Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Marelli starter brushes
« Last post by testa_di_formaggio on Today at 08:10:01 PM »
IIRC, my auto electric guys use Lucas starter brushes.

Wouldn't surprise me. Good rebuilders can make just about anything work, or find something that will. They're worth their weight in gold. I checked with my guy, the brushes he modified were for Motorola units.

TdF
General Discussion / 2023 V7 Special Edition
« Last post by bronzestar1 on Today at 07:08:59 PM »
Since there was so much drama going on with my quest for a '24 V7 Corsa, I got this instead, picked it up today.  Had the dealer install a set of Ago reverse cone mufflers, airbox lid elimination kit, and UPMAP tune, which I had already ordered for the Corsa.  Sounds great with the Ago mufflers and dB killers removed, I'll take it out for a proper road test this weekend, weather permitting.  Service tech said the break-in service is at 900 miles, which will include checking the valves, and replacing the oil, trans, and rear drive fluids.  Depending on what's going on with my '18 Aprilia Dorsoduro and "cars and coffee" vehicles ('81 Lancia Zagato, '05 Audi A4 Quattro convertible), it might take me several months to get to 900 miles!

General Discussion / Re: No acceleration passed 3rd
« Last post by John A on Today at 07:07:18 PM »
If you are in third about 4500 rpm and go to wide open and the rpms increase without acceleration, it’s due for some clutch work. Once they start to slip, they are done for.
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on Today at 07:00:22 PM »
IIRC, my auto electric guys use Lucas starter brushes. Have a look on ebay, there seems to be quite a few listed.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184119617893
General Discussion / Re: Breather hose on V7 Sport
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on Today at 06:58:37 PM »
I received the Buna-N rubber hose today and it fit just as you said, thanks again!

You're welcome.
General Discussion / Re: Stuck Norge Filter
« Last post by Tom H on Today at 06:40:50 PM »
Since you have the filter cup type tool with the correct flutes(?). As Steve mentioned, your thought of some screws through the tool and into the filter is a way to get a stubborn one off from what I have read.

I have one of the "clamps as you turn it" type filer tools. The one I have "may" fit up into the recess for the filter. Maybe KD brand??

If you have to pull the pan, you could always take a very clean oil drain pan, catch the oil, do your filter removal and use the oil that you drained. Been there.

Best of luck!!
Tom
General Discussion / Re: Breather hose on V7 Sport
« Last post by Air-Cooled on Today at 06:19:44 PM »
I use this hose: https://www.mcmaster.com/5235K55/ It's soft and flexible enough that it can be greased up and inserted through the metal holder fairly easily. I cut the end at a sharp angle which aids in inserting it through the holder.

I received the Buna-N rubber hose today and it fit just as you said, thanks again!

Plan on tending breakfast at see all the other motorcycles and people

TOMB
« Last post by testa_di_formaggio on Today at 04:55:42 PM »
FWIW, years back, when I used to be able to get the Marellis done, my rebuilder couldn't find any brushes, with any ease at least. Instead, he found ones that were close and "cut them down". This worked well. I suspect the metal can be manipulated fairly well. Over time, I don't really recall seeing any out there on the market. So you might consider the modify something existing gig.

As an aside, pay close attention to the condition of the armature. It will "twist", causing the small lamination pieces to come loose, or be possibly lost. At some point, the armature windings can contact the laminations, and cause a momentary short out of the unit. And in many instances, this won't present itself on the bench, rather only under load. If you see the laminations not perfectly inline with each other, (this will be at the front end of the arm), that's evidence of said twisting. Ultimately, I quit having the Marellis rebuilt, as the one place I found domestically to reman the armatures, went out of business. Even when I could get the armatures rebuilt, we were seeing maybe two or three of every ten being usable in a rebuilt starter, and of those remaining, maybe half of the armatures were possible to be rebuilt. 

TdF     
General Discussion / Re: Stuck Norge Filter
« Last post by guzzisteve on Today at 04:44:51 PM »
Was bound to happen..   Changed oil and filter and had oil drip drip from filter upon shut down.   No problem I though, give it another tighten.   Still drip so thinking loosen now,
perhaps I made it too tight.  NO SUCH LUCK. Filter is recessed as with all CARC bikes and filter tool is slipping. Tried the old sand paper trick.  Nope.  Not wanting to waste a new oil change I thought of using this Harbor Freight tool.

BTW the filter is ST4967 pick up at WM on the recommended list.  *back up plan is drill screws thru filter cup tool into actual filter. 

Can anyone confirm this Harbor freight oil filter tool fits up into the recess?

Any other ideas?

I have a filter cup w/holes on sides & bottom
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here