Author Topic: 1989 MilleGT on eBay  (Read 11124 times)

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
Re: 1989 MilleGT on eBay
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2015, 04:14:34 PM »
My first thought was "I hope a heat gun and some elbow grease will get that thing off .... "   Are they valuable or something?

Lannis

Mostly to the vintage Harley crowd, I think.  I could be wrong, though - it has happened before, but don't tell my wife.
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Offcamber1

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2015, 08:17:30 PM »
Are they valuable or something?

Only if you were building plastic model cars in the mid-1960s.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2015, 08:18:17 AM »
Only if you were building plastic model cars in the mid-1960s.

I was all into plastic model airplanes in the 60's; the "hot rods" seemed silly to me even then .... !
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2015, 02:28:14 PM »
I got a cancelled notification and assumed someone bought it directly.  I think the black Mille is a beautiful bike, but no way I can go that high.  I'd still have to deal with shipping and Cal DMV.

It was obviously tanking badly the 2nd time around on Ebay so he pulled it so as to not drag his webpage price down. This dealer has no knowledge of Guzzi's and or is just plain bone headed about pricing. He has pages of bikes listed but I have no knowledge if those bikes are =y over priced as the Mille.
If I remember correctly I paid $5200 or $5700 new for my Red 90 Mille in 1991. I bought it from Fran the Importer at Moto America in Lillington NC who had cash flow problems and was selling bikes dirt cheap that summer. He got his butt in a sling after and that's when the dealers took him on and shut down his retail side as he was killing them by  underpricing Guzzi's.
Red 90 Mille GT

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2015, 02:28:14 PM »

Offline mentalfloss

• Hatchling
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2015, 07:40:50 PM »
My first thought was "I hope a heat gun and some elbow grease will get that thing off .... "   Are they valuable or something?

Lannis

NO! Just cool to me....lol
Guzzi's in the barn then and ... now:
2013 Guzzi Stelvio
1986 Guzzi V 65 TT (keeper!)
1985 Guzzi Le Mans IV ( sold after riding 26k miles on it)
1980 Guzzi v50 II (sweet! and sold)
2009 Guzzi Stelvio (Rode it 30k + in 2 years sad but gone)
2000 Guzzi Quota (sold but want another!

Online kmartin

• Hatchling
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2015, 01:35:51 PM »

It was obviously tanking badly the 2nd time around on Ebay so he pulled it so as to not drag his webpage price down. This dealer has no knowledge of Guzzi's and or is just plain bone headed about pricing. He has pages of bikes listed but I have no knowledge if those bikes are =y over priced as the Mille.
If I remember correctly I paid $5200 or $5700 new for my Red 90 Mille in 1991. I bought it from Fran the Importer at Moto America in Lillington NC who had cash flow problems and was selling bikes dirt cheap that summer. He got his butt in a sling after and that's when the dealers took him on and shut down his retail side as he was killing them by  underpricing Guzzi's.

I find it really attractive, maybe it's just me.  His website say's not title in NH, I'm not convinced I can even register it in the great communist state of CA.  Gotta just turn away, can't look or I'll get myself in trouble.
Keith Martin

oldbike54

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2015, 01:48:52 PM »
I find it really attractive, maybe it's just me.  His website say's not title in NH, I'm not convinced I can even register it in the great communist state of CA.  Gotta just turn away, can't look or I'll get myself in trouble.

Most states , even California or Oklahoma (gasp) , will recognize other state's rules regarding vehicle registration . If a vehicle has legal documentation from NH , bet Cali will accept it . So now that you are out of excuses ... :evil:

Dusty

Online kmartin

• Hatchling
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2015, 02:11:21 PM »
Most states , even California or Oklahoma (gasp) , will recognize other state's rules regarding vehicle registration . If a vehicle has legal documentation from NH , bet Cali will accept it . So now that you are out of excuses ... :evil:

Dusty

Damn

At least the price is still too high ...
Keith Martin

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2015, 12:48:14 PM »

Dusty

D-Dude,
I do not know about MCs in Ca. but cars are different. In NC they stopped emission testing from 1995: only from 1996 forward requires emissions (some rural counties do not even do emissions).  So I gave my wife's daughter a 1991 Honda Civic that did not need an emission test in NC yet she took it to California and had to pass emissions. She got another 100K out of it after I gave it to here with a 140K miles on it. Ran forever.
Red 90 Mille GT

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here