Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Front brake cable holder
« Last post by Air-Cooled on Today at 05:41:15 PM »
These two looms on my bike are actually each bolted to fender.    It’s a simple piece of stainless wire with a small loop on one end  for fender bolt and a larger loop on the other end for the brake cable.  Not very complicated.  This loom is sandwiched between the rear brace and fender on each side.  They can appear to be welded to the brace but are not.  Maybe earlier bikes had welded looms on brace, but my 73 doesn’t.

Thanks, that's sort of what I thought based on photos. I'm gonna order a couple of these, and I bet they will look and work just like the OEM.

General Discussion / Re: Front brake cable holder
« Last post by Air-Cooled on Today at 05:38:15 PM »
I you just want functionality, couple of zip ties work a treat!!!

I want more than functionality. The V7 Sport is a work of art.
General Discussion / Re: changing eldo fork oil
« Last post by guzzisteve on Today at 05:17:40 PM »
I have no issues w/laying dash back on a board across the bars then use 1/2" breaker w/socket. Simple, but it's no show queen. Patina rules    I use 15W BelRay but have 20W waiting.
General Discussion / Re: New opinions on preferred mesh summer jacket
« Last post by dguzzi on Today at 05:04:42 PM »
  I have a Tourmaster Draft, I love it!  I also have a Tourmaster Transition 3 for cooler temps. I like that stuff!
« Last post by Tom on Today at 04:50:26 PM »
My Eldo is a hack tug.  ATF is okay for that use.
General Discussion / Re: Pressure washer recomendations,gas or electric?
« Last post by Tom on Today at 04:47:54 PM »
I have both.  I need to go thru the carb on the gas one.  Don't really need it.  The electric one is fine most of my purposes.  Dry climate here and only street riding.
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on Today at 04:43:50 PM »
Drum brake forks are so crude, just about any oil works well. I've used 30w PJ1 fork oil to 80w90 gear oil and just about everything in between.
Our local car wash is pretty good, except for the inconvenience of having a bike not start after power washing. I had that happen the other day with my convert. I was cleaning grunge off the transmission, and a wire blew off the starter. I had a couple of guys there help me bump start it, so I could get home, and figgure out what happened.

Its kinda nice, and convenient, powerwashing it at home, then putting it up on the table lift for detailed cleaning/ drying/ blowing out the nooks and crannies with compressed air.

Its one of my most "therapeutic" activities.    :grin:

Rick
Funny you mention that. I don't dig the Bobber, but if I could stretch the budget (which I can't) this little number in Chicago with a screen and cargo rack looks pretty good. Negotiations starting at $5500...
https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/mcy/d/chicago-2017-moto-guzzi-v9-roamer/7733339297.html

I see the Roamer as the direct descendant of the
V65c….650cc
V7 Nevada…750cc
V9 Roamer…850cc

I would love a Roamer and is a step up in the same direction…and the ergonomics are better suited to my size, 5’9” 185lbs…dislike the Bobber look tho…both are V9 but completely different go figure

Always the choice w guzzi,
newer better for more or …
older used abused for less
Good question.  Last time, I went through to the NV State rally.  Road construction was still a deal.  It did move however.  They should be done.  This was Henderson thru Vegas.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here