Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Traveling by Van
« Last post by Testarossa on Today at 12:39:08 AM »
Something similar: Built an insulated AWD van six years ago and have traveled all over the West with it. Can carry a 400 lb bike on the back. I use it for skiing a lot -- all the water tanks are inside the insulated space.

General Discussion / Re: Guzzis in the Jame Bond film "Octopussy"
« Last post by Turin on Today at 12:14:27 AM »
I associate that film with that fantastic chase scene featuring a silver Alfa Romeo GTV6.
General Discussion / Re: Drifting offÖ
« Last post by Huzo on January 26, 2023, 11:59:45 PM »
Well, itís time to drag special relativity into this. Think about possible futures for a moment. If you are standing still, your possible futures are all around you, 360 degrees. Take a step and your possible future is influenced to be in that direction. As you go faster, your possible future becomes increasingly limited to that direction. As you approach the speed of light, deviation from that line become almost impossible and we get the curiosity of thread drift.
Winter gets long in the frozen hemisphere.
Yes.
I have long thought this is also true when on the bike. At very low speeds, you can be hit by many things that appear from the side..(Deer, rabbits, kangaroos, vehicles etcÖ)
But as you go faster, the chance of hitting something from the side becomes less, because anything that darts out from the side will not intersect your position before you have passed. Itís kind of like a triangle in front of you in the horizontal plane, with the apex at your front wheel and the base in the distance.
Your future lies in this triangle.
As you speed up, the base gets further away it also gets shorter, until at extreme speeds almost nothing can get you unless itís virtually dead ahead.
It will end up being a straight line of diminishing width at the extreme.
Imagine moving down the road at 1000 km/h. It becomes almost impossible to be hit from the side, but equally impossible to miss anything that is on a collision course.
When you look at the road as you accelerate, this can be seen as the edges begin to blur at the point of expansion.
General Discussion / Re: Harley-Davidson Will Soon Be All-Electric, CEO Says
« Last post by krglorioso on January 26, 2023, 10:21:53 PM »
Kballowe:  Lovely bike, but I fear there is a tiny dust mote on the rear cylinder, 4th fin from the bottom.  You need to be careful about things like that.  This is a serious publication, after all.

Ralph
General Discussion / Re: Lust List
« Last post by spmoto on January 26, 2023, 10:20:54 PM »
Foto!!!
That V11 Le Mans sidecar rig is truly worthy of LUST.
« Last post by Shorty on January 26, 2023, 10:19:08 PM »

Nice. A little too forward lean for the old fat boy.  :grin:
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on January 26, 2023, 10:08:32 PM »
1. Benelli 750 Sei (working on buying one)
2. Royal Enfield 650 INT
3. Yamaha XT500 w/XT600E engine, forks and swingarm (may build it myself)
4. Guzzi Astore or Falcone
General Discussion / Re: Grimeca Brake Calipers -Semi Guzzi Content
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on January 26, 2023, 10:05:34 PM »
I don't know of any Guzzi that used Grimeca brakes - maybe some of the small models that the US never got?

Are you sure the bleed hole in your master cylinder isn't blocked and not allowing fluid to return? Classics symptoms of that.

To answer your questions:
1. Morini 500, 350 K2 (2), 3 1/2 Strada, MZ Saxon Country 500 and Silver Star Classic 500
2. None other than age related (leaky seals)
3. Bought a rebuild kit (Ariete kit for the second 350 K2 master cylinder)
4. Storz Performance used to be a source for parts, but that seems to have ended. Some Brembo parts fit, on some calipers. My friend Jarl needed seals and pistons for the 38 mm calipers from his 500 Strada - F08 seals and pistons fit perfectly. Google Ariete - they're an Italian company that makes rubber bits, "valtermotousa" on ebay sells a lot of their stuff.
General Discussion / Re: Grimeca Brake Calipers -Semi Guzzi Content
« Last post by nc43bsa on January 26, 2023, 09:57:43 PM »
I roadraced a Skorpion for three years with the OEM Grimeca brakes (aside from the hoses & pads) and never had a bit of problem.

I did flush the fluid yearly.
General Discussion / Re: White LeMans
« Last post by Scout63 on January 26, 2023, 09:44:53 PM »
my 850 le mans 2
love the white....

Thatís just lovely.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here