Author Topic: HP formula NGC  (Read 952 times)

Offline wymple

• Gaggle Hero
HP formula NGC
« on: November 18, 2019, 11:19:15 PM »
From the very famous holder of hundreds of drag racing & Bonneville records on motorcycles. Tony Nicosia. Interesting

Tony’s HP Formula:
Weight of bike + weight of rider x 110mph x 110 again (1102). Divided by ET, then divide by 8800 = Horsepower.
No trees were harmed by the conveyance of this message, but a lot of electrons were seriously disturbed.

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: HP formula NGC
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 01:02:22 AM »
From the very famous holder of hundreds of drag racing & Bonneville records on motorcycles. Tony Nicosia. Interesting

Tony’s HP Formula:
Weight of bike + weight of rider x 110mph x 110 again (1102). Divided by ET, then divide by 8800 = Horsepower.
It’s a hitch hiker’s guide to a number. The numerals are constants in the equation.
Horsepower or Kilowatts is still a numerical value given to the rate of doing work.
Force x distance/ time
Which is
Mass x acceleration x distance/time.
You have to manipulate another equation to get a value for “a” (acceleration), my example gives an acceleration figure of about 4.5 m/s squared, or about 0.5 g, from there it’s plug and play.
Consider a V85 with rider @ 320 kg..
Using that method for a bike&rider weight of 320 kg over a SS 400 metre time of 13 seconds comes out to about 44 kW, or 62 hp if memory serves.
I have not come across what’s his name’s method before and it’s not bad.
My calculation is based on Newton and if you work on 62 hp + 10% for losses due to non idealised conditions, you get..
68.2 hp...!
Bugger me.... :popcorn:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 02:39:41 AM by Huzo »

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 02:38:05 AM »

Tony’s HP Formula:
What is the 1102 in brackets ?

Offline reidy

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 03:20:00 AM »
It’s a hitch hiker’s guide to a number.

Huzo you did not explain how the number 42 fits into this even though it is a logical explanation to why it is the answer.

Steve

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 03:20:00 AM »

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 03:39:59 AM »
Huzo you did not explain how the number 42 fits into this even though it is a logical explanation to why it is the answer.

Steve

42 is not the question it is the answer so its doesn't fit into any equation, this equation drag racing and motorcycles are all simply subsections to the ultimate question who's answer is 42. :P

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 03:45:56 AM »
42 is not the question it is the answer so its doesn't fit into any equation, this equation drag racing and motorcycles are all simply subsections to the ultimate question who's answer is 42. :P
I’m sorry guys..
Number 42 ? Is that a reference to the secret of the universe thing ?

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 04:49:05 AM »
I’m sorry guys..
Number 42 ? Is that a reference to the secret of the universe thing ?

You are not familiar with Hitch Hikers Guide to The Galaxy? Do we need to see if you weigh as much as a duck?

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 05:45:54 AM »
You are not familiar with Hitch Hikers Guide to The Galaxy? Do we need to see if you weigh as much as a duck?
I saw it once.

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 06:24:45 AM »
 There's many HP + weight = 1/4 ET calculators online.. I use this was from Wallae racing...It's pretty close for most street bikes

http://www.wallaceracing.com/et-hp-mph.php

Offline garbln

• Hatchling
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 11:06:55 AM »

I guess now would be the time to throw out the quote I saw on either this or another forum.  " beer is not the answer, it is the question, yes is the answer" :boozing:

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here