Author Topic: 2015 MGNOC National Rally in New Hampshire - June 18 - 21, 2015  (Read 87758 times)

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
Re: Next National - 2015 MGNOC National Rally in New Hampshire
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2015, 09:33:16 AM »
Charlie - are you going to ride the Ambassador if you go???  If so, I might consider riding my Mille up there.
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2015, 09:42:43 AM »
Charlie - are you going to ride the Ambassador if you go???  If so, I might consider riding my Mille up there.

Doubtful I will ride the '69 Ambassador, most likely my recently acquired Cagiva Elefant instead. Would be interested in riding up with others from the MD/DC/VA area. Just remember I stop to eat every three hours.  :)
Charlie

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2015, 09:54:06 AM »
Doubtful I will ride the '69 Ambassador, most likely my recently acquired Cagiva Elefant instead. Would be interested in riding up with others from the MD/DC/VA area. Just remember I stop to eat every three hours.  :)

Ha!  That would work for me - on the Mille, I would need to stop at least that often to get the kinks out of my back & hips, not to mention the need to regularly empty the personal ballast tank.
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2015, 11:20:23 AM »
Most states' "official maps" are great in scale and detail and, IMO, much to be preferred over those of the AAA, an outfit I loathe for various policy and performance reasons.

:+1
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2015, 11:20:23 AM »

Offline Thunderbutt

• Hatchling
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2015, 03:10:44 PM »
Being a new Guzzi owner I am looking forward to attending an event and read with interest some of the comments on which route people plan on using.  I would like to share an experience I had.  Several years ago my brother and I Fed-Ex'd our bicycles from Florida up to Bar Harbor, Maine. We then rode from Bar Harbor to just south of Buffalo, NY.  To prepare for the trip my brother joined Adventure Cycles who are the AAA for the bicycle world.  They compile information from other cyclist who have biked thru particular areas all across the country. Our trip was referred to as "the Northern Tier Route" and we were provided with a large map broken down into individual "charts".  Each chart was approximately 30-35 scale miles and listed emergency medical services information as well as camping and hotel accommodations in that particular area.  Because the information was provided by bicyclists, all the routes were on secondary roads and mostly away from heavy traffic. We never ate at a chain restaurant preferring to eat at "family owned" dinners and staying at "mom and pop motels".  Only one night on the entire trip did we end staying at a motel I would be reluctant to take my wife.  And that was only due to the fact that all the other motel listed on the "chart" were already booked full.  We had a fantastic trip, were able to meet some wonderful people and travel thru some interesting small communities that would be missed by traveling the main highways.  I realize that many people planning on attending the Rally will be traveling long distances in a limited time frame and are forced to stick to the super slabs, but for others, I thought I would offer this as an alternative suggestion.

Jerry
Current rides: 2000 V-11 Sport-SOLD, 2003 Aprilia Mille Haga Replica #125, 1975 Triumph T160, 2002 LeMans, 2008 Norge aka the silver bullet

dilligaf

« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2015, 03:40:32 PM »
I have to agree with Bill regarding state maps as preferable to AAA however the difference is small.  State maps are conveniently located at the welcome centers along the Interstates.  And that is the problem.  The only welcome centers, I know of, not located along Interstates, are  on US-17 S just north of Myrtle Beach, SC and just over the GA border on US-301 S.  I'm sure there are more but that the only ones I know of. So if navigating with a state map is your primary gold you have to ride the Interstates.  State maps may be ordered for those of you who plan well in advance but not to folks, like me, who don't.  Much more convenient to run down to the local  AAA office and grab a handful of map for states you may travel thorough.   :BEER:
Matt

dan407

« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2015, 04:23:40 PM »
Hi,

Is it possible to visit the rally site for the day without paying the full rally fee?
It would be a side trip by auto for the day.
I may be visiting relatives in New England this summer and could maybe make it at the time of the rally.
I'd like to stop by and check it out.  Hopefully buy some things from the vendors.

Just got a Griso last year and have never been to a MG rally.

Don't mind if it involves some kind of fee.

Thanks,

Dan

Offline Aaron D.

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2015, 05:01:32 PM »
Lots of little places to stay, check Peterborough/Rindge/Jaffrey/Swanzey, Chesterfield, even Brattleborough VT.

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2015, 06:19:39 PM »
I will be attending this national. I have attended 6 BMW nationals and multiple other BMW rallies, 5 Moto Guzzi rallies, once to the Italian Motocycle Rally in Sturbridge MA, but never a Moto Guzzi National. Very much looking forward to this one. My most frequent Moto Guzzi riding companion happens to be my dog Cooper. Some of you know he is an excellent rally dog. No trouble. I need to find out if he will be welcome at the rally sight. I will resort to calling the rally sight if it gets closer and I haven't found out. An e-mail address of someone that might know or the campground itself would be appreciated. Hope someone can help me out. I will be attending anyway but I sure would like to bring Cooper. Thanks. Responding here would work too!

Stay safe, John
'09 Norge new in '11, sold in '17, 37000 very good miles, thanks to this forum. '17 Roadster new in '17
Luke 23:34

Offline Nick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2015, 06:37:14 PM »
I will be attending this national. I have attended 6 BMW nationals and multiple other BMW rallies, 5 Moto Guzzi rallies, once to the Italian Motocycle Rally in Sturbridge MA, but never a Moto Guzzi National. Very much looking forward to this one. My most frequent Moto Guzzi riding companion happens to be my dog Cooper. Some of you know he is an excellent rally dog. No trouble. I need to find out if he will be welcome at the rally sight. I will resort to calling the rally sight if it gets closer and I haven't found out. An e-mail address of someone that might know or the campground itself would be appreciated. Hope someone can help me out. I will be attending anyway but I sure would like to bring Cooper. Thanks. Responding here would work too!

Stay safe, John

You could try contacting the New Hampshire MGNOC Rep. Randy Tefft. 603-355-9373. Email: rt@ne.rr.com

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2015, 08:39:28 PM »
Thanks Nick, If no one jumps in with anything else I will. Not really in a hurry yet.
            John
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 08:41:27 PM by Adk.IBO »
'09 Norge new in '11, sold in '17, 37000 very good miles, thanks to this forum. '17 Roadster new in '17

dilligaf

« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2015, 08:53:13 PM »
Folks do bring their dogs to rallies.

:BEER:
Matt

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2015, 06:03:43 AM »

Matt
[/quote]

Yep, I are one who does...but... There was one Moto Guzzi rally where dogs were not allowed. We were turned away and just left. I don't want that inconvenience thank you very much. My dog has roughly 17,000 miles in 4 seasons, he's done a couple of 500 mile days. 26,000 miles on the Norge. He rides a lot (for a dog) and doesn't like being left behind, but I will leave him home if necessary. I just want to know for sure. Plenty of time, no worries.

Stay safe, John

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2015, 11:58:50 AM »

Matt

Yep, I are one who does...but... There was one Moto Guzzi rally where dogs were not allowed. We were turned away and just left. I don't want that inconvenience thank you very much. My dog has roughly 17,000 miles in 4 seasons, he's done a couple of 500 mile days. 26,000 miles on the Norge. He rides a lot (for a dog) and doesn't like being left behind, but I will leave him home if necessary. I just want to know for sure. Plenty of time, no worries.

Stay safe, John

Good to plan ahead!

It's not the nice little dogs at rallies that cause these rules to have to be put in place.   It's the stupid a$$holes that OWN the dogs that cause it.

I've helped with BSA rallies where the rule was "No Dogs".   But a few people complained, so the committee said "OK, dogs can come but they have to be on a leash."

First year, generally no problems.

Second year, WAY more dogs.   Yappy, noisy dogs that bark half the night, and owners let them shit everywhere in the campground and don't clean up after them.

Third year, weird people are bringing 3/4 wolves and attack dogs, strutting around the campground in trench coats with them and scaring people.

Fourth year, ..... No Dogs Allowed.   There's no point in making the rally miserable for 100 people who are there for people and motorcycles to accommodate  a few people who can't leave the dog behind for a weekend.   I love my dog and take him anywhere it's reasonable and that he's welcome, but if the rule is "No Dogs" I don't toss my dummy out of the pram and sulk like some would .....

Lannis
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:04:12 PM by Lannis »
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2015, 04:25:07 PM »
So why not have a rule in place that if your dog causes any complaints you will be asked to leave period? I'd be good with that because Cooper's well behaved, not yappy, I respect the poop rules, loves kids, chases balls and brings them back to you, and he's hardly intimidating unless you let him get to close and don't like stubby little tails that wag and over active tongues that give kisses if given the opportunity. I think he's still under 15lbs, wears his doggles whenever on the bike, has his own jacket and rain suit not to be cute, actual riding gear that works. He's created more smiles, thumbs ups, dumb looks, pointing people and picture taking than anything I've ever done in my life. I don't want to be around badly behaving people whether they own a dog or not. You don't have to have a yappy dog to keep people up 1/2 the night at rallies. Been there done that (on the receiving end). Better yet why not have a rule in place that if you cause any complaints you will be asked to leave? All I really want to know is if I can bring him or not. Thanks again.

Stay safe, John
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 04:48:54 PM by Adk.IBO »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2015, 04:37:02 PM »
So why not have a rule in place that if your dog causes any complaints you will be asked to leave period?

In my experience, that tends to be be too "subjective" and too hard to enforce.   Much more effective to just not get it started.

"So, which of these SOBs here complained about it, huh?   Was it just one guy?   I've got to leave because of just one guy, do I?"

"So what are you going to do, MAKE me leave?   Gonna call the cops, huh?  Or are you man enough to try it yourself?"

I'm just saying what I've experienced.   I won't be making any rules, I'll just be appreciating the rally organizers' issues and following their rules.   But for some reason, some of the most abusive and horrible people I've met, in or out of rallies, have been "dog lovers".   That's a sad commentary on humans, given how loyal and loving that dogs actually are .....

Or maybe I'm just affected by the fact that I had Grand Jury duty today and we had to deal with a couple of felony "Dog Lover" cases ....   :-[

In any case, my Jack has asked to stay home from this one and for me to have a great time!

Lannis

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 04:52:11 PM by Lannis »

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2015, 04:55:21 PM »
In my experience, that tends to be be too "subjective" and too hard to enforce.   Much more effective to just not get it started.

"So, which of these SOBs here complained about it, huh?   Was it just one guy?   I've got to leave because of just one guy, do I?"

"So what are you going to do, MAKE me leave?   Gonna call the cops, huh?  Or are you man enough to try it yourself?"

I'm just saying what I've experienced.   I won't be making any rules, I'll just be appreciating the rally organizers' issues and following their rules.   But for some reason, some of the most abusive and horrible people I've met, in or out of rallies, have been "dog lovers".   That's a sad commentary on humans, given how loyal and loving that dogs actually are .....

Or maybe I'm just affected by the fact that I had Grand Jury duty today and we had to deal with a couple of felony "Dog Lover" cases ....   :-[

In any case, my Jack has asked to stay home from this one and for me to have a great time!

Lannis

Your response beat my revision, in any case, I will find out before the rally and whether I come with my dog or not I/we will keep a very low profile while attending as usual. Just so you know.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2015, 05:07:23 PM »
Your response beat my revision, in any case, I will find out before the rally and whether I come with my dog or not I/we will keep a very low profile while attending as usual. Just so you know.

I like being around good dogs.   I hope they can come to the rally and that the humans behave as well as they do!!   Although that's pretty standard operating procedure for a Guzzi rally ..... humans behaving well .....

Lannis

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2015, 06:38:03 PM »
Hmmmmmm.....  I have to pretty much agree Lannis on this one.  I love dogs - especially other peoples' dogs because they to feed, wash, pay vet bills for, etc., them, but if the rally organizers have had problems in the past or otherwise are concerned about problems, that's their call.  On the other hand, I've been involved with running the DC area's British & European Classic Motorcycle Day for a number of years & we've had a small no. of dogs attending each year (I wonder if we charged them admission???) with no problems that I'm aware of, including no leaving of uncleaned-up poop.  Maybe our event just attracts a different breed of enthusiast...  Of course, we do have a small but very visible police presence at our event, so we wouldn't have to call very far to get help if we did ever have a problem.  We also have a Norton Club weekend rally every September, usually with a few dogs in attendance, & I don't recall any problems with them.  The club members themselves, on the other hand....  :o
JC

oldbike54

« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2015, 07:27:11 PM »

The dog is welcome at our Cedar Vale KS NAR in April , as long as he , or she , gets along with Cricket , our official CV NAR rally dog  :D Does he , or she , like hush puppies ? ;D

Dusty

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2015, 08:18:16 PM »
Really kinda sorry I brought it up.

oldbike54

« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2015, 08:23:11 PM »

No need for that , it is a legitimate question . The dog is your riding buddy , and probably more well behaved than a couple of my riding buddies  ;D

Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2015, 08:47:55 PM »
No way no how am I touching that one  ;D Cool dog though  ;-T

Dusty

dilligaf

« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2015, 06:36:23 AM »
No way no how am I touching that one  ;D Cool dog though  ;-T

Dusty

:+1  Dogs and kids. :BEER:
Matt
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 06:36:58 AM by dilligaf »

Offline Nick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2015, 07:42:19 AM »

John,
I think I saw your dog at the Maine rally a few years ago.
Check with the campground and if they allow it, bring it.  ;-T
Nick

Offline geoff in almonte

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2015, 08:06:21 AM »
I've met Cooper a couple of times. 

Wonderful little dog.  His driver is responsible and well mannered too!

If the campground allows pets, bring him.

Cheers!

G
Midnight bugs taste best

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2015, 11:10:03 AM »
John,
I think I saw your dog at the Maine rally a few years ago.
Check with the campground and if they allow it, bring it.  ;-T
Nick

This. 
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2015, 11:35:24 AM »
Thanks guys. When the time gets near I will call the campground.

Stay safe, John

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2015, 05:36:24 PM »
Guess who was the first to pre-register back in July of 2014? ;D I sho nuff hope he has a steel cut oats free zone.

Tex

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here