General Category > General Discussion

Tonti Frame Style Tires: Formula Brand?

<< < (3/8) > >>

redrider90:

--- Quote from: lomax on September 15, 2014, 06:21:08 PM ---Hard to tell as that is not a DOT date code, but I am guessing they were built the 14th week of 2009 ???

I personally have found that while vintage tires look good they handle like sht. Look into Perreli sport demons or Avon Roadriders and be safe  ;-T

i currently have these on my older bikes and really like them.

My R50/2 has Heidenau vintage tires on it, brand new, and when you hit the cement rain grooves the bike is all over the road. It WILL be getting new tires come the winter tear down.

Marc

--- End quote ---

I had a very similar tire on the front of my 72 HD Super Glide. For all I remember it was a Conti but one thing it did was wobble like hell in rain grooves. Never again.

Triple Jim:
The tires I got for my H2 when I bought the Lesters were the Continentals that these look exactly like.  They were decent tires that were forgiving and gave a little warning before they let loose.  I haven't seen that tread pattern for decades though.

Antietam Classic Cycle:

--- Quote from: Triple Jim on September 15, 2014, 10:57:48 PM ---The tires I got for my H2 when I bought the Lesters were the Continentals that these look exactly like.  They were decent tires that were forgiving and gave a little warning before they let loose.  I haven't seen that tread pattern for decades though.

--- End quote ---

Continental never stopped making them, they're still popular with the classic Airhead crowd. Just installed some on a customer's R90/6 last year, they're now made in Korea.

Triple Jim:
Interesting, thanks.  So I guess I just haven't paid attention to Continental for decades.

Groover:
I found a few more markings. Looks like maybe the front one was manufactured in 08, not sure about the rear... thought they look like they were maybe put on at the same time by the looks of them.

Made in Taiwan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version