Author Topic: '12 Norge exhaust flow.  (Read 7156 times)

56Pan

'12 Norge exhaust flow.
« on: January 30, 2015, 01:12:25 PM »
Just ordered the Agostini "compensator eliminator" (Y pipe) and a Mistral muffler for my '12 Norge.  I'm sure there's a relevant thread on this, but just wanted to know if anyone had done these mods and did they have to do a remap due to running too lean? Thanks for any input.

Online Matteo

• Alaska Guzzi's on Facebook
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Make me an offer I can't refuse!
    • https://squareup.com/store/doubleshovelciderco
Re: '12 Norge exhaust flow.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 11:19:14 PM »
I put a Mistral reverse cone on my 07 Norge and it didn't run any leaner.
66 Stornello Scrambler,77 Lemans,80 CX100,16 V7II,21 V85TT Centenario
Gone to new homes: 84 LM3, 82 1000SP, 00 V11Sport, 84 V50III, 84V65, 00 Jackal, 07 Norge

56Pan

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 11:25:44 PM »
I put a Mistral reverse cone on my 07 Norge and it didn't run any leaner.

Was thinking that the Y pipe plus the muffler might lean it out too much.  Thought maybe someone had done the same mods and had problems.  Will put the parts on and see how it goes.  Thanks.

beetle

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 11:55:59 PM »
I recommend you pull the main fuses to reset the fuel trims. That should minimise any issues with fueling until the ECU can trim each side to suit the y-pipe.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 11:55:59 PM »

Offline smdl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 12:03:34 AM »
...or possibly get Guzzidiag and try to track down the Internet legend known only as "Beetle" (or sometimes "Mark") to see if you can con him into letting you try one of his maps...   ;D
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'17 V7 III Stone
'21 Aprilia Tuono 660
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore (Yep, two)

beetle

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 12:54:24 AM »
Tee hee!

Vasco DG

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 01:10:02 AM »
What we need is a bike with these mods so I can log it and Mark can build a map.

Mark has a 'Pretty good but not perfect' map for stock Norge 8V, flat tappet. If we can get a roller bike with this pipe combination we'll thoroughly enjoy building it a map.

At the moment though my bike is in Wagga, I'm awaiting the arrival of my cheap Amdroid phone for the logging and then we have an Ago conical to log and map, after that where. Someone else waiting for the same stuff for an Ago 'Horses Hoof' Hydroformed pipe also for Griso.

On top of this Mark also has a full time job and I seem to be selling bikes hand over fist at the moment so I'm busy, (Sold a Cali 14 Custom this week, another V7 last week and a bloke is really interested in a 1200 Sport too. Nice work. Better than rebuilding destroyed Stelvios! Give us a bit of time and supply us with the tools and we'll build a 'Real world' map that actually works.

Pete

56Pan

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 08:11:26 AM »
What we need is a bike with these mods so I can log it and Mark can build a map.

Mark has a 'Pretty good but not perfect' map for stock Norge 8V, flat tappet. If we can get a roller bike with this pipe combination we'll thoroughly enjoy building it a map.

At the moment though my bike is in Wagga, I'm awaiting the arrival of my cheap Amdroid phone for the logging and then we have an Ago conical to log and map, after that where. Someone else waiting for the same stuff for an Ago 'Horses Hoof' Hydroformed pipe also for Griso.

On top of this Mark also has a full time job and I seem to be selling bikes hand over fist at the moment so I'm busy, (Sold a Cali 14 Custom this week, another V7 last week and a bloke is really interested in a 1200 Sport too. Nice work. Better than rebuilding destroyed Stelvios! Give us a bit of time and supply us with the tools and we'll build a 'Real world' map that actually works.

Pete

I certainly appreciate it, sir.  No hurry and I'll just reset the fuses as Beetle suggested and see how it goes.  Will be glad to pay whatever you think is fair for both your labors when/if you get that map logged.  Thanks.

Offline nikwax

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 04:26:42 PM »
I highly recommend their existing Norge 8v maps. Utterly transforming.
2014 Ducati Multistrada GT
2011 Norge GT 8V "Otto Valvole" (gone after 32k miles)
2001 BMW R1150 GS (gone after 100,000 miles)

Vasco DG

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 08:05:17 PM »
The removal of the 'Collostomy bag' will make a substantial difference, more so I'd guess than the pipe but until we get a chance to actually log stuff it's impossible to tell. Just remember though it's always safer to go slightly rich than slightly lean. Note slightly! Too rich will kill it stone dead in no time For!

Pete

beetle

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 09:45:42 PM »
I reckon torque would be improved, especially when remapped.

56Pan

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 11:03:33 PM »
Beetle, could you or Pete PM me the 8V map referenced by Nikwax?  You guys do this on your own time, and I would gladly pay whatever is deemed fair. Haven't tried remapping the ECU yet but am looking forward to learning all that.  And I did see the thread where the engine was basically ruined by running way too rich.  I promise to be careful and not ruin another engine.

beetle

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 01:40:04 AM »
PM me your email address and I'll flick you the map.

Be aware it's designed for stock exahaust with the 'compensator' installed, so I've no idea how it will run. It's a bit exciting! 

56Pan

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 08:41:29 AM »
PM me your email address and I'll flick you the map.

Be aware it's designed for stock exahaust with the 'compensator' installed, so I've no idea how it will run. It's a bit exciting! 

Just sent it and thanks a million.

Offline ItsForrest

• Ugly Bag of Mostly Water
  • Hatchling
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 02:57:03 PM »
56pan, where are you in NC?
I will be moving to the Triad area in March. I just scheduled a flight and hotel for next month to go nail down where I'm going to live while I go job hunting.

Please do share your results if you go forward with this.
This is something I have been wondering about as well. Even though it's not in plain view, I would love to dump the heavy and ugly colostomy bag collector as well. I can't afford to dump a grand or more on the Y pipe and new can before my upcoming cross country move but it definitely is in the long term plan for my '12 Norge as well.
Perhaps we will be close enough to compare your upgrades to my stock bike after my move.
The urge to buy terrorizes!

56Pan

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 05:59:24 PM »
56pan, where are you in NC?
I will be moving to the Triad area in March. I just scheduled a flight and hotel for next month to go nail down where I'm going to live while I go job hunting.

Please do share your results if you go forward with this.
This is something I have been wondering about as well. Even though it's not in plain view, I would love to dump the heavy and ugly colostomy bag collector as well. I can't afford to dump a grand or more on the Y pipe and new can before my upcoming cross country move but it definitely is in the long term plan for my '12 Norge as well.
Perhaps we will be close enough to compare your upgrades to my stock bike after my move.

I'm about 45 miles northeast of Charlotte, Forrest.  Probably 110 mi. from the Triad.  Yeah, when I get the parts on I'll pass the results on to you.  Middle of a home remodel right now, so they'll have to sit until I can make time.  Good luck with the job hunt.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here