Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: NGC Shoulder surgery??
« Last post by bobrebos1 on Today at 03:10:56 PM »
Best of luck on your surgery, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

-Stretch

Thank you Stretch! 
General Discussion / Re: western us road trip advice
« Last post by Motormike on Today at 02:48:15 PM »
Just keep a close eye on the weather in May.  I've been snowed on (motorcycle) in Bryce Canyon and had to flee to lower elevations, and one May I was completely caught out on I-15 near Beaver, Utah.  Rain turned into a complete blizzard.  Had to abandon the bike in a roadside rest area.  Thought I might be spending the night in the men's room (heated, thank goodness! :tongue:) but a friendly trucker took me into Cedar City for a motel room overnight.  By noon the next day, the roads were clear again, the hotel manager was kind enough to drive me out to my bike, and I was able to continue on my way.  The point of all this is the weather can change out west with little warning.  It's the elevation that gets you. 
General Discussion / Re: V100 California Merged Threadfest
« Last post by Moparnut72 on Today at 02:01:36 PM »
This has got me wondering. I purchased a V100 not quite six months ago. I traded my Audace a couple of years ago because it got to be too much for me. I traded it for a T120, more of a middle weight cruiser type of bike. MG didn't make anything in that range. I already also had a V7lll but didn't think it suited me as a long distance tourer so when the V100 hit the market the T120 was traded for the V100. I am a Guzzi guy after all. The V100 isn't quite the bike for me but it fills the bill and I like it a lot. But now if they are going to build a California with the 100 motor it might be more to my liking if it isn't a heavy monster. But I am not trading again, I will ride my Mandello as long as I can and finish with my V7. But when the time comes maybe I will finish on a Vespa but I will probably be too far gone for one of those when I can't handle the V7 any longer. Getting old is the pits but it is better than the alternative.
kk
« Last post by JJ on Today at 01:12:57 PM »
"Monster Cruiser!!"  :rolleyes: :shocked: :huh: :wink: :bow: :thumb: :cool: :boozing:

General Discussion / Re: '07 Norge instrument display hell
« Last post by PJPR01 on Today at 12:45:28 PM »
Have sent you a PM Brider…I think you might be pressing In and sliding right at the same time.  Just slide it right without pressing IN.  If not give me a ring…pretty sure it’s an easy fix.
General Discussion / Re: never heard of this happening before...
« Last post by normzone on Today at 12:38:40 PM »
Thanks for sharing this, added to my bank of "other peoples problems to remember in case it happens to me".  :thumb:
« Last post by rocker59 on Today at 12:23:57 PM »
General Discussion / Re: Oh, the irony
« Last post by cliffrod on Today at 12:19:36 PM »
I am 65 and have had my license to ride on the street for 49 years and rode the fields for a few years before that. Many broken bones and road rash but they are all memories that I have grown to cherish.

I have been fortunate in life, it has been well rounded. I remember the day in my mid twenties that my ex told me it was time for me to move on and I left Arizona with everything that I owned in the world on a 1976 Harley. I made my way towards Ohio because I knew someone that owned a spot there and would have a place to park and hopefully enough work to get enough money to start over. It was the worst time in my life but it worked out. I was down to just enough money for gas to get me to where I needed to go. I stopped on a country road and walked through a few trees and the sweet corn was just getting ripe and I picked an ear and ate it raw. When I exited back to the road I was met by the farmer who asked me what I was doing. After hearing the truth he took me to his shop as a place to stay and fed me. He put me to work fixing and readying equipment. We still keep in contact to this day.

I went on down the road and met my wife that I have been married to for 30 years and we have a nice home, I am now retired after 23 years with the same company and I have a number of motorcycles. including the 76 Harley that I made my way into life on. I still club race, have done 8 sanctioned races so far this year. The secret is as we get older and slower so do the bikes I race.

Motorcycling has been my life and will continue to be until I can no longer breathe life into my body.

Yup- great post.  Welcome to WildGuzzi.

There’s something about going through life’s adventures on a bike, especially when the same bike makes it through all of those adventures with you and nothing else does.    My old V7 Sport has traveled a very similar road with me, through all the good and bad.  It’s still here and it’s still that important to me.   Many people don’t understand- Restoring it would whitewash where we’ve been and what was done together.  It was always good enough for me just like it was when it was the best bike I had.  It still is and it still is.

I don’t ride as much as I used to or would like to, but that’s okay.  My old Guzzi is still ready to go, even if I’m not. Even a short ride on it is still as good as it always was.

General Discussion / Re: NGC Shoulder surgery??
« Last post by Stretch on Today at 12:16:37 PM »
Best of luck on your surgery, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

-Stretch
General Discussion / Re: Oh, the irony
« Last post by Stretch on Today at 12:07:52 PM »
What Dave just said!

Welcome, ThunderBoy!   :laugh:

-Stretch
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here