General Category > General Discussion

Tonti Frame Style Tires: Formula Brand?

<< < (7/8) > >>

Groover:

--- Quote from: Perazzimx14 on February 11, 2015, 01:01:10 PM ---For cast wheels you only ned to get tubeless threaded valve stems. If you order tires online from a place like Motorcycle Superstore they will also have the valve stems. So does you local NAPA or local MC shop. In certain instances you may have to drill out the hole for the new valve stem a bit.

--- End quote ---

Sounds easy enough. Thanks for the tip. Any reason I should not convert to tubeless? I was going to stick with tubes cause that seems to still be a good system in my book, but the more I read online, the more seems like tubeless may be better so if needed, I could potentially do an on the spot plug-repair of I got a flat (with a plug kit, and maybe a small Co2 bullet thing)?

Triple Jim:
Groover, just for the record, Pirelli Sport Demons are bias ply tires.  If I had cast aluminum wheels, I'd get sealed valve stems and go tubeless, although I don't hate tubes.

Groover:

--- Quote from: Triple Jim on February 11, 2015, 02:29:07 PM ---Groover, just for the record, Pirelli Sport Demons are bias ply tires.  If I had cast aluminum wheels, I'd get sealed valve stems and go tubeless, although I don't hate tubes.

--- End quote ---

Good deal, thanks again. I must have missed it somewhere that the Pirelli's were double-ply. Would this be an applicable stem? Any good ones you guys are aware of?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/22509/i/drag-specialties-metal-valve-stem?WT.ac=SLIsearch

Perazzimx14:

--- Quote from: Groover on February 11, 2015, 02:45:58 PM ---Good deal, thanks again. I must have missed it somewhere that the Pirelli's were double-ply. Would this be an applicable stem? Any good ones you guys are aware of?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/22509/i/drag-specialties-metal-valve-stem?WT.ac=SLIsearch

--- End quote ---

Your on the right track but you need to measure the wheel thickness where the stem will go though and allow another approximately 3/4 of an inch for the rubber, nut, washer and valve cap. Also measure the diameter of the hole and get something that fits without drilling the wheel.

Groover:
Ok, thanks for the reply and tips. I think I'm now 99.9% convinced to make the switch to Tubeless!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version