Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by faffi on Today at 03:40:07 PM »
Personally, I consider a V7 to be twice as valuable as a Nevada, because if I bought the latter, I would have to change a lot for it to suit my preferences. However, everything is worth what you are willing to part with. I think it is better to buy with emotions than thinking about resale value, because emotions usually cause more happiness than resale value.
General Discussion / Re: Front brake cable holder
« Last post by Air-Cooled on Today at 03:13:43 PM »
Thanks so much for the photos cliffrod!  If I need to shape it myself from straight stock wire I'll use this tool:

After reading all the discussions about people wanting to disable or remove the ABS apparatus, it occurred to me: If you don't like ABS, why not just dis-able it (push the button) every time you fire the bike up?

BTW, I plugged the dash back in and turned on the key, no ABS warning lights or anything, so I guess I'll leave it dis-connected.
« Last post by Tom on Today at 03:05:03 PM »
The Cali will fit the bill if you're planning on touring out of state and having a pax.  The Nevada will feel cramped if two up.  Capable for solo riding.  If you're 6' or more the California would be a better fit.
« Last post by Tkelly on Today at 02:47:36 PM »
Nevadas are rare and some folks are willing to pay accordingly,although the newer 750s are probably better from a performance standpoint.
General Discussion / Re: Offically an old geezer rider
« Last post by Mike Crenshaw on Today at 02:44:22 PM »
I was taught by a Guzzista many years ago that there are four basic stages to getting older.   Age 60 you become a Geezer; age 65 you become a Coot; age 70 you finally reach Codge statusr; age 75 you are officially a Curmudgeon.  You can be an Old Fart at any age.  Hey, you kids get off my lawn and don't even think about touching that bike!!
Had a call with Dick Guthrie MGNOC State Rep and part of the organizing crew for the MGNOC 2024 National Rally.  He has over 150 registered already.  Rally included before June 1, 2024.  $125 after.  If you want to wait till last minute, he said that it would help that you email/call to let them know you're on your way.  This is so he can give the caterers a head count 10 days before the rally.  He estimated 250 for the rally.  "300 would be a nightmare."

He tried to get the Cossacks to come.  It would be no charge but they required 9 rooms for the crew.  No 9 rooms available in town at one hotel.  They're great to watch.  Amazing what they do with their bikes.

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=cossacks+motorcycle+drill+team&mid=0D1FBFEF52EA9211D2280D1FBFEF52EA9211D228&FORM=VIRE

General Discussion / Re: California 1400 Trunk
« Last post by Mike Crenshaw on Today at 02:38:20 PM »
I have a 2014 California 1400 with bags and top case (trunk) currently listed on the Swap Meet.  Please take a look and contact me if you have any interest.  I have other photos. Mike

I think if you just cut and seal off the wires, you just cannot disable the ABS. I’d be inclined to test the switch function with a test lead and a battery out on the bench. Reasoning that if you push the button in, then you close the circuit and it goes live, thus disabling the ABS (until the next startup), then cutting and sealing off the wires will mean you cannot ever render the ABS inactive..
Who cares ?
I think I did that to mine, but I can’t remember.
« Last post by Dave Swanson on Today at 02:19:36 PM »
To me that seems quite high for a Nevada considering V7s are going for that price, such as this 2013 V7 in Indian Trail, NC which is advertised for $3510 with 11,000 miles, and these are asking prices. 

Or this 2015 with 6900 miles for $3990

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here