Author Topic: Rexxer  (Read 4879 times)

AGRO!

Rexxer
« on: June 19, 2015, 01:51:29 AM »
In a previous post I had complained about rexxer and its cost but for the V7 II there seems to be no other option in Australia but the rexxer for a reflash.
Anyhow I decided to bite the bullet and buy one now the dealer had some problems because the V7 II ecu seems to be a bit different to the older model.
Anyhow after the flash the bike goes heaps better now, I have short aftermarket pipes and the bike had a flat spot in the lower revs where the 02s are doing there best to starve the bike of fuel :)
The v7 actually feels like it has some HP lol I was really surprised how much better the little 750 goes now.
So if your thinking of a reflash the rexxer really works.... :grin:

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
Re: Rexxer
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 07:31:33 PM »
In a previous post I had complained about rexxer and its cost but for the V7 II there seems to be no other option in Australia but the rexxer for a reflash.
Anyhow I decided to bite the bullet and buy one now the dealer had some problems because the V7 II ecu seems to be a bit different to the older model.
Anyhow after the flash the bike goes heaps better now, I have short aftermarket pipes and the bike had a flat spot in the lower revs where the 02s are doing there best to starve the bike of fuel :)
The v7 actually feels like it has some HP lol I was really surprised how much better the little 750 goes now.
So if your thinking of a reflash the rexxer really works.... :grin:

So, how did you identify which areas of the trim to tinker on?
I'd be starting from a blank slate of knowledge ('ignorance' is an accurate description).
However, I am versed in interpreting spreadsheets and data contained therein.
A Rexxer here in N.America, licensed to one machine, costs about the same as purchasing a new ECU and paying the skilled to flash that chip once.
The ability to tinker/tune/learn and reset for the same price as one 'fix' sounds like a good deal to me.
I'm interested.
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

AGRO!

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 08:21:01 PM »
Well I purchased the user version so the map I'm running has been done for me buy the rexxer  dealer in Australia.
He made two maps for my bike and at the moment I'm still running the first map he sent me.
When I flashed the first map rexxer didn't have the tps reset so I had to flash bike at bike shop and there tech reset tps at no charge.
Rexxer has now added the tps reset so its all good  :thumb:
The second map I haven't tried as yet but the dealer who races bikes has added a little bit of timing advance and fuel changes for a bit more mid range. I'm really happy with the way the bike performs at the moment so Im still running the first map he sent.
I bought the rexxer for $649au now I could have opted for just a reflash for $400 but at the time there was no way of doing a tps reset so I ended up just buying the unit.
So the rexxer is locked to my bike I can't use it on any other machine so if you want to purchase the rexxer pro that's not locked to one bike its going to cost heaps!
Plus you have to purchase the software to do the programing.

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 08:48:53 PM »
Well I purchased the user version so the map I'm running has been done for me buy the rexxer  dealer in Australia.
He made two maps for my bike and at the moment I'm still running the first map he sent me.
When I flashed the first map rexxer didn't have the tps reset so I had to flash bike at bike shop and there tech reset tps at no charge.
Rexxer has now added the tps reset so its all good  :thumb:
The second map I haven't tried as yet but the dealer who races bikes has added a little bit of timing advance and fuel changes for a bit more mid range. I'm really happy with the way the bike performs at the moment so Im still running the first map he sent.
I bought the rexxer for $649au now I could have opted for just a reflash for $400 but at the time there was no way of doing a tps reset so I ended up just buying the unit.
So the rexxer is locked to my bike I can't use it on any other machine so if you want to purchase the rexxer pro that's not locked to one bike its going to cost heaps!
Plus you have to purchase the software to do the programing.

I'm having to tackle this issue from a different angle. I live in an area equivalent to Alice Springs only colder. I don't have a 'local dealer/shop' ... I'm it and I am one notch above useless with regard to mechanical aptitude. What I do possess is a belief I can learn whatever skills are necessary and I earn an income which allows me a small freedom to make choices such as buying the right tool for a job. Were I patient, I'd wait until the Guzzidiag team developed maps for the MUI3. That could be this year, next year, or never... they don't owe it to anyone to build it. I respect that fact and plan my life accordingly; hence the Rexxer questions.

I gather you bought the electronics then paid for some already developed Maps.
What I was reading on Rexxer's site was the device would record the existing settings then allow you access to revise those settings at specific range and fields.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 08:48:53 PM »

Vasco DG

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 11:17:26 PM »
Hopefully the Guzzidiag option will be available soon. I now have the means to help with this. I have one major job to finish off, (Mark III's Griso.) and then a bit of electronic jiggery-pokery would be a pleasant change from freezing my hands to pieces in the workshop. Once I have the software configured I should be able to supply those who do with what they need.

Pete

AGRO!

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 11:46:08 PM »
Hey Yuconica No didn't have to pay for maps just paid for the rexxer sent my map then I uploaded map to rexxer then loaded to bikes ecu.
Where do you live?
I used to own a super duke 990 and as regards to being useless LOL I'm good with mechanical stuff but crap with computers but what I'm saying here is if you put your mind to it you can do anything.
Anyhow back to the super duke have you heard of tunecu? This is a free program not for guzzi DOH! And I had no idea how to use it in the beginning but after some fiddling I had a great understanding of how to use this program You can change timing fuel maps turn 02s off all sorts of adjustments.
Also I had a Power commander V and AT 300 auto tune and I learnt how to use that also so what I'm saying is if I can do it you can to :-)
I'm 59....

AGRO!

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 12:03:13 AM »
You live in Canada hey! Great part of the world there Yuconica.. And your old LOL!

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 01:03:05 AM »
You live in Canada hey! Great part of the world there Yuconica.. And your old LOL!
Not only am I in Canada: I'm in the best part: Yukon Territory.
When I compared my location to Alice Springs I wasn't too far off. Yukon = 450,000 square kilometres, 36,000 people, 180,000 Caribou that we share with Alaska. Fairbanks is nearest 'city'@1000km. Nearest Canadian City is Edmonton@1800km. Whitehorse holds bulk of population@28,000.

AGRO!

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 02:46:05 AM »
My wife and myself were over there last year we did the rockies and the Alaskan cruise its really awesome countryside we loved it and yes we are thinking of going back again :thumb:
Your in the middle of nowhere Lol..
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 02:47:59 AM by AGRO! »

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 08:24:20 AM »
Your in the middle of nowhere Lol..

Yep!.... no neighbours.  :grin:
& if you do return for a second look please get in touch beforehand...
 :thumb:

AGRO!

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 08:34:34 AM »
Yep!.... no neighbours.  :grin:
& if you do return for a second look please get in touch beforehand...
 :thumb:
No worries would be great to meet up.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here