Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Beeswax oil for zippers
« Last post by 73 sport on Today at 10:31:35 PM »
    I have brass Talon zippers in some of my gear from the '40s from LL Bean. They still work without lubrication.
General Discussion / Re: It's possible I have a problem.......
« Last post by SmithSwede on Today at 10:01:01 PM »
I think you are looking at the wrong guy as having a “problem.” 

Why does somebody buy an expensive motorcycle and then ride it only 206 miles over the course of a year?

I may have bought and sold a lot of motorcycles in my time, but I dang sure RODE and ENJOYED them thoroughly.   

206 miles???
« Last post by SmithSwede on Today at 09:55:26 PM »
I use Breakfree CLP, a light gun oil.  Its major benefit is it does not attract and hold dust and grit. 

I keep a little container of the oil with a small cotton patch soaking in it.  Every Sunday I go over the zippers.  It makes a huge difference in use, and the zippers last much longer.
General Discussion / Re: Bought it
« Last post by Trevor G on Today at 09:43:14 PM »
Well in my opinion, this one of the nicer orphans I’ve come across.

Orphan in the sense of "not being readily serviceable by a motorcycle shop."  :-)
« Last post by 73 sport on Today at 09:27:16 PM »
  I've used Obaaufs leather treatment products for the last seventy years. My boots, jacket, gloves, holsters, knife sheaths are still in good condition, all extremely used and abused.
« Last post by guzzler on Today at 09:24:18 PM »
 I put a bit of Dubbin on mine when they get a bit hard to zip up/doen.
Also works a treat.
Cheers
General Discussion / Re: How to remove EV ignition switch?
« Last post by John A on Today at 09:22:33 PM »
The part you want is on the end of the loom.( Edit, I just checked the picture, I was thinking of an older switch ). Mark the housing. Fold up the tabs. Be careful to capture any springs and balls as you separate it. Inside you will find the sontacts you will clean. Snot a big deal after you’ve done one. Newer switch:  Push in the plastic tabs while pulling the two halves apart.
« Last post by John A on Today at 09:15:00 PM »
Liquid soap also helps.

Then I would risk looking foolish if bubbles started forming. I use silicone grease, like DC4 or dielectric.
« Last post by Tkelly on Today at 08:55:54 PM »
Liquid soap also helps.
General Discussion / Re: 2023 V7 Special Edition
« Last post by bronzestar1 on Today at 08:55:29 PM »
Found this solo seat from the Netherlands.  Anyone know if it's a direct swap for the seat on my '23?  Thanks

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here