General Category > General Discussion

Craigslist scammers

(1/3) > >>

twodogs:
So I listed my 21 Zero sr on cedar rapids craigslist and right after the ad popped up I received 4 text right off the bat, it is posted with phone calls only, no text or email, I give the scammers credit, they are relentless.LOL  If anyone here is interested it's on cedar rapids ia craigslist, or just want to talk about it pm me and we will talk the pro's and con's about bikes in general  :boozing:  :bike-037:
Bruce

JJ:

--- Quote from: twodogs on September 23, 2021, 11:38:03 AM ---So I listed my 21 Zero sr on cedar rapids craigslist and right after the ad popped up I received 4 text right off the bat, it is posted with phone calls only, no text or email, I give the scammers credit, they are relentless.LOL  If anyone here is interested it's on cedar rapids ia craigslist, or just want to talk about it pm me and we will talk the pro's and con's about bikes in general  :boozing:  :bike-037:
Bruce

--- End quote ---

Terrible!  Yes, craigslist has really become really bad as of late...

So the question is:  "What does the forum think is the best and most reliable place to sell a motorcycle these days?" :rolleyes: :shocked:

cragslist? - Cycle Trader? -   eBay? -   BaT? -   The Guzzi classifieds?  - A For Sale sign in your driveway? - An ad on the grocery store billboard? - Facebook? - Other?

John Ulrich:
I have great success on both mediums.    Even if I'm asking $1 to avoid having to drag it to the dump and pay.

You have a delete button to deal with pranks.

Antietam Classic Cycle:

--- Quote from: JJ on September 23, 2021, 11:44:52 AM ---Terrible!  Yes, craigslist has really become really bad as of late...

So the question is:  "What does the forum think is the best and most reliable place to sell a motorcycle these days?" :rolleyes: :shocked:

cragslist? - Cycle Trader? -   eBay? -   BaT? -   The Guzzi classifieds?  - A For Sale sign in your driveway? - An ad on the grocery store billboard? - Facebook? - Other?

--- End quote ---

My friend Joe has been "thinning his herd" considerably lately and sells almost exclusively on Cycle Trader.

dirtiegirtie:
I think I've bought 10, and sold 8 motorcycles in the last 7 years, so 18 buy/sell transactions. 17 Of those 18 were through craigslist. The odd-ball was one that I bought through cycletraderonline.c om

I have never put my phone number in the ad, only email.

Yes, you always get scammers wanting to pay more than the bike is listed ("you keep the extra!") or "I will buy it! But only if you send me a clean history report from this website, XXXXXX.com" which happens to cost $30.

Yes, you always get multiple people responding with, "I give $3,000?" when it's listed at $5k.

But if you just ignore those then I've had pretty easy transactions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version