General Category > General Discussion

Thinking about selling the 1200 Sport - Thoughts?

(1/10) > >>

sono:
I have a red 08 Sport with just over 8K miles on her. She's mint and has color matched Norge hard bags, Mistral CF pipe, Mana bars, adjustable pegs, bar end weights/helmet locks, CG rear tire hugger, new battery and new Michelin Road 4 tires. I really only put on about 5K miles a year as I have another bike. I just got her fully serviced as well. Is $7500 out of the question?

I have the opportunity to buy a black 06 1100 Breva with the reddish brown seat. This one has color matched hard bags (the smaller ones), MG tank bra/bag and MG clear tall windshield. The story goes that he bought it brand new, rode the long way home, dumped it in his driveway, and then it's been sitting in his heated garage ever since. The damage is: scratches on the right side - windshield, lower windshield bolt, bar end, mirror, silver tank trim, engine case cover, brake pedal bent in and scratched frame, passenger peg mount. Otherwise, nothing else. Has 50 miles on the clock.

I'm thinking of selling the Sport and trading down for the 1100. I'm sure I'm going to hear it, so go for it...

http://s610.photobucket.com/user/stevenono/slideshow/2008%20Moto%20Guzzi%20Breva%201200%20Sport

Carlo DeSantis:
This makes sense to me ONLY if you're in dire need of the cash difference.

Best,

Carlo

menzies:
I recently decided to buy a Breva 1100 or a 1200 Sport and ended up with a 2006 Breva 1100. I searched for several months and from what I experienced $7500 is a little aggressive for todays market. A fellow had a really nice Black Sport on Seattle Craigslist kitted out similar to yours but with a nice Corbin seat and he ended up lowering the price to $6500 and I do not know what the final price was but maybe a little lower, also on St Paul, MN  CL a fellow had a red Sport for sale and he ended up lowering the price to $5500, it was not farkled nice like yours but very clean.

Good luck with the sale.

Frulk:
How about a pic of the bike?    :PICS!:

sono:

--- Quote from: Frulk on February 27, 2015, 03:30:14 PM ---How about a pic of the bike?    :PICS!:

--- End quote ---

Slideshow attached to the original post...

Also has a Rich's custom seat and I covered the "chrome" tank covers with 3D vinyl... I know the price is aggressive - All the potential buyer needs to do is negotiate. I may post it over the weekend... maybe... still not sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version