Author Topic: Dellorto phf vs phm  (Read 5189 times)

crc

Dellorto phf vs phm
« on: January 02, 2015, 10:50:17 PM »
whats the difference in them? I think I knew once but its slipped my mind at the moment. has anyone here put phf32s on a round barrel? I bought some phf32s a few months intending to use them on my eldo, but haven't mocked my engine up yet to see how they will fit. I think theyre off a ducati bevel so fit on a spigot like the vhb guzzi carbs. the reason I ask about phms is that some phm40s have come up for sale at a good price, they'll be no good on my eldo but I do like collecting stuff that I may use oneday

Offline guzzista

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Dellorto phf vs phm
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 04:29:34 AM »
PHF's are (were) available from 30 to 36 mm, both with female ( external clamp) and male  fitting (as on Guzzi LM's.) PHM go from 38 to 40mm, fitting options same  as PHF.  The choke ( enrichener ) is a bit different on the PHM ( bolted to the side ) . Some PHM's had no enricheners and accell pumps were blanked off with a plate
1975 750S Tribute bike, 1994 Cali 1100, 2007 Ducati GT1000, 1983 SP1000, 1973 V7Sport project, 2017 California1400 Touring

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 08:36:46 AM »
I have PHF 32's(non bevel Duc)  on my Cali2, just the 2mm difference was like I put on FI.

My daily rider V700 came to me w/PHF32 Bevel Duc carbs on it. The slides are different than current made PHF's, and you may not be able to find a /60 cut on a set of used ones. I have a pair but useless if you can't get parts(slides). The idle ramp is wrong if I remember, bike won't idle down w/newer slides.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline jacksonracingcomau

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 07:06:43 PM »
I have PHF 32's(non bevel Duc)  on my Cali2, just the 2mm difference was like I put on FI.

My daily rider V700 came to me w/PHF32 Bevel Duc carbs on it. The slides are different than current made PHF's, and you may not be able to find a /60 cut on a set of used ones. I have a pair but useless if you can't get parts(slides). The idle ramp is wrong if I remember, bike won't idle down w/newer slides.

New slides can be modded to fit, see
http://www.dellorto.co.uk/merchandise/products_details.asp?PartNo=11570&CategoryID=2&PartsectionID=21

Other difference PHM to PHF is grooves for rubbers (on male spigot), 2 grooves or 1 groove, not relevant to Duc style bolt up but if making spigot to rubber mount, get rubbers first

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 07:06:43 PM »

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 07:58:00 PM »
Thanks for the info, that's great. Set them up in 92.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here