General Category > General Discussion

Why I wear a full face helmet.

(1/8) > >>

paul in rochester:

Out on a stunningly gorgeous day today, and got caught with a rock or bolt or somesuch off a farm truck alongside Lake Ontario. Kinda beat up the chin air inlet and made a helluva noise, but better than my chin. Years ago, a buddy smacked a bat (!) with his nose while in a 3/4 helmet at speed; I decided then and there that my helmet choice was decided.

Others will think otherwise, that's cool.

Paul

Bisbonian:
I've had similar experiences and came away with the same thoughts.

Ncdan:
These kind of collisions with foreign objects is the reason our motor cop bikes were always equipped with windshields we looked through and not over, which protected the riders full head and body from debris kicked up off the road or unsecured stuff from another vehicle.

Scout63:

--- Quote from: Ncdan on August 02, 2021, 09:25:09 PM ---These kind of collisions with foreign objects is the reason our motor cop bikes were always equipped with windshields we looked through and not over, which protected the riders full head and body from debris kicked up off the road or unsecured stuff from another vehicle.

--- End quote ---

I never thought of that.  Makes sense.

slowmover:
To me it would be insane to be without one.I’ve been hit with bugs that felt like someone threw a rock at me.Eyes are too valuable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version