Author Topic: Rear rack/pannier supports. (Also, a minor review of the OEM rack/supports)  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Toecutter

• Gaggle Hero
So, I ordered the "small" rear rack and the bag supports from Guzzi.

The "small" rear rack showed, looks good, nicely made, solid. Has a weight restriction of.... 3 kg. No, I'm not missing a zero in there. 3. Three. WTF is a 3 kg rear rack good for? A bag of cheetos and a pepsi?

The pannier supports looked good, but I won't b e using them, as only one showed, and the second won't be here until the end of September.

So...

I need a rear rack and pannier supports. Preferably black. Would like suggestions.

Thank you.
Old enough to say I've done it, young enough to do it again.

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Well, sure 6.6# isn't much, but all luggage racks I've ever seen on bikes were rated pretty low to begin with, maybe the highest I've seen was 10 or MAYBE 20#. I don't think anyone pays more than a passing attention to the ratings. Just don't go crazy.

As for recommendations it would be helpful to know what bike you're talking about, but that said I usually go with Hepco & Beckers. Even if I sometimes have to powder coat then black myself.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Toecutter

• Gaggle Hero
Fair enough.

V7.

My bigger concern with the rear rack is the fact it only has two mounting points, at the rear of the grab rails.
Old enough to say I've done it, young enough to do it again.

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
Fair enough.

V7.

My bigger concern with the rear rack is the fact it only has two mounting points, at the rear of the grab rails.

I found the price of the rear rack was too high, when all I wanted to do was attach a Givi topbox on my Breva 750.  Having shelled out for the H & B pannier mounts, I just fabricated a small bracket to the universal Givi mount.  Solid as ....

Can supply pictures if requested.

Wildguzzi.com

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here