot like a pizza or a meat pie. When with a buddy or two we usually settle for a steak and baked potato, Oatmeal for breakfast with Baileys as a substitute for milk :thumb:
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline ScepticalScotty

• Gaggle Hero
    • South East Massive
Re: Bike camping (now with pix)
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2022, 10:26:19 AM »

Scotty

Thomas Paine

Offline ScepticalScotty

• Gaggle Hero
    • South East Massive
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2022, 10:34:10 AM »
First 2 pix are from the Owls Nest Cafe  -the Guzzi and the BMW were a husband and wife. Great cafe just near Llandovery on the Black Mtn Rd.
Next 2 are on the Black Mountain towards the top. It was a sort of day where light misty rain might fall, or it might not, and there was a bit of a wind up.
Next one is me at a service station just north of Aberaeron? Google maps indicated there was a cafe there..but no there wasn't. It had closed some time ago.
My humble dinner on Saturday night; noodles, digestives, coffee and creme caramel. Lovely!!!
Last pic is taken during lunch break between Abergavenny and Brecon - shows the Breva loaded up - note Crocs!!!
Scotty

Thomas Paine

Online Dilliw

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Bike camping now with PIX!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2022, 11:52:21 AM »
Can't wait for the VA rally in June

Going:

Camping:

George Westbury
Austin, TX
2003 EVT "The Tank"
2011 Griso SE

L-824 and L-825

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here