General Category > General Discussion

Dragging sidestand on Norge

(1/12) > >>

mrv:
Any mods out there or remedies to keep the sidestand from dragging on a Norge? Other than the obvious of slowing down.

Gliderjohn:
Maybe time to slow down. I have a 2011. Have had quite "spirited rides" on the Talimena Scenic Drive and it's off shoots and all over NW and N central Ark. Have scuffed my boots and scraped the feelers but not the center stand or side stand.  Maybe try body shifting more into the turn which helps keep the bike more upright.
GliderJohn

PJPR01:

--- Quote from: mrv on September 06, 2021, 10:07:52 PM ---Any mods out there or remedies to keep the sidestand from dragging on a Norge? Other than the obvious of slowing down.

--- End quote ---

Most likely your rear shock is set too soft or shot by now, barring that, it may be time to replace it with an after market one which are all infinitely superior to the stocker.

I went with a Wilbers on the rear shock, made a world of difference, along with heavier 15 wt oil in the front forks. 

Chuck in Indiana:

--- Quote from: PJPR01 on September 06, 2021, 10:53:40 PM ---Most likely your rear shock is set too soft or shot by now, barring that, it may be time to replace it with an after market one which are all infinitely superior to the stocker.

I went with a Wilbers on the rear shock, made a world of difference, along with heavier 15 wt oil in the front forks.

--- End quote ---

What Paul says.. the sidestand is ridiculously easy to drag on the stock Norge.

mrv:
I did not know if anyone has used the euro side sand, it seems to be made different.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version