Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: 2023 V7 Special Edition
« Last post by JStorm on Today at 09:53:28 PM »
If you had your service done this past Friday, you might have sat on my bike! I had it there for the break-in service. While it is compact, it rides quite well!

When I was having my V100S 7,500 mile service, I sat on the V7. WOW, that bike is so compact and TIGHT to you feeling! Carde has the special STONE sport, the red shocks and all that. If could keep two bikes going! I can see why people would go with the V7, no question. The V7 Stone to me looks so right. Not that the wide use range of the V100S isn't excellent, but it is a different kind of bike.
General Discussion / Re: 850 t5 Carb Questions
« Last post by nc43bsa on Today at 09:44:46 PM »

It’s the supply for the accelerator pump. The tube with the o ring is the choke.

It's been a while since I've had a PHF apart, but IIRC the circled item is the check valve for the accel pump.  It has a tiny ball in it to keep fuel from flowing backward into the float bowl.
General Discussion / Re: 850 t5 Carb Questions
« Last post by John A on Today at 09:33:18 PM »
Does anyone know what the brass part that is circled in green is? There's no way any gas is getting through this brass piece.

It’s the supply for the accelerator pump. The tube with the o ring is the choke.
General Discussion / Re: Opinions on a bargain 2004 Cali EV?
« Last post by John A on Today at 09:25:24 PM »
It appears to be a lot of bike for the money. Might as well buy it….
« Last post by Irishflyer on Today at 09:08:05 PM »
Super helpful, thanks!
Here's the dumbest question yet: Where is the timing inspection hole located? Can't find a picture that isn't a close-up...
It is on the RH side of the bike, close to where the transmission and engine bolt together. 
General Discussion / Re: 2023 V7 Special Edition
« Last post by Rower30 on Today at 08:52:27 PM »
When I was having my V100S 7,500 mile service, I sat on the V7. WOW, that bike is so compact and TIGHT to you feeling! Carde has the special STONE sport, the red shocks and all that. If could keep two bikes going! I can see why people would go with the V7, no question. The V7 Stone to me looks so right. Not that the wide use range of the V100S isn't excellent, but it is a different kind of bike.
« Last post by Mwether on Today at 08:40:22 PM »
Yep, I just had asked the same question last week:
https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=120951.0

Super helpful, thanks!
Here's the dumbest question yet: Where is the timing inspection hole located? Can't find a picture that isn't a close-up...
General Discussion / Re: First time riding a Moto Guzzi
« Last post by Rower30 on Today at 08:37:02 PM »
I changed bikes from a BMW R100RT to a V100S model. You think of any reason no matter how weird to go ride the V100S! It is a puppy dog, and is ALWAYS willing to play any way you want. The BMW was an appliance with no real soul. I wish the V100S was around about two decades ago when I was shopping for the SAME kind of "modern" european shaft drive do it all bike. That bike didn't exist, anywhere, for far too long. The BNW mosel is too big, heavy and ugly. Then Guzzi makes the V100S in 2023!  The V100S was a take my money please purchase. The V100S takes the function of the BMW but infuses it with the puppy dog nature of my 1979 CB750F 4 valver. How Guzzi hides all the uglies is Italian art...clearly they care about the bike's visual nature and not just the performance. I walk backwards looking at the bike after I get off it. I'll leave the looks with that.

I just went to the AMA motorcycle museum, about 300 miles round trip. The V100S is even a peach on the de-interest state I70. It run smooth as glass and 54 MPG. So far at 8,000 miles it has been the least trouble of any bike I've owned. My biggest complaint is I'm too light for it, 140 pounds isn't what the suspension was made to work against.

The Guzzi engine sound is intoxicating, that V8 kind of roar is sublime. I was flaberghast with the first run to red-line.  The new engine didn't loose that V8 character. I love everything about the general V-design, it just makes sense. That the engine design has so much soul does make it feel like flesh and blood.
« Last post by elrealistico on Today at 08:01:45 PM »
I have the same exact bike too. Mine has a VIN/Engine number that is after the cutoff for them manufacturing with the 2 plate clutch and hydraulic lifters. The range escapes me now. I havent noticed a whine in 5th gear either, in the 3K miles (bike now has 19K on it) I have owned it. Ask for more pix and the engine #
General Discussion / Re: V7 exhaust
« Last post by cliffrod on Today at 07:43:25 PM »
In addition to Steve’s advice, make sure there are no air leaks related to the new exhaust installation at exhaust ports or pipe/muffler union.  Such leaks allow additional air into the exhaust to help ignite unburned fuel upon deceleration to cause popping, especially when such popping or backfire increases as time passes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here