Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Anyone interested in a 2023 V85?
« Last post by QuickLime on Today at 10:22:28 AM »
(un)fortunately for me I already have one, but if you're going to be selling any accessories you'll have to let me know 👀
General Discussion / Re: Tank bag for V85TT?
« Last post by QuickLime on Today at 10:08:00 AM »
Looking at the EICMA videos for the 2024 V85TT launch, it looks like there's a new OEM tank bag coming soon. I'm holding out for that, but the SW-Motech stuff looks great too.
« Last post by tommy2cyl on Today at 10:04:18 AM »
OK, this will be a little convoluted but this is what I use.  I like the Hepco Becker Tank ring set up because it has the legs with the magnets
that come back off the gas cap area to shift the tank bag back onto the sloped portion of the tank.  I find the area above the gas cap area
too small for a tank bag and for me my choices were touching the bars - just too congested.  So I went with HB and the DayPack 2.0.  I used
that for about 2-3 years but ultimately didn't like the bag because when unzipped the bottom portion wasn't very deep, especially with the room
the magnet plate took out of the bottom, so when unzipped your stuff  would be prone to tumble out.  I also wanted a tank bag that had separate
compartments rather than one space.  I wanted a small bag for absolute essentials, and if I need to carry more I use a tail bag.  I found what
I wanted in the Oxford Mini Magnetic bag.  It has two small side zippered areas and a center zippered portion with a small "map" pocket on the
center section.  I use the left side pocket for my wallet - so easy for gas stops.  Use the left side pocket for kickstand plate and small air gauge.
Center is big enough for maps (yes, I still use to augment my phone), balaclava, small water bottle, sunglasses, snacks.  This is a small bag,
which is what I wanted.  I used the magnetic base plate from the HB DayPack 2.0 and transferred it to the Oxford Magnetic Mini.  This arrangement
is absolutely what I wanted out of a tank bag.  The Oxford bag is very convenient to pop off and take with you into restaurant or wherever because
it is not bulky.  I wouldn't say the bag is the greatest quality, but it has been the most user friendly set up I have found after a little work to get there.
Of course I had to sacrifice the DayPack 2.0 to get the magnetic plate, but I got 3 years out of it.  Probably not a great option for a new purchase to buy
a bag and then sacrifice it for the magnetic plate.  Doubt you can buy just the plate. 
General Discussion / Re: New opinions on preferred mesh summer jacket
« Last post by Vagrant on Today at 09:21:20 AM »
I figure I have over 400,000 miles on these. I have an original Joe Rocket Phoenix that's 15+ years old and has held up amazingly well. It went through a 60+ MPH crash with no harm. I wasn't so lucky, but I firmly believe it saved me from much worse. Right after I got it, I watched a rider go down on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was a low side at at least 50+ across and down both lanes of very coarse asphalt and there was no damage to her or the jacket. I'm impressed.
I have it and a cheap Sliders here in Ga. and another similar brand in Az. as my winter jacket.
 Get White, Silver or Yellow. Black is hot.
Don't waste your money on the lined and or moisture barrier ones. Go plain but allow room.
The Joe Rocket that is all ventelated with the biggest air holes works 100% better than jackets with small holes and fabric sleeves and shoulders.
If cold a light windbreaker or rain jacket over the top will work well. If real cold a heated jacket is the best bet. Using the Wind breaker and heaat is good to 25F or so.
General Discussion / Re: Breva 1200 Sport Fairing on Breva 1100?
« Last post by Walter on Today at 09:09:11 AM »
Perfect, great to know - thank you!
« Last post by erice on Today at 08:58:57 AM »
I use a SW-Motech Pro Daypack. It also requires the Pro Tank ring. There are also additional accessories you can add (phone case, lock).
The really nice thing about it is that it's not too large, and the connection of the bag to the tank ring is magnetic, at least for positioning. It clamps onto the ring, but the magnets ensure it hooks up easily, property and securely. Removes with a pull of a strap. Great for gassing up and then reattaching quickly and easily.

It's not waterproof, but comes with a cover. I generally keep things of importance in plastic bags inside, just in case. Very happy with it, but one minor downside is it didn't come with a carrying strap (just a handle), so I had to take one from something else.

I bought the lock too. I wouldn't leave the bag unattended and locked for an extended period, but for a quick stop at a gas station locking it is convenient. Prevents opening it and removing it by a casual passerby. I'd probably do without it though since I haven't used it a lot.

Eric
General Discussion / Anyone interested in a 2023 V85?
« Last post by inditx on Today at 08:52:18 AM »
Testing the waters here.
I will be making a change but wanted the collective to reply if they're interested.
KC Area
inditx
p.s. Yes it’s mine
p.p.s. Yes I change bikes like, well, you know......... :rolleyes: :huh: :popcorn:
General Discussion / Re: Breva 1200 Sport Fairing on Breva 1100?
« Last post by bad Chad on Today at 08:14:44 AM »
I have one on my Breva 1100.  It's an exact fit, bolts right on just as it does on the Sport.
General Discussion / Re: No acceleration passed 3rd
« Last post by 850brian on Today at 07:54:58 AM »
After you set the ignition timing correctly, I would also check for proper centrifugal advance of the spark under higher rpm.  If the advancer gets dirty/stuck, it will start and idle just fine.  It will accelerate at low rpm just fine.  It will feel like hitting a wall when  you get to higher speed and higher rpm.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

I will look into this. Seems exactly like my symptoms.
General Discussion / Tank bag for V85TT?
« Last post by steven c on Today at 07:26:35 AM »
I was hoping my Wolfman tank bag would work (older model) but it just doesn't fit to long, to wide and my other bags will not work. So what are you using? I like to keep a camera, gloves water bottle in it. Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here