Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
General Discussion / Loopframe sidestand / foorboard question
« Last post by bigbikerrick on April 22, 2024, 11:51:43 AM »
Hello Folks , I have a 73 civilian eldorado, that has the long Dan Brown "surfboard" floorboards that I like very much. The civilian kickstand I have never been impressed with. A friend gave me the bottom mount part ,and  a police sidestand, with about 2" of chrome crash bar left where the top was cut off. I would have to cut a civilian crash bar in the same spot, and have it welded to the police base, for It to work. My question is would the big police stand even fit/ work with the big  DB surfboards?  Will it fold up correctly, or would the boards be in the way?
  Im sure that if its possible, someone has seen one set up this way through the years?
Thanks,
Rick
Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only / Re: 76 Convert Restoration
« Last post by Dave Swanson on April 22, 2024, 11:45:26 AM »
Thats going to be the nicest Convert in the country!   :bow: The rubber boot on the clutch arm looks like a good repop. Is there any chance the gent will make some more,and sell them? Ive been running mine without it, but that area sure seems to accumulate alot of road grunge after a while.
Rick D.

Charlie donated his best boot to Chad for producing a few of these.  I have sent him an email. 
General Discussion / Re: Guardia D'Onore Day in Daville, IL
« Last post by adventurelounger on April 22, 2024, 11:19:49 AM »
Now you guys just need matching Corrazieri outfits.

(BTW welcome…new GDO guy here too!)

Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only / Re: 76 Convert Restoration
« Last post by bigbikerrick on April 22, 2024, 11:17:38 AM »
Thats going to be the nicest Convert in the country!   :bow: The rubber boot on the clutch arm looks like a good repop. Is there any chance the gent will make some more,and sell them? Ive been running mine without it, but that area sure seems to accumulate alot of road grunge after a while.
Rick D.
General Discussion / Re: Static Timing
« Last post by n3303j on April 22, 2024, 10:15:49 AM »
Works like a charm. Safe and easy as the advance is hidden behind the mounting plates unlike vintage Ural and BMW. Too bad they don't make adjustable points for Moto Guzzi like they did on early Chevrolet.  I remember the door in the side of the distributor for access to the adjusting screw for setting dwell (gap)

You do need an auxiliary fuel supply though as this adjustment is done with the tank removed.
« Last post by bigbikerrick on April 22, 2024, 10:09:02 AM »
Thats aninteresting way of setting the timing, Ron.  :thumb: I have never tried it that way.
Rick.
General Discussion / Re: V7 III Arrow Scrambler Exhaust—Missing dB killer
« Last post by Dave Swanson on April 22, 2024, 09:58:27 AM »
It would be extremely rare for one manufacturer's db killer to be interchangeable with another.   Perhaps a Guzzi dealer has an Arrow db killer on a shelf that was left behind when removed. 
General Discussion / V7 III Arrow Scrambler Exhaust—Missing dB killer
« Last post by Dirk_S on April 22, 2024, 09:27:24 AM »
This V7 III that I bought from a NY salvage auction came with an Arrow scrambler exhaust, and it appears that the dB killer is missing. When looking for one, does any aftermarket dB killer work? Do I need to know certain measurements?

russian image hosting site
« Last post by n3303j on April 22, 2024, 09:24:42 AM »
The actual procedure often proceeds as follows.
Set gaps.
Rotate distributor to set RH cylinder timing.
Move point plate to set LH cylinder.
When plate does not move sufficiently elongate slots with a file.
When LH timing is still off "tweak" point gap to get correct LH timing.

Then you are set until rubbing blocks wear.

From then on I set timing with a light on a running engine by slightly loosening the point securing screw and using a screwdriver in the slot for moving the points base. Then snugging up the point anchor screws.

This way there are no feeler gages fighting with bumps on the points and the timing is correct for each cylinder. Sort of like setting adjustable points with a "dwell tach".
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on April 22, 2024, 09:24:22 AM »
Some of my most frustrating problems were the result of electronic ignitions going intermittent.

I see the occasional Dyna issue crop up on this site. Device sometimes leaves rider looking for a trailer.

Never had points / coil /condenser be anything but reliable. First set of points on my T3 passed the 50K mile mark before I changed them out of guilt.

(Just converted my Ural to points after expensive lessons from PowerArc.) The confidence this simple system provides....

Original points and condensers in my '76 Convert, now at 51k miles. Set them in '17 when I got it on the road, 33k miles ago. I check them each Spring - still where I set the gap, timing hasn't moved. A little dab of Bosch Distributor Grease and they're good to go.

My '90 Cal III has what looks like it's original points as well, at 45k miles. Neither bike required any modification to the points plate or "fudging" of the gaps to set the timing for both cylinders.

Seen my share of dead Dynas, never again.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here