Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Central MA here :-)  From 2011 (wow): I have a Cortech GX Air Series 2 mesh waist length jacket that I like a lot. It zips to Olympia Airglide 3 mesh Pants. Cortech GX Air 2 gloves complete the feeling like I'm riding in shorts and tshirt but they all have padding. I haven't tested the abrasion resistance yet.

jim
General Discussion / Re: More accidents
« Last post by faffi on Today at 11:14:10 AM »

"from NHTSA:

Per mile traveled in 2018, the number of deaths on motorcycles in the U.S. was nearly 27 times the number in cars;
Studies estimate that wearing a helmet reduces the risk of dying in a crash by 37 to 42%; and
Unhelmeted riders are 3 times more likely than helmeted ones to sustain traumatic brain injuries in the event of a crash."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tanyamohn/2021/05/31/thinking-of-not-wearing-a-motorcycle-helmet-think-again/?sh=60cd0461301b

Interesting. Not what I was told by the national road service some years back, but if true it really does make an even stronger case for wearing a helmet.
General Discussion / V50 III airbox hoses?
« Last post by jamesfjamesf on Today at 11:08:45 AM »
I'm down to the final stretch, of course the last 5% is taking just as long as the first 95%.  I didn't take as many pictures as I should have of the boring stuff. For now I'm retaining the stock airbox. There are 3 hoses that connect to it. At the front is the breather 2 into 1 junction from the valve covers. At the very back is, I think, the drain hose back to the oil sump, since it's covered in oil, but maybe not. And just behind the breather hose connection is a smaller hose connection and I have no idea what connects there. I've been on the internet all week looking at pictures, videos, diagrams, forums, and nowhere is the hose information listed. The only clue is that some fiches don't show any hose to that second opening. Can anyone confirm the hose routing?

thanks,
jim

General Discussion / Re: New opinions on preferred mesh summer jacket
« Last post by brider on Today at 11:08:35 AM »
Yeah, I know what it's like to ride in miserable heat, guess I'm looking for a jacket suitable for 70's-80's heat in moderate humidity. That's why I'm wondering if in those ranges, a non or partial-mesh short jacket might be the best. Above that range all bets are off, and below my Tourmaster with the vents wide open works pretty good.
Here in the Ozarks we're blessed with some really WET heat.  :grin: I don't care what you wear, it's NOT comfortable. I have a mesh jacket and douche my t shirt down with water like BBR said.  Also drink LOTS of water.
I have a couple of joe rockets I use. light in color, high vis, and silver. You dont want a black one ! Here in Arizona, the way to ride in summer is with the mesh jacket, a T shirt underneath, and when it gets real hot, I like to wet my T shirt with a water bottle, and let it evaporate dry as I ride. Evaporative cooling!
Rick.
General Discussion / Re: New opinions on preferred mesh summer jacket
« Last post by blu guzz on Today at 10:21:52 AM »
The problem for you and me too is the humidity.  For me, it doesn't seem to matter whether I wear a jacket with vents or a mesh, I just cannot really get cool in hot, humid summer weather.  Even dousing your head and shirt with water is not very effective for long.  FYI, I have a tourmaster mesh and as said, it doesn't do much good over 90 when humid.
General Discussion / New opinions on preferred mesh summer jacket
« Last post by brider on Today at 10:05:40 AM »
It's getting near that time 'o year here, and last year I promised myself I'd try a mesh jacket again. Did some searching in the archives here and founds a lot of opinions that confirm my last memory of using a Joe Rocket mesh jacket: They may be very hot anyway, under some conditions. That's why I abandoned my old Joe Rocket.

But there's gotta be something lighter/better than my Tourmaster 3/4 with the liner zipped out and all the vents open in the summer...maybe mesh isn't the way to go?

Opinions on what you like? It's not desert-like here in CT, but a trip going north into mid-Mass can hit 90's with humidity.
General Discussion / Re: Knuckle Duster Head Protectors!
« Last post by dgurovich on Today at 10:01:30 AM »
Woof.

Might have to get some stock and roll my own....  I really like those,  not really a need for them, but hey. 
General Discussion / Re: Why multis are better - Nerd-alert!
« Last post by bacongrease on Today at 09:59:51 AM »

Okay, interesting read.  Top speed and acceleration are no longer of much  important to me. So I am shallow and superficial, sound matters.  My FXR and Stone sound pleasing, so does my 71 CB 750 with a cam.   :bike-037:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here