Author Topic: 2015 MGNOC National Rally in New Hampshire - June 18 - 21, 2015  (Read 87753 times)

Offline Aaron D.

• Gaggle Hero
Re: 2015 MGNOC National Rally in New Hampshire - June 18 - 21, 2015
« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2015, 12:25:44 PM »
I saw Chuck-he usually ran away if I tried to approach!

But if I knew you were offering rides, I'd have run after you!

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #211 on: June 22, 2015, 12:27:26 PM »
Lannis was just in front blocking the horizon,  :grin:

Oi, you!   Although I do remember when you won the Best Small Block award, they asked you to stand up ... and you already were .....   :grin:

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #212 on: June 22, 2015, 04:49:25 PM »
The only guy that took me up on a Aero engine demo offer was (zoom zoom) John Henry, I’ll let him tell you what he thinks.

An awesome motorcycle. It is agile, quick, pulls fantastic, and sounds GREAT! Riding it was a blast. Thank You Chuck for the opportunity to do so. :boozing: The Aero Lario is a keeper. :cool:

On another note, I took the opportunity to ride the 300cc scooter they had in the demo fleet. Great fun. :thumb:

John Henry

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #213 on: June 22, 2015, 04:54:49 PM »
As for the rally itself, it was fantastic. A decent venue, great people, the food was good and they were even cooking breakfast Sunday morning when we all were packing up. I left there about 8 AM with Jerry Hylton. We rode for some time in the rain and landed just West of Buffalo where we stopped for the night. That got Jerry half way home and me about 2/3rds. I had an easy ride this morning then spent time drying out the gear, running errands, and some chores. Oh well, all good things come to an end so back to work tomorrow.

John Henry

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #213 on: June 22, 2015, 04:54:49 PM »

Online Howard R

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #214 on: June 22, 2015, 05:04:35 PM »
Another great rally in the books!  Really enjoyed seeing everyone there.

Stolen from Witchy, one of the Massholes 

I didn't get a chance to talk to Melissa very much this time, she (and many others) exercised caution about the weather and left early Saturday.  I did notice that she has her Lario monogrammed! :grin:

Howard
Littlestown, PA  USA

1996 Sport 1100
1998 Centauro

MGNOC # L-707

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #215 on: June 22, 2015, 05:06:25 PM »

I always said Ken would make someone a nice wife!   :thumb:
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Offline gerryp

• Gosling
« Reply #216 on: June 23, 2015, 05:03:22 PM »
I wonder who won my prize donation?

Wasn't me Jim,  it was already gone by the time my number was called.  I did get a MG Black t-shirt to go with all the black ones from the Bennington Bash.

I did get a lot of comemnts/questions on the one already on my V7 and referred people to your site/facebook.

Sorry you couldn't be there hope your feeling better.

Gerry
2015 Guzzi V7 Stone - Gloss Red

Offline mojohand

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #217 on: June 23, 2015, 07:49:55 PM »
Add me to the chorus of those extolling this National! Randy Tefft and crew did a great job--well organized, great food, cool place, wonderful times...many thanks!

Great to see Doug and Jackie and Penny and Frank and Tom and Keith and Nora and Natalie and Ken and Dave and Kathy and Lannis and Zoom and Howard and Cam and Bill and Kathi and Bob and Adrienne and so many others, new friends and old.

My full pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mojohand/sets/72157654919265516

Some samples (captions on the Flickr side of the house):

Whew! And that's just a few. Again, all are on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mojohand/sets/72157654919265516

See ya in Meadows of Dan this weekend for the Virginia Rally!
Richmond, VA, USA
-----
2020 BMW R1250RS
-----
Previous: 2000 Jackal, 04 Breva 750, 06 Breva 1100, 07 Norge, 09 Griso, 12 Norge, 14 FJR, 14 Striple, 16 SpeedTriple, 18 KTM Super Adventure S

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #218 on: June 23, 2015, 07:56:18 PM »

My full pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mojohand/sets/72157654919265516

When I go to Flickr, I only get one page of pics (up to the selfie at the rally site).

Is that Flickr doing it, or my old, weak browser, you think?

Lannis

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #219 on: June 23, 2015, 08:13:47 PM »
Thanks for taking us along, Joe.. pretty much says it all.  :thumb:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Bob Wegman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #220 on: June 23, 2015, 08:49:24 PM »
Myself and my wife had a great time at the rally.  Her first rally.  Thanks Randy and all who put in a huge effort for our enjoyment.
02 EV1100, 2010 V7 Classic, 80 Yamaha 650, 80 Yamaha SR500, 77 Yamaha XS650, 67 Honda 305 Superhawk, 66 Ducati 250 Monza(apart)
MGNOC # 20848
AMA# 548668

Bill Hagan

« Reply #221 on: June 23, 2015, 09:34:09 PM »
Myself and my wife had a great time at the rally.  Her first rally.  Thanks Randy and all who put in a huge effort for our enjoyment.

Indeed.

And, the “adventure” continues.

We are, incredibly, back in Keene!

Spent Sunday and Monday with friends in Cornish.

Long story on Norge, and it's still evolving.

Short version is that Seacoast is a great dealer

More on that soon, but Kyle --  a gifted tech -- fixed my issue (details later), but another, entirely unrelated, arose on way home, albeit only 40 miles from Derry.

Limped back — again, details later; too tired just now — and then Kathi and I returned to Keene as we had already locked in a room here.  We'll drive back to Seacoast in the a.m.

‘Mazing.

Bill

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #222 on: June 24, 2015, 01:41:08 AM »
REALLY bummed that I had to miss it at the last moment due to an inner ear issue that left me unable to walk for DAYS!
Never had anything like that-and with NO warning.

THX for the pictures-looks like a great time was had by all.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #223 on: June 24, 2015, 06:31:40 AM »
Indeed.

And, the �adventure� continues.

We are, incredibly, back in Keene!

Spent Sunday and Monday with friends in Cornish.

Long story on Norge, and it's still evolving.

Short version is that Seacoast is a great dealer

More on that soon, but Kyle --  a gifted tech -- fixed my issue (details later), but another, entirely unrelated, arose on way home, albeit only 40 miles from Derry.

Limped back � again, details later; too tired just now � and then Kathi and I returned to Keene as we had already locked in a room here.  We'll drive back to Seacoast in the a.m.

�Mazing.

Bill

:popcorn: Anxiously awaiting the novel this adventure will elicit, but sorry for your problems. Good to hear of another "good" dealer..

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #224 on: June 24, 2015, 07:34:37 AM »
 :thumb:
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #225 on: June 24, 2015, 04:32:20 PM »
Thanks Randy. You dun good! This wasn't my first rodeo as I've been to all of the Nationals except the last high dollar one in Cal. Randy has been working on this for a year. He won't tell you what the fairgrounds cost or the amount of hours he put in just for our enjoyment. I've been saying for years that Guzzi rallies are too cheap.

Another paltry 4k plus on the Guzzi.

Now for the good news. I got home and for once my clothes were not on the front porch and nothing had been taken by
RepoMo. Locks hadn't been changed like in some of the "good ole days".  Even had enough cigars to get to the Texas line.

Tex, living the good life

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #226 on: June 24, 2015, 04:56:40 PM »
Tex, living the good life

Yep, Aren't we all..  :thumb:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline ccoli

• Gaggle Hero
  • What? Me Worry?
« Reply #227 on: June 25, 2015, 09:02:29 AM »
Judi and I are still in New England. At the farthest point east in the USA, Lubec Maine. Actually having breakfast on Campobello island in New Brunswick.  SPIII still chugging out the miles. Touring Maine for another few days before the blast back to Milwaukee.
Randy really did a bang up job of hosting a bunch of hooligans from near and far.
Wisconsin MGNOC Rep
03 EVT/EML hack, 99 Bassa, SPIII, 3-78 Robins, 75 T3, 74 Eldo, 32 Sport15, Ambo custom.

Offline Tenni138

• New Egg
« Reply #228 on: June 25, 2015, 04:09:27 PM »
Had a great time. Thanks Randy and everyone else that put a lot of work into running a fantastic rally.  I want to also thank the person that offered me their model Tenni they won in the door prize.  I've been part of the Guzzi comunity since I was 6 years old and glad I still am today. Great people and great motorcycles.
Bob

Bill Hagan

« Reply #229 on: June 25, 2015, 06:01:50 PM »
Judi and I are still in New England. ...

We wondered if we should turn out the lights in Swanzey, but see now that you can.  :laugh:

Kathi left from (stupendous) Seacoast Cycles in Derry  -- http://seacoastsport.com -- yesterday after it clear (enough  :wink:) I could make it home on my own.  She has to be at Fort Bragg to help our kids unpack; I wanted to take the "long cut" back to Cross Junction.

I spent the night with friends in Cornish, and had a fine ride today down to Carbondale where I am in what is undoubtedly the newest and high-end Best Western in that chain ... and I am not damning with faint praise. 

Back home in no hurry tomorrow.

:popcorn: Anxiously awaiting the novel this adventure will elicit, but sorry for your problems. Good to hear of another "good" dealer..

The illustrated novel is in the works.   :boozing:

Bill

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #230 on: June 25, 2015, 06:05:49 PM »
We wondered if we should turn out the lights in Swanzey, but see now that you can.  :laugh:

Kathi left from (stupendous) Seacoast Cycles in Derry  -- http://seacoastsport.com -- yesterday after it clear (enough  :wink:) I could make it home on my own.  She has to be at Fort Bragg to help our kids unpack; I wanted to take the "long cut" back to Cross Junction.

I spent the night with friends in Cornish, and had a fine ride today down to Carbondale where I am in what is undoubtedly the newest and high-end Best Western in that chain ... and I am not damning with faint praise. 

Back home in no hurry tomorrow.

Bill

:popcorn:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline Green1

• New Egg
« Reply #231 on: June 25, 2015, 07:45:26 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks to those who showed me around on Sat,it was appreciated and again thanks others stelvio owners who shared info on their bikes and seats,i gotta do something with my seat.Being new to the Moto Guzzi family I shur did learn a lot.They say we Canadians are friendly but the Rally crew rocked
Never argue with an idiot, people watching can't tell the difference

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #232 on: June 25, 2015, 08:10:39 PM »

Bill

Will the novel end with the Norge being sold on in shame?   Was this the sort of 21st century over-teched silliness that we sometimes see, or something that could happen to, say, an SP?

Enquiring minds ....  :evil:

Lannis

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #233 on: June 25, 2015, 09:51:16 PM »
I enjoyed looking at the pictures and reading the accounts of the National Rally.

Tonight I was chatting on the phone with a friend as I scrolled through the pictures and I happened to notice the "Mr. Nevada Lives" T-shirt on one attendee.

A friend at the rally had already informed me that he had seen more than one such Nevada shirt still in existence.

The irony is that the friend with whom I was chatting tonight was The Great One himself.

I am happy to inform everyone who remembers our infamous lord that Mr. Nevada is indeed very much alive and well.  He continues his antics, escapades, foibles and unintended predicaments with a fervor that has not abated.

Sometimes I really wonder how long his roller coaster ride can continue but it keeps rolling along its merry way.  Nevada is still inflated with joy at the sight of KK doughnuts speeding off the cooking line and his other more amorous pursuits have landed him in jeopardy time after time.

Also, rest assured that Skate is still the same and very much on the scene.  The two are in a perpetual state of friendship flux that has persisted since the transmission oil debacle a few years ago. 

This is all a sometimes unbelievable play that is going on in reality and proves that truth can be stranger than fiction.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 06:35:45 AM by leafman60 »

Offline H-E-ROSS

• New Egg
« Reply #234 on: June 25, 2015, 10:09:52 PM »
Had an excellent time as a day tripper from Northampton Mass. Thanks Randy for hosting a first class event.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #235 on: June 26, 2015, 02:29:34 AM »
I just got home yesterday.  Spent most of the day recovering from jet lag.  Randy and Natalie did a great job with the rally.  Had to leave a day earlier because the flights were messed up out of JFK.  LLLLong day of air travel.  Back to work tomorrow.  Next month, Billings.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #236 on: June 26, 2015, 06:59:41 AM »
I enjoyed looking at the pictures and reading the accounts of the National Rally.

Tonight I was chatting on the phone with a friend as I scrolled through the pictures and I happened to notice the "Mr. Nevada Lives" T-shirt on one attendee.

A friend at the rally had already informed me that he had seen more than one such Nevada shirt still in existence.

The irony is that the friend with whom I was chatting tonight was The Great One himself.

I am happy to inform everyone who remembers our infamous lord that Mr. Nevada is indeed very much alive and well.  He continues his antics, escapades, foibles and unintended predicaments with a fervor that has not abated.

Sometimes I really wonder how long his roller coaster ride can continue but it keeps rolling along its merry way.  Nevada is still inflated with joy at the sight of KK doughnuts speeding off the cooking line and his other more amorous pursuits have landed him in jeopardy time after time.

Also, rest assured that Skate is still the same and very much on the scene.  The two are in a perpetual state of friendship flux that has persisted since the transmission oil debacle a few years ago. 

This is all a sometimes unbelievable play that is going on in reality and proves that truth can be stranger than fiction.

Thanks for the update, David.. that was me. Lannis had a Mr. Nevada t shirt, too, although he probably had to source it at the tent and awning shop.. :evil: :cheesy:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #237 on: June 26, 2015, 07:25:55 AM »
Thanks for the update, David.. that was me. Lannis had a Mr. Nevada t shirt, too, although he probably had to source it at the tent and awning shop.. :evil: :cheesy:

Ah, nothing like friends to back you up when you need it .....  :boozing:  :boxing:

And I did assure Blackcat at the rally that, although the fun doesn't depend on whether Mr. Nevada is real or not, I do believe he's real, I actually know his real name (I think), and though I know people that do SOME of the things Mr. Nevada does, I don't know anyone who does ALL the things he does.

Wearing of the (size XL, by the way, NOT the XXXXL Extra Fat edition) shirt is meant to encourage the narration of the further adventures of the great one ....

Lannis

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #238 on: June 26, 2015, 07:55:01 AM »
Hey! I didn't say anything about fat.. just big.  :grin:  When someone comments, though.. it's generally a chance to meet a fellow WG inmate.

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #239 on: June 26, 2015, 08:37:48 AM »
You can sit closer to him next time on the Forum table.  :grin:  Had some good discussions with everyone on the table.  Should have paid attention and rode your bike.  Bummer.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here