Author Topic: Trip insurance  (Read 622 times)

Offline Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
Trip insurance
« on: May 06, 2024, 06:49:42 PM »
We are considering the Guzzi tour of Sicily in October,then a trip to Greece for a cruise.Has anyone bought such insurance ,has it been good,what would it cover and would you do it again?

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Trip insurance
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2024, 06:46:58 AM »
We are considering the Guzzi tour of Sicily in October,then a trip to Greece for a cruise.Has anyone bought such insurance ,has it been good,what would it cover and would you do it again?
Every single time for 6 Europes.
Tourinsure.
I rang up after the first year and Heidimarie asked me if I still had my Norge…!
Because all the details lined up, I just said “2 months please”, and sent the money through. The green documents landed at the London depot one week later…
Those Germans…Das is Goot…!

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 05:49:09 PM »

Trip insurance as in insurance to cover the trip if you cannot make it or have to leave early or trip insurance as in health insurance if there is a accident or medical issue?

I am going to Canada in a few weeks and am debating on getting medical insurance.
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2024, 06:00:58 PM »
Trip insurance as in insurance to cover the trip if you cannot make it or have to leave early or trip insurance as in health insurance if there is a accident or medical issue?

I am going to Canada in a few weeks and am debating on getting medical insurance.
All of the above.Medicare doesn’t cover us in EuropeI hear.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2024, 06:00:58 PM »

Offline moto

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Potrebbe andare peggio, potrebbe piovere!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 08:25:17 PM »
There is yet another kind of insurance that evacuates you back to the States if you are not able to take a regular airplane because of your condition following an accident or I suppose a sickness. (My father had such a policy, he told me.) What, me worry?

Might be worth considering.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 08:27:06 PM by moto »
850 T-3
Griso 1100 corretto
2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350
Italjet Buccaneer 250 (ex-SSR) -- now sold
credit for 2500+ postings lost in the database meltdown of Feb 9, 2020

Offline Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2024, 06:42:06 AM »
Yep,saw that .

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2024, 08:06:37 AM »
As a rule of thumb we tend to self-insure consumer purchases (no extended warranties etc).

But when we took the kids to Ireland (and were supposed to go to Italy too, including Lake Como) back in early 2020 something made me say "yeah, get the trip insurance".

And I'm happy to say we got a couple of thousand back to cover our evacuation flight from Ireland which was shutting down for - restrictions.

Maybe a fluke, but I'm thinking I might buy travel insurance again.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Joliet Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Justus Esto, Et Non Metue
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2024, 08:35:48 AM »
When I was younger I never worried about health insurance when traveling. Last year we were in Ireland for three weeks and Canada for another three. No med insurance just trip insurance on the Ireland trip. Canada was prior. Next time we'll be buying a package that covers trip interruption, med, and auto. That said there are still plenty of places in the US I still need to see.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 08:37:13 AM by Joliet Jim »
1975 T160 Triumph Trident "Spot"
2002 Cali Stone "Moby Dick"
1998 Centauro "Psycho Chicken"
2003 Buell Blast "Pegasus"

Offline Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2024, 06:51:41 PM »
As a rule of thumb we tend to self-insure consumer purchases (no extended warranties etc).

But when we took the kids to Ireland (and were supposed to go to Italy too, including Lake Como) back in early 2020 something made me say "yeah, get the trip insurance".

And I'm happy to say we got a couple of thousand back to cover our evacuation flight from Ireland which was shutting down for - restrictions.

Maybe a fluke, but I'm thinking I might buy travel insurance again.
who did you deal with?

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2024, 06:30:28 AM »
My sister is a professional cruise ship agent.  She has hundreds of stories that confirm the need for trip insurance as lots of unexpected things happen.
I also use MedJet.  They will arrange for travel back to to the USA if needed.  300 or so bucks a year vs maybe 100K if you really needed it.  As a bonus, it's valid for all your travels.  There ARE a few sticking points to be aware of with MedJet but if you needed it the potential to save literately 6 figures is covered.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2024, 07:02:50 AM »
who did you deal with?

Sorry, I have no idea (not my department in the marital division of labor) - I THINK it was something through one of the big travel websites.

It was also the last time we booked flights through one of the big travel websites, because the airlines were not cooperative. If we had booked direct there was more they'd have been willing to do.

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2024, 11:41:35 AM »
Just bought travel insurance to Canada. Didn't really care about trip cancellation/interruption, baggage reimbursement, car rental damage etc was more interested in the medical coverage/limits and evacuation parts of the policy.

$41.00 to cover 12 days of travel with the highlights below. Fingers crossed the insurer made $41.00 and I don't need to use the policy. 

Non - Medical Emergency Evacuation   $150,000
Accident and Sickness Medical Expense $100,000
Dental Sublimit   $ 750
Emergency Evacuation/Medically Necessary $ 1,000,000

2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline paulbricey

• New Egg
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2024, 01:36:48 PM »
Just make sure you choose 'motorcycle travel insurance' - normal travel insurance may well not cover accidents on/with motorbikes......sin ce the Guzzi tour already includes 3rd party insurance, not sure how to avoid double-dipping on that.

Either way, the tour looks fantastic & hits all the best places  :thumb:
Riding to live

Offline Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2024, 02:16:24 PM »
Just bought travel insurance to Canada. Didn't really care about trip cancellation/interruption, baggage reimbursement, car rental damage etc was more interested in the medical coverage/limits and evacuation parts of the policy.

$41.00 to cover 12 days of travel with the highlights below. Fingers crossed the insurer made $41.00 and I don't need to use the policy. 

Non - Medical Emergency Evacuation   $150,000
Accident and Sickness Medical Expense
Dental Sublimit   $ 750
Emergency Evacuation/Medically Necessary $ 1,000,000
Bargain!

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2024, 05:47:04 PM »
I got mine through Emergency Assistance Plus.  Good program but it's through the American Legion. 
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2024, 07:32:00 AM »
Exclusions and limitations:

Benefits are not payable for any loss due to, arising or resulting from:

1. suicide, attempted suicide or any intentionally self-inflicted injury of You, a Traveling
Companion, Family Member or Business Partner booked to travel with You, while sane or
insane;
2. an act of declared or undeclared war;
3. participating in maneuvers or training exercises of an armed service, except while participating
in weekend or summer training for the reserve forces of the United States, including the
National Guard;
4. riding or driving in races, or speed or endurance competitions or events;
5. mountaineering (engaging in the sport of scaling mountains generally requiring the use of
picks, ropes, or other special equipment);
6. participating as a member of a team in an organized sporting competition or participating as a
professional in a stunt, athletic or sporting event or competition;
7. participating in bodily contact sports, skydiving or parachuting except parasailing, hang
gliding, bungee cord jumping, extreme skiing, skiing outside marked trails or heli-skiing,
spelunking or caving, or scuba diving if the depth exceeds 120 feet (40 meters) or if You are
not certified to dive and a dive master is not present during the dive;
8. piloting or learning to pilot or acting as a member of the crew of any aircraft;
9. being Intoxicated as defined herein, or under the influence of any controlled substance unless
as administered or prescribed by a Legally Qualified Physician;
10. the commission of or attempt to commit a felony or being engaged in an illegal occupation;
11. normal childbirth or pregnancy (except Complications of Pregnancy or as specifically provided
under Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption) or voluntarily induced abortion;
12. dental treatment (except as coverage is otherwise specifically provided herein);
13. amounts which exceed the Maximum Benefit Amount for each coverage as shown in the
Confirmation of Benefits;
14. due to a Pre-Existing Condition, as defined in the Policy. The Pre-Existing Condition Limitation
does not apply to the Emergency Medical Evacuation or return of remains coverage;
15. any amount paid or payable under any Worker’s Compensation, Disability Benefit or similar
law;
16. a loss or damage caused by detention, confiscation or destruction by customs;
17. Elective Treatment and Procedures;
18. Complications from Elective Treatment and Procedures otherwise not payable under this
Policy;
19. medical treatment during or arising from a Trip undertaken for the purpose or intent of
securing medical treatment;
20. a mental or nervous condition, unless hospitalized for that condition while the Policy is in
effect for You;
21. due to loss or damage (including death or injury) and any associated cost or expense resulting
directly from the discharge, explosion or use of any device, weapon or material employing or
involving chemical, biological, radiological or similar agents, whether in time of peace or war,
and regardless of who commits the act and regardless of any other sequence there
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2024, 08:36:29 AM »
Thanks,what Company?

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2024, 11:48:55 AM »
Thanks,what Company?

Travel Insured International
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2024, 03:55:38 PM »
Was there an age restriction? Most stop at 75.
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys
L-196, L-197

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2024, 06:37:12 PM »
Was there an age restriction? Most stop at 75.

I won't be able to answer that question until 2049.
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here