Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Let's calm down. This member is not a spammer. We have members here that have been members for 10+ years and have never posted. Yet, they still donate. A lot of members like the search option and choose not to engage as they only look for solutions.

If you don't like something you see here, simply scroll on by. I do it all the time, and it's so easy a caveman can do it :evil:

Luap
General Discussion / Re: introduction and question
« Last post by blu guzz on October 05, 2024, 08:01:09 AM »
You know, we are only talking about 40 rear wheel horsepower here.  Of course, it is enough to get in trouble with if you ride over your head.  Even a moped can be dangerous.  As a seasoned rider, I really don't see you having a problem with power on either bike.  On your test ride, remember that the Guzzi is not a Harley so keep the engine spinning over 3,000 at a minimum and 3,500 as a preference.  Otherwise, you probably won't understand how it is meant to run or enjoy it very much.  If this bike is used, check the tire condition as they do not feel their best with worn tires and take that into consideration.  It should feel very light and willing to turn.  They are very sensitive to tires. 
Let us know what you thought whichever direction you go.
« Last post by Vagrant on October 05, 2024, 07:58:34 AM »
We are all assuming you are referring to a new v7-850 not a 2010 or so. Is that right? If so buy the v7.
« Last post by faffi on October 05, 2024, 03:04:57 AM »
Also a good (non Guzzi) garage can of course work on the V7. Everything but turn off the wrench icon I imagine..

Interestingly enough, mine have 9000 miles on it, and service lamp have never lit up...
« Last post by majstevetrevor on October 04, 2024, 10:05:31 PM »
Also a good (non Guzzi) garage can of course work on the V7. Everything but turn off the wrench icon I imagine..
General Discussion / Re: Thinking of Asheville north to Johnson City…
« Last post by cliffrod on October 04, 2024, 08:38:57 PM »
if you are implying that I am a critic, you are completely off base.

I interpreted your quoting of me as “true, but…” in a similar way.   

Some do follow paths.  Others like me who were born & raised as farmers or similar simply look around & realize that if it can flood, it will flood.  Water does what water does.  That’s why I’ve only lived in or even visited such places in passing.  It doesn’t make seeing the eventual destruction less awe inspiring.  It just reinforces why always paying attention matters.

It’s my understanding that the Flood of 1916 was significant but still not on the scale of Helena.  1916 was basically a result of converging systems while Helena was one big storm.   This is a short comparative overview-  https://www.yahoo.com/news/hurricane-helene-vs-great-flood-195919483.html
Give it a rest Kev.  You waited 7 months to see?  Really?  Wait until you retire and really have all that time on your hands.  LOL!
General Discussion / Re: Norge Broken tabs info
« Last post by twowings on October 04, 2024, 08:06:34 PM »
There are kits available to repair the plastics that MG used on the Norge.  Replaced several on my '08 Norge.
General Discussion / Re: Thinking of Asheville north to Johnson City…
« Last post by blackcat on October 04, 2024, 07:48:38 PM »

At this point, talk doesn’t matter much.  It is what it is.   I’m pretty sure the people who got hammered would rather have a helping hand than a critic telling them what they should have done when that advice was somewhat inadequate.

if you are implying that I am a critic, you are completely off base.
« Last post by jrt on October 04, 2024, 07:11:38 PM »
Folks are mentioning how easy the maintenance is, without saying what it is.   And it is pretty easy-
oil change- drains out the drain bolt.  You'll need a new crush washer and some would suggest using a torque wrench, but some will say it isn't necessary.
less common filter change- one bolt and you'll need a new crush washer.  Rarely, you might need to replace an o-ring.
Both of those are on the bottom of the crankcase.
Rarely change the oil in the transmission and the final drive.  Some bikes (some years??? has this been addressed) are very sensitive the volume of oil in the final drive. 
The most involved maintenance is setting the valves (used to be 2000 miles, I suspect it is much longer now between service intervals).  For this, you remove the spark plugs, pop off the valve covers, and put the engine at exhaust TDC (use 5th gear and turn the rear wheel).  Measure with a feeler gauge, set them if needed.  They are solid lifters, adjustment is just a locknut and screw.  Then replace the valve cover.  First one side, then the other.
It takes about as much time as it took me to write that (well, ok, a bit longer).  It is about that simple.
In truth- you'll probably never use the ABS.  If you really need to- it works and slows you down faster than skidding a rear tire and less drama than washing out a front tire. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here