Author Topic: Norge Pricing  (Read 12945 times)

Offline Jerryd

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Norge Pricing
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2016, 07:52:20 AM »
When did they change body styles from the first generation models? Was it at the same time as 2V to 4V motors?
Jerry
Florida

Offline Cool Runnings

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2016, 07:55:27 AM »
2011?

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2016, 08:27:14 AM »
2011 is correct.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline Jerryd

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2016, 09:25:40 AM »
So, was that also also the same time they went to the 4V motor?
Jerry
Florida

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2016, 09:25:40 AM »

Offline MariusD

• New Egg
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2016, 10:50:23 AM »
Incredible: https://www.motointernational.com/catalog/hot-deals/2015-moto-guzzi-norge-1200-gt-8v

This has got to be the screaming deal of the century! Why are not all of these Norges sold?

$10,780.00 all in(excluding tax) for a 2015 Norge  :shocked:

Why is it winter and why is SEATTLE 2600 miles away?!

:cry:

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2016, 11:21:34 AM »
$10,780.00 all in(excluding tax) for a 2015 Norge  :shocked:

Why is it winter and why is SEATTLE 2600 miles away?!

:cry:

You could fly there and ride one home, stopping along the way at a dealer for your 620 miles service. It would be a nice ride!

As long as you could avoid ice and snow, the Norge would do great and be nicely broken in by the time you arrived home.

I imagine Moto International could also ship it to you and spare you the ride.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:22:15 AM by JeffOlson »
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline MariusD

• New Egg
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2016, 11:27:43 AM »
You could fly there and ride one home, stopping along the way at a dealer for your 620 miles service. It would be a nice ride!

As long as you could avoid ice and snow, the Norge would do great and be nicely broken in by the time you arrived home.

I imagine Moto International could also ship it to you and spare you the ride.

That's exactly what I'd like to do. It's just probably way too darn cold at the moment. For a 2600 mile trip, anyway...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 01:16:07 PM by MariusD »

George_S

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2016, 12:07:25 PM »
Being January, it's likely too cold in spots and also likely you'd be hit with a storm or three somewhere along the route. Add the fact that you'd be riding west to east, with some bad luck timing-wise, a storm could follow you most of the way.

Offline jreagan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2016, 12:17:48 PM »
Or buy it now, arrange Seattle storage for several months (maybe even MI will do that for $$), and then fly-n-ride.
"Loud Valves Save Lives"

2004 Triumph Bonneville T100
2006 Breva 1100 (red)
Nicholasville KY USA

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2016, 01:01:19 PM »
Or buy it now, arrange Seattle storage for several months (maybe even MI will do that for $$), and then fly-n-ride.

Store it till the National in Oregon, fly and ride.

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline Cool Runnings

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2016, 01:22:17 PM »

Dean

Yeah, I purchased my Norge in November, I could have stored it with them until spring.

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2016, 01:37:35 PM »
What is this storage of which you speak?  :wink:

33 degrees + rain + darkness = an invitation to ride, especially a Norge!
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline Cool Runnings

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2016, 04:57:05 PM »
What is this storage of which you speak?  :wink:

33 degrees + rain + darkness = an invitation to ride, especially a Norge!

Many dealers offer winter storage for customers bikes, just make a deal to have them store your bike until spring free of additional charges.

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2016, 05:08:14 PM »
^ I was joking.

You probably have snow there in Minnesota. Out here in Oregon and Washington, we mostly have cold rain. (I wish we had snow!) Consequently, out here, one could ride year-round for the most part and not bother with storage at all.
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

canuguzzi

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2016, 05:38:25 PM »
Chances are waiting is no big deal either. In a few months it will probably be possible to find a Norge at a really good price too. It seems like there a are really good deals on them all year long.

There is no stampede to buy bikes right now.

MG hasn't announced some major new upgrades for the Norge so if its a 2013,2014,2015 or a 2016 they are the same bike.

Trade-ins are going to hit dealers with the new model releases in March so chances are getting a Norge at a super price won't be hard.

You've got dealers selling at $9k+, what do you think they will give on a trade? About $6500-$6700 for 2013-2014 models and then only if you are trading up. Otherwise figure high fives and the new FJR is going to attract quite a few as are other new models due out.

Time is on your side but its always a good time when you buy a Norge.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:44:06 PM by Norge Pilot »

Offline Joliet Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Justus Esto, Et Non Metue
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2016, 07:27:31 PM »

Dean

you are wise beyond your years
1975 T160 Triumph Trident "Spot"
2002 Cali Stone "Moby Dick"
1998 Centauro "Psycho Chicken"
2003 Buell Blast "Pegasus"

Offline jdgretz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Proud Owner of a Red Norge
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2016, 01:03:40 AM »
I'm being told by my local dealer that there will be a $500 price increase pretty much across the board come the beginning of February.

Check the Fly 'N' Ride offer from MI - last time I looked, they covered up to $300 of your air fare if you wanted to do that.

jdg
2007 Norge Sophia The Fast Red One
1999 Honda Helix - Zippy
2008 Honda Goldwing

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2016, 05:37:19 AM »
These are amazing prices.

Don't forget, you can have a purchased bike shipped to anywhere in the US for a few hundred dollars.  No worries about fly n ride, storage and all of that.

In fairness, the 9,990 Moto International price is not out-the-door. Add about another $1000 of fees to close the deal. Then, of course on top of that,
you have taxes and tag fees at home to pay. Still a good deal.  Other sellers around the country are offering similar deals.

You can also find killer deals on the California.

This initiates a discussion we've had many times. With inevitable price-slashing every year due to poor sales, why would very many people negotiate and pay anywhere near MSRP for a new Guzzi?

These dynamics close dealers and that hurts sales even more and adds to this downward spiral for the brand.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:47:11 AM by leafman60 »

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2016, 06:50:49 AM »
you are wise beyond your years

Those years are adding up.

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline jackson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2016, 08:00:47 AM »
These are amazing prices.

Don't forget, you can have a purchased bike shipped to anywhere in the US for a few hundred dollars.  No worries about fly n ride, storage and all of that.

In fairness, the 9,990 Moto International price is not out-the-door. Add about another $1000 of fees to close the deal. Then, of course on top of that,
you have taxes and tag fees at home to pay. Still a good deal.  Other sellers around the country are offering similar deals.

You can also find killer deals on the California.

This initiates a discussion we've had many times. With inevitable price-slashing every year due to poor sales, why would very many people negotiate and pay anywhere near MSRP for a new Guzzi?

These dynamics close dealers and that hurts sales even more and adds to this downward spiral for the brand.
What he said: By the time you pay the fees/sales tax/tags/title/etc.............you've be around $12k or over (depending on your state's sales tax rate.  It's still a good deal if you're in the market for a Norge.  I wonder how long MG will keep making them with these kind of price subsidies?  (unless MG has a lot more margin in the bikes that I think that they have)
NO longer can ride

canuguzzi

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2016, 11:43:45 AM »
A lack of customers among other things is what causes dealers to close. If there were more demand for Moto Guzzi bikes then the prices paid wouldn't be so negotiable or get dropped like they do.

The discounts are just a symptom of few people wanting to buy. We all like to think the Norge is one of the best ST bikes ( I am one of them) but the harsh reality is that most people who want an ST don't believe that.

Its very difficult to sell motorcycles if the manufacturer behaves like the IBM selectric typewriter salesman.

Change how the motorcycle buying public perceives MG and they will buy more MG bikes. Its a harsh reality few want to face but then you might notice the vintage of most bikes owned here, they aren't current manufacture. Why aren't most forum members out buying new MG bikes?

Offline neverquit

• Hatchling
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2016, 11:58:54 AM »
Someone near Cleveland and Akron has been advertising this low mileage Norge for a long time.  Since it has been relisted many times the $7200 price must be too high, at least for the northern Ohio market.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/5364348647.html

canuguzzi

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2016, 12:31:34 PM »
Someone near Cleveland and Akron has been advertising this low mileage Norge for a long time.  Since it has been relisted many times the $7200 price must be too high, at least for the northern Ohio market.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/5364348647.html

Suckie ad. Better ad, faster sale.

2007 Moto Guzzi Norge. An exceptional sport touring machine for the discriminating rider with unique looks and the benefit of exclusivity. This Norge has been well maintained and has low miles so the lucky buyer gets a practically brand new bike that should easily last longer than they'll want to ride a motorcycle.

With a smooth V engine that insures smooth performance at any speed, above 50mph the Norge is in its element, picking up miles and putting them down as long as you like.

The Norge is what Sport Touring is all about, being competent and comfortable on back roads that twist into knits or the open road with a destination beyond the horizon; it doesn't matter where you are going the Norge gets you there wishing the trip wasn't over.

Powerful Brembo brakes for stopping and the low maintenance CARC shaft drive for going all you need to do it grin you way to what others say is the ultimate experience in motorcycling, riding a Norge.

The 1200cc engine propels you and anyone or anything you take with you with effortless forward motion. The rumble of the V engine letting you know that it isn't asleep. The included side bags can each carry a full face helmet plus. Available ergonomic options allow you to make this Norge fit like a full body glove.

Here are some specs:
Hfhrjfhjd
Dhdhdjdm
Jdjsbdbdbdnm
Djdhjdjdmdjfh
Nsjdhdjsndhdjnndhhd nne

Asking $5700, cash and local pickup only. I can deliver to a local pickup shipping company at your expense after you complete the sale.

The usual requirements for test rides apply.

Sell the story of riding a Norge and someone will buy it. Otherwise, chances are only other MG enthusiasts will be interested.

Offline Matteo

• Alaska Guzzi's on Facebook
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Make me an offer I can't refuse!
    • https://squareup.com/store/doubleshovelciderco
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2016, 02:29:00 PM »
66 Stornello Scrambler,77 Lemans,80 CX100,16 V7II,21 V85TT Centenario
Gone to new homes: 84 LM3, 82 1000SP, 00 V11Sport, 84 V50III, 84V65, 00 Jackal, 07 Norge

Offline MariusD

• New Egg
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2016, 02:44:08 PM »
THE OTD price from MI is $10,780. It says so right there on the website. For me there would be an additional 8.75% sales tax in my own state of Louisiana and maybe another registration fee or two, so yes, all in I'm looking at very close to $12k after factoring in travel to get it and all else. But for a Brand new 2015 Norge... that still seems like a heckuvadeal!  :thumb:

I personally want to make sure the bike fits, so I will try to go down to Pensacola and get my bum in one at their dealer, thought I don't think they have a demo to ride, which is ok. Maybe they can even come close in price on the 2014 norges they have, they still have 2 of them. Just haven't made the trip yet. Always something...  :angry:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:46:51 PM by MariusD »

yrunvs

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2016, 02:50:41 PM »
Is this correct?  The Norge was a 4 valver through 2010 then became an 8 valver starting 2011. 2011-2013 were flat tappet and 2014+ are roller tappet.

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2016, 03:59:02 PM »
Is this correct?  The Norge was a 4 valver through 2010 then became an 8 valver starting 2011. 2011-2013 were flat tappet and 2014+ are roller tappet.

I could be wrong, but I thought the switch from flat to roller tappers occurred in 2012, which would make all 2013 and later Norges rollers.
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2016, 04:34:13 PM »
The discounts are just a symptom of few people wanting to buy. We all like to think the Norge is one of the best ST bikes ( I am one of them) but the harsh reality is that most people who want an ST don't believe that.

I think the average motorcycle rider probably doesn't even know that Moto Guzzi exists or what options they have for different riding classes.  I remember seeing my first Red Norge back in 2009 and being smitten by the design, buying one 4 days later and wondering why I had never heard of the brand before that...probably just my ignorance, but I wonder how many other riders of BMW, Yamaha, Honda have actually heard of Guzzi,  and I had had 2 Sport Touring motorcycles before buying the Norge.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:34:54 PM by PJPR01 »
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2016, 05:56:30 PM »
I, too, did not know much about Moto Guzzi until I began looking for a sport touring bike with locking, hard luggage that I could ride long distances in the rain, at night, and in the dark.

I could be wrong, but I imagine most buyers of sport touring motorcycles are older and more financially secure than many motorcycle buyers. For them, price may not be a determining factor. They may want features that the Norge does not have and are willing to pay many thousands of dollars more to get them.

For some, a BMW RT or a Triumph Trophy SE may be the bike for them because it has Sirius XM satellite radio, as well as electronic cruise control, heated seats, etc. If they absolutely must have those features, then the Norge is not for them, and they pass it by (if they have even heard of it).

I am really happy with my Norge. It would be nice to have a heated seat, electronic cruise control, and satellite radio, but I can ride contently without those (for now!).

Also, I dare day that motorcycles are toys for most buyers, like a boat or an RV. Few of us commute regularly on motorcycles. Toy buyers with $12,000 to spend on a bike might just have $20,000 for what they perceive as a nicer toy.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 11:12:07 AM by JeffOlson »
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2016, 06:14:52 PM »
Great points Jeff....nothing rides like the Norge...another 200 miler today out riding with Tom Nova on his Stelvio today up thru the Sam Houston National Forest, with the last hour back home after thawing out a bit in freezing cold and rain, and the bike is just rock solid, never skipping a beat.

Tomorrow a trip down to Galveston for lunch with Davedel and sunnier weather and Monday probably a loop out to Lockhart and back for some BBQ. 

After that, into MPH for the regular service and some blacked out Xylan Valve covers to be installed by Larry.

My old BMW K1100 LT had a great stereo, bigger fairing, but buzzed a bit at 70 mph and was nowhere near as flickable as the Norge.  Honest, I just absolutely love the Norge, and these days with Pandora Streaming or Iphones music thru Bluetooth to the Sena plus connected to the TomTom Rider, music, navigation and comms are covered nicely and just as efficiently as being built in.  I also looked at the Trophy a couple of years ago, but never pulled the trigger, felt much more cumbersome than the Norge.

Even though my Corbin is super comfortable and has been great for 600-700 mile days, I'm also going to add a King of Fleece seat cover with a sheepskin underneath as Tom and I are thinking about getting IBA certified!  We're probably nuts....but what the hell, more fun on the moto!! 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 06:18:35 PM by PJPR01 »
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here