Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: Dr. John RIP
« Last post by nc43bsa on February 23, 2024, 10:57:29 PM »
I was certain it was AI written by the end of the first paragraph. Hard to analyse why precisely.

Some pointers

It's highly repetitive

Many sentences, although long, actually convey no factual information

If you were to replace the main nouns, in this case John Wittner, Moto Guzzi motorcycles and Pennsylvania with two other names and another place name, the article would still make just as much (or as little) sense. 

Frankly, an AI obituary is probably the most soulless thing I've encountered in a long time.

I came to the same conclusion but I couldn't quite articulate why.  Your description nailed it.   :thumb:
General Discussion / Re: Pilot Jet circuit blocked bizarely
« Last post by Fontain25 on February 23, 2024, 10:14:09 PM »
I straighten a paper clip out and put a very tiny [1mm?] 90* bend on the end with pliers and then use it to "fish" such things out.
General Discussion / Re: Guzzi no start
« Last post by John A on February 23, 2024, 10:06:52 PM »
Sounds like corrosion on contacts could be contributing. Test the battery for sure, maybe it was trained to break down at home  :grin:
« Last post by SED on February 23, 2024, 10:02:12 PM »
Yeah, they get stuck.  I've been able to get some out and others not.  Most carbs (older Dellorto, Mikuni, Amal) don't have o-rings to seal the idle screws, instead they rely on the fine threads sealing so I didn't worry about the old o-ring too much.  Apologies for stating the obvious - the area between the tapered tip of the screw and the tapered seat meters the fuel.  Any air leaking down the threads of the idle screw can easily be accommodated by turning the screw out a little more. It least that's how I handled it...

« Last post by John A on February 23, 2024, 09:59:40 PM »
Iíve never seen that one before. Maybe they found a place for the extra orings in the kit, harhar.
Did you get it out? I was thinking if compressed air didnít do the trick, a pin with the end bent might snag it.
General Discussion / Re: Rims for jackal?
« Last post by John A on February 23, 2024, 09:53:48 PM »
I treat the rust around the spokes with a rust converter like Ospho before I paint so I donít have to disassemble the wheel to treat the corrosion.
General Discussion / Re: Rims for jackal?
« Last post by Moda253 on February 23, 2024, 09:10:23 PM »
Well they are pretty rusty inside the rim. But maybe not rusted through all the way yet. Wish I would have snapped a picture. I may have to peel the tires back off and go at em with steel wool.

Thanks for the ideas from all.
General Discussion / Re: Lots of upgrades for V85TT
« Last post by Pescatore on February 23, 2024, 09:07:53 PM »
Thanks, Dodge.
General Discussion / Re: Changing oils on my 1200 Sport
« Last post by willowstreetguzziguy on February 23, 2024, 08:47:38 PM »
That's what I do. Makes filling easier, and also allows me to make sure that the breather is clear. You still have to remove the 'filler/level' plug to make sure you don't over fill, but it makes filling easier.

Thanks for the info!
Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only / Re: Another Benelli Egg bike
« Last post by kballowe on February 23, 2024, 08:38:37 PM »
This just keeps getting better and better !

:thumb:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here