General Category > General Discussion

200K Tires

(1/6) > >>

SmithSwede:
Here’s 200,000 miles of old motorcycle tires, accumulated since acquiring a No Mar.  I finally got around to gathering them up to take them in. 

Somebody told me to keep them to grow small potatoes.  You pile dirt and potato spuds in a stack of tires.  Let them grow. Then kick over the tire stack to harvest your spuds.

But I’ve never gotten around to growing potatoes. 

A No Mar tire changer very quickly pays for itself. 

Scout63:

--- Quote from: SmithSwede on July 29, 2021, 09:20:51 PM ---Here’s 200,000 miles of old motorcycle tires, accumulated since acquiring a No Mar.  I finally got around to gathering them up to take them in. 

Somebody told me to keep them to grow small potatoes.  You pile dirt and potato spuds in a stack of tires.  Let them grow. Then kick over the tire stack to harvest your spuds.

But I’ve never gotten around to growing potatoes. 

A No Mar tire changer very quickly pays for itself. 

--- End quote ---

That picture is so cool. It shows some serious street cred. I could never let tires stack up at home like that. Off to the dump after each tire change.

guzziart:

A No Mar tire changer very quickly pays for itself

Well, I'm having a heck of a time trying to get there.  I haven't had a problem demounting but mounting is a different story.  Between technique, lube & getting the tire in the well of the wheel has not yielded the desired mounting results that I thought would be ezpz.  After more than a decade of using a Coats changer at a multi brand mc dealer, I thought the NoMar was an inexpensive option for my small assortment of personal rides but now think I should have spent twice as much for a Derek Weaver set up, etc.  I've watched the NoMar vids over and over to attempt to determine what I'm not doing correctly.  Maybe one of these days something will click in my brain so I can begin fully utilizing my NoMar.  I plan on dragging it out of the corner of the garage in September to do a couple of wheels, I'll wish myself good luck.  The demo at the '19 bike show in CLE made it look so incredibly easy so I bought one.  Oh well. :sad:

tazio:
Yep, 12 tires on mine, and in this relatively short ownership time I've got her paid for. Go No Mar!

Guzzistajohn:
I bought a no mar from a buddy, it's in the shed next to the tiller. But I have another buddy that has a real tire machine that can mount and balance a tire in a few minutes and not even say ONE dirty word or break a sweat. My time is better spent doing my job and flip him a 20 and a few beers and call it good.  :thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version