General Category > General Discussion

Morini 500 ... For Sale

(1/3) > >>

SLDMRossi:
https://westernmass.craigslist.org/mpo/d/pownal-moto-morini/7379019773.html

No connection to Seller...

Steven Rossi

JJ:

--- Quote from: SLDMRossi on September 22, 2021, 08:37:04 AM ---https://westernmass.craigslist.org/mpo/d/pownal-moto-morini/7379019773.html

No connection to Seller...

Steven Rossi

--- End quote ---

Price seems reasonable...condit ion appears to be just "fair"...maybe a good project for someone...

Canuck750:

--- Quote from: JJ on September 22, 2021, 09:54:26 AM ---Price seems reasonable...condit ion appears to be just "fair"...maybe a good project for someone...

--- End quote ---

Might be a little overpriced, parts availability is just ok, not great and not cheap either. The triple disc Grimeca set up is very good but the hard chrome rotors are not meant to be machined and a new rotor will cost $170 ~ $180 a piece, caliper rebuilds, master cylinder rebuild and new brake hoses alone will result in a near $1K brake rebuild alone. Add in wheel bearings, tires, tubes, and head stock bearing service to just make it safe and preety soon its another $500 minimum and that hase not even touched the engine, carbs, chain, sprockets and hopefully the Ducati Electronica ignition and the stator is ok.

I paid close to this asking price for my 1978 500W model and in the end just about every single thing on the bike needed rebuilding, worn out pistons, case bearings, crank, electrical, brakes and on and on..... I really like the Morini 500 but its hard to really justify rebuilding one unless you can buy it for $3 ~ $4K.

Scout63:
It would look great next to my same year v50, but Canuck is so right that it would turn into an expensive project. I’m glad it’s at the other end of the state. I hope it goes to a good home and gets ridden right.

DesertPilot:
I do sorta want it.  Good thing it's on the other side of the continent! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version