General Category > General Discussion

Help needed, LM 2 CX SP etc instrument panel to triple tree spacer dimensions?

(1/3) > >>

cliffrod:
This CX is apparently missing the spacers that sandwich between the instrument panel/dashboard and the top triple tree.  Part number 91 18 08 09, plate 13 illustration 42 on the diagram in parts book.  This is likely part of my alignment issues with the dash, fairing & headlight. 

Any idea approx how thick they are so I can avoid repeated assembly/disassembly guessing what they should be?  Thanks, guys

guzzista:
Sorry, no parts book to look at and the number does not come up on a search for me, but, what is directly below the instrument bracket on my SP  are  sort of studs with a female  threaded end  on the upper part. The stud part goes through the lower (cast in) handlebar clamps  at the front and the female part (upper) gets  8mm bolts to hold down the instrument bracket through. The CX/ LM2 uses  spacers as a  conventional  bar is not  used therefore no upper  half shell clamps.  Measurements I got so far: spacer part is 50mm from top of upper handlebar clamp to under  the instrument bracket plate. then  add another 10mm from  the  bottom handlebar clamp ( cast in the  top triple) through the top half shell clamp. Hope that helps

cliffrod:

--- Quote from: guzzista on July 03, 2022, 05:52:27 PM ---Sorry, no parts book to look at and the number does not come up on a search for me, but, what is directly below the instrument bracket on my SP  are  sort of studs with a female  threaded end  on the upper part. The stud part goes through the lower (cast in) handlebar clamps  at the front and the female part (upper) gets  8mm bolts to hold down the instrument bracket through. The CX/ LM2 uses  spacers as a  conventional  bar is not  used therefore no upper  half shell clamps.  Measurements I got so far: spacer part is 50mm from top of upper handlebar clamp to under  the instrument bracket plate. then  add another 10mm from  the  bottom handlebar clamp ( cast in the  top triple) through the top half shell clamp. Hope that helps

--- End quote ---

I think you’re saying that the spacer dimension may be approx equivalent to the upper handlebar clamp that’s not present or used on my bike?  50mm seems like a lot for a spacer, but as a handlebar clamp equivalent dimension it makes sense.  Right now my bike has two bolts instead of studs, which looks appropriate in the parts manual.  They’re really long, so 50mm spacers may fit. 

Nice to have a starting point-  thanks, man.

Scout63:

--- Quote from: guzzista on July 03, 2022, 05:52:27 PM ---Sorry, no parts book to look at and the number does not come up on a search for me, but, what is directly below the instrument bracket on my SP  are  sort of studs with a female  threaded end  on the upper part. The stud part goes through the lower (cast in) handlebar clamps  at the front and the female part (upper) gets  8mm bolts to hold down the instrument bracket through. The CX/ LM2 uses  spacers as a  conventional  bar is not  used therefore no upper  half shell clamps.  Measurements I got so far: spacer part is 50mm from top of upper handlebar clamp to under  the instrument bracket plate. then  add another 10mm from  the  bottom handlebar clamp ( cast in the  top triple) through the top half shell clamp. Hope that helps

--- End quote ---

Can you photograph the parts?  I’m sure I have them if Clifford can bear another package. Ben

pehayes:
This is sort of a little bit of help.  Can't measure as they are hidden up behind the fairing and the rubber instrument panel face plate.
My bike is a newer SPII.
I have the correct parts book for mine and I found the spacers you refer to.  Hollow, thick wall to allow a bolt to pass through.
On my SPII, those spacers "distanziale" are # 91-18-08-09 so different from yours.  They would reside on the upper bolts of the handlebar clamp.
There is also a double end threaded captive stud "prigionere" #96-50-80-45 which resides in the lower holes of the handlebar clamps.
Not the same as  yours, but at least some comparative guidance.
Tomorrow I will look in the daylight to see if I might photo or measure but I doubt such.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont  CA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version