General Category > General Discussion

Tonti Frame Style Tires: Formula Brand?

<< < (2/8) > >>

Antietam Classic Cycle:
Googling a bit, the only reference I found was a National Tire advertisement from 1980. Hope they're not that old.  :o

Groover:
They could be I suppose... they don't have any cracks and the rubber feels... not so old!

They are inline for replacement for sure  ;D

rocker59:

--- Quote from: Antietam Classic Cycle on September 15, 2014, 04:16:51 PM ---Googling a bit, the only reference I found was a National Tire advertisement from 1980. Hope they're not that old.  :o

--- End quote ---

Yeah.  That's why I suggested checking the date code.  I think they may be vintage.

Antietam Classic Cycle:

--- Quote from: rocker59 on September 15, 2014, 05:39:40 PM ---Yeah.  That's why I suggested checking the date code.  I think they may be vintage.

--- End quote ---

Yep, and why I mentioned checking the date code 42 seconds before you.  ;D

lomax:
Hard to tell as that is not a DOT date code, but I am guessing they were built the 14th week of 2009 ???

I personally have found that while vintage tires look good they handle like sht. Look into Perreli sport demons or Avon Roadriders and be safe  ;-T

i currently have these on my older bikes and really like them.

My R50/2 has Heidenau vintage tires on it, brand new, and when you hit the cement rain grooves the bike is all over the road. It WILL be getting new tires come the winter tear down.

Marc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version