General Category > General Discussion

200K Tires

<< < (6/6)

tazio:
TWA! $20 a tire!?! Sweet. :thumb: I don't blame you.
Haven't seen any shop doing it that cheap in a long time.
Had used Cycle Gear for the longest ($25, if tire bought thru them) until I went through the usual "make appointment/ get them there" routine and they bailed when seeing the black rims on the GRiSO. "Not going to be responsible for scratches"
though they had done them countless times before for me :thewife:
Took them to the BMW shop nearby and the owner had a good laugh that they were from a Goozi. He said "Nope, go to your Goozi dealer..".
Funny guy..
Guzzi dealer (where I bought the bike!) bent me over $50 a tire.
Last straw, and last time I was inconvenienced.
Have Zero issues doing it on my cheapo machine and on my schedule getting the most out of the tires.
I do have 3 bikes on the road and they all get ridden. That helps.

Perazzimx14:

--- Quote from: tazio on August 03, 2021, 07:05:27 PM ---TWA! $20 a tire!?! Sweet. :thumb: I don't blame you.
Haven't seen any shop doing it that cheap in a long time.
Had used Cycle Gear for the longest ($25, if tire bought thru them) until I went through the usual "make appointment/ get them there" routine and they bailed when seeing the black rims on the GRiSO. "Not going to be responsible for scratches"
though they had done them countless times before for me :thewife:
Took them to the BMW shop nearby and the owner had a good laugh that they were from a Goozi. He said "Nope, go to your Goozi dealer..".
Funny guy..
Guzzi dealer (where I bought the bike!) bent me over $50 a tire.
Last straw, and last time I was inconvenienced.
Have Zero issues doing it on my cheapo machine and on my schedule getting the most out of the tires.
I do have 3 bikes on the road and they all get ridden. That helps.

--- End quote ---

My Griso 1100 was why I bought a tar machine. Needed a new rear tar took it into the local shop and they sold me what they had on the shelf (overpriced aged NOS) and I had to come back in 3 hours. Wheel was off the bike and tire was right there. This is a 5 minute job.

Their willingness to gouge lead me to buy my tire machine and in the long run it has cost them around 400 tire changes so far. This is also the same shop that wanted $7 for a rim strip. The same rim strip that is a $1.25 for at any online retailer or $0.15 cents of electrical tape will take care of.

Chuck in Indiana:
Around here, they charge $45 a tire.. if you bring it in. Changing one set more than paid for my HF tire changer with home made mojo blocks and mojo lever. I'd have a hard time remembering how many tires I've changed with it. Of course, at my age I have a hard time remembering yesterday.. :evil: :boozing:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version